C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code P0856

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 11:07 AM
teagarner
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code P0856

i have a question about my 2004 Corvette . i left the interior lights on and the battery went dead and when i charged the battery again the dash board said "service engine soon ". and the ABS light and the traction control lights where on and the error code that shows' up is P0856 traction control torque request circuit . i replaced the battery and it is still not fixed can anyone help me?
Old 02-08-2023, 08:44 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,147 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Welcome to the Forum !!...do you have a DVOM that can possibly read "duty cycle" or Hertz and are you OK with electrical testing ??...picture below of the Requested Torque Signal wire so since it has a 5 volt reference I would check it either at the PCM pin 13 on the C1 connector or at the EBCM pin 12...your wiring schematic is below....checking for the 5 volts is better with a headlight bulb just to be sure there is no high resistance on that wire...just checking for volktage won't cut it...if you have a better scan tool you can read the duty cycle data PID and it should read from 10-90%..if this seems like this is "all Greek to you" find yourself a diagnostic shop in your area…since the battery went dead I’d have it load tested at your favorite parts store before trying to diagnose this.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:18 PM
teagarner
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Diag
Welcome to the Forum !!...do you have a DVOM that can possibly read "duty cycle" or Hertz and are you OK with electrical testing ??...picture below of the Requested Torque Signal wire so since it has a 5 volt reference I would check it either at the PCM pin 13 on the C1 connector or at the EBCM pin 12...your wiring schematic is below....checking for the 5 volts is better with a headlight bulb just to be sure there is no high resistance on that wire...just checking for volktage won't cut it...if you have a better scan tool you can read the duty cycle data PID and it should read from 10-90%..if this seems like this is "all Greek to you" find yourself a diagnostic shop in your area…since the battery went dead I’d have it load tested at your favorite parts store before trying to diagnose this.

itook it to a shop and they said it is an abs control modual that is discontinued and they would have to send it out for someone to rebuild it and put it back in for 1800$ is that sound right to you
Old 02-10-2023, 07:50 PM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 525 Likes on 439 Posts

Find another shop or two and get another estimate.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:12 PM
sleepingcougar
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

clear the code and drive it for couple of days. the codes may disappear.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:20 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

There are 2 plugs and 6 torx screws that hold it in. Find another shop

Get notified of new replies

To code P0856

Quick Reply: code P0856