C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to lower the front...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 08:48 PM
MiamiDave
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Best way to lower the front...?

What is the best way to mildly lower the front w/o degrading ride quality..? They are already lowered as far as they will go with the factory bolts. I know there is a bushing, but I don't want to lose my great ride quality. Only want to lower it .25-.50 an inch more in the front...
Old 03-06-2003, 08:50 PM
C5B
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best way to lower the front...? (MiamiDave)

As far as I know, the only way to go is to cut the bushing. I was conservative, and only cut one rib off the bushing (about 1/2"). Ride is better, in my opinion.

- C5B

[Modified by C5B, 1:51 AM 3/7/2003]
Old 03-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: Best way to lower the front...? (MiamiDave)

So, are you saying this car has already had the front bolt turned as far as it will go? :confused: Then, that is all you can do. Next step is cutting bushings. I can tell you from experiance, if you cut the bushing the ride certainly is not going to get any better. I cut two thirds off the front of mine and I had to go to Bilsteins as my shocks bottomed on big bumps and it was bone jarring. The ride is 90% better, but in no way the same as factory. But, I would do it again on my next one without hesitation. :yesnod: :cheers:
Old 03-07-2003, 06:43 AM
MiamiDave
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Best way to lower the front...? (racer44)

Does any one know how much lower 1 rib vs 2 rib will make it...? My front fender is at 27 1/8 driver front, 27 3/8 pax ( :cuss ).

Yes, lowered to factory bolt stops. I'll check the tech section on how to get to the front bushings...

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to lower the front...?

Quick Reply: Best way to lower the front...?