C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 03:38 PM
blackbelt
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now?

Well if you read my other post you kinda know whats going on you can check out here. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=758263 well i got intake manifold off and i am currently removing heads but looking through the ports #1 cyclinder is dead as is #3 #1 has a valve stuck in it and #3 looks pretty bad too. It is looking really ugly i will take pics when i get everything apart. Source of problem is yet to be determined and i am with holding judgement until it is clear what happened. Just wanted to update all of you. So i guess i will be putting a 383 together for sure now.
Thanks for all of your help and support.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now? (blackbelt)

I have already talked with Terry & he wants to see the heads as soon as you get them off. The only time I've seen bent valves with the 231.237 was in cars with missed shifts, I'm interested to see what exactly is going on inside that motor! Keep me updated please :)

Jason
Texas Speed
Old 02-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now? (blackbelt)

Have you double checked the camshaft is installed dot to dot? Just double checking because that could give problems :(
Old 02-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are you saying the #1 cylinder valve fell out of the head and into your cylinder? :eek:
Old 02-24-2004, 06:47 PM
TXNC5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Source of problem is yet to be determined and i am with holding judgement until it is clear what happened.
It is good to see someone post in a calm manner (and unbiased) until the actual problem is identified (as opposed to a lot of immediate bashing that occurs). It is hard though when you put your own money and sweat into a project.

So i guess i will be putting a 383 together for sure now.
You'll love the 383. Worth every penny. I ran 10.80's at the shootout this weekend, and there is definitely more in the car.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:25 AM
blackbelt
Drifting

Default Re: update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now? (Z06ufgrad2002)

are you saying the #1 cylinder valve fell out of the head and into your cylinder? :eek:
no not saying it just fell out and caused problem. I don't want to start a rumor or anything that the valve fell out all i know now is that it isn't in the head now don't know if if fell or what exactley happend thats why have to get heads off and send them to terry. I have faith in terry and tsp that we can find out exactley what happened and fix it. All i know is that cam was and is set right dot to dot as explained in other post. And that i did not miss a shift my friend who was with me at the time can vouch for that. as of know 1 and 3 cylinder are dead and I'm a little upset. But i want to check everything out for sure before i start blaming things.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:30 AM
blackbelt
Drifting

Default Re: update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now? (TXNC5)

Sorry to hear about your problem.

It is good to see someone post in a calm manner (and unbiased) until the actual problem is identified (as opposed to a lot of immediate bashing that occurs). It is hard though when you put your own money and sweat into a project.
It is hard im only 18 and i work a lot of hours for that money and i put a lot of time into working on this car as did my friends god bless them I think they are equally upset about this whole thing. But i have confidence that it will all get sorted out soon i hope i'm going through with draws.

Get notified of new replies

To update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now?

Quick Reply: update on Finished 231/237 and patriot heads install now?