C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV mod completed

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 07:07 PM
IM QUIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default PCV mod completed

Thanks for all the forum members that gave direction on this mod. I made a few changes to what I had seen. First, the hard Vac line was removed from over the valve covers. It is shaped line a U and would not flex enough to work the way I routed the hose. I warmed the hard line over the electric burner of the stove until it was straight. Then measured it to fit along the firewall. The fuel line was then connected to the modified hard line and run to the battery box. The filter was secured to the battery box with a zip tie. The hose then continues around to the front side of the valve cover and into a BRASS check valve from McMaster Carr #7775K52 $9.97 (pcv valve removed) and then into the manifold. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/DisplCtl...MMainWidth=812
The air flow thru the filter is reversed to have the crank gasses come in thru the center hole thru the filter and out thru the out rim of the filter. This way the filter will wick the oil into the plastic bowl instead of the other way.

:cheers:

[Modified by drcoffee, 8:18 PM 2/22/2004]

[Modified by drcoffee, 8:19 PM 2/22/2004]
Old 02-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Monster231
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PCV mod completed (drcoffee)

here we go :leaving:

Quick Reply: PCV mod completed