C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker C5 catback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:36 PM
non-poster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker C5 catback exhaust

Does anybody have these? Does anybody know anything about them?

Hooker Aero Chamber Muffler w-dual 3 1-2in. Polished Stainless Steel Tips 1997-up C5 Corvette
Price: $399.95

http://www.c5-corvette.racenet.net/exhaust.php, about halfway down the page.

The Holley/Hooker website is a little hard to navigate, but I think I found the product there.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin.../21726HKR.html and http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...f21726HKR.html It does look like a C5 application.

Does anybody else sell these?

If I didn't already have PRT's, I'd seriously consider getting these. For half the price of other company's exhausts, and these are from a well-known company, it seems like a pretty good deal.

[Modified by non-poster, 5:37 PM 3/5/2003]
Old 03-05-2003, 08:28 PM
devo
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Default Re: Hooker C5 catback exhaust (non-poster)

hmm i took a look at the link and you are right they dont look bad! but i wonder how they sound? i dont know of any one whith hookers installed. great price! if anyone has these please chime in...
Old 03-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Aaron's-coupe
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Hooker C5 catback exhaust (devo)

I saw that they were comming out but haven't seen any yet (in person or pictures). If they are like their other products they should be high quality. I have a pair of Super Comp headers on my 67 camaro and they fit great and were built great. I would like to hear them on a car. :yesnod:
Old 03-06-2003, 08:03 AM
THRAP 42
Pro

Default Re: Hooker C5 catback exhaust (Aaron's-coupe)

Good looking mufflers. But when you say Hooker, I drift back in time 30+ years to BB Nova's, 57's with classic suspensions, tube axles and metalflake paint. Hooker did some nice stuff back then and it looks like they are now too. Best part is the price, this is more in line with the market vice the train of thought of "it's for a C5 so we can charge more for it."

Good job Hooker.

later,
Old 03-07-2003, 09:55 PM
martinsw
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Hooker C5 catback exhaust (non-poster)

Those do look good, and at a great price. My stock mufflers have a weld leak on the muffler side of the connecting flange. Trying to justify getting upgraded mufflers vice just getting flange welded .... this might do it.

Would be nice to get feedback from someone who has it ....

Get notified of new replies

To Hooker C5 catback exhaust

Quick Reply: Hooker C5 catback exhaust