C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:12 AM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem

Today, took the car for a ride. I was driving for about 30 min or so. I got on the expressway. Went through WOT 1st, 2nd then proceeded to 3td. The clutch stayed disengaged to the floor until the rev's came back down. When I let off the gas it poped back up. What would cause that to happen? Is that a common thing with a clutch. I have had only automatics in the past so I do not know if this is normal. I have 2,700 miles on the car and never had this happen before. Is it something I did wrong?

Help
Old 02-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Cambria
Racer

I would take it back to the dealer ASAP. A clutch should not stick to the floor. It should follow your foot when you disengage
Old 02-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Cambria
Racer

Take it back to the dealer, should follow your foot when you disengage.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

It happened to me once, the same way, about 2 months ago, but never again. Let us know what the they say or find.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by c6nut
Today, took the car for a ride. I was driving for about 30 min or so. I got on the expressway. Went through WOT 1st, 2nd then proceeded to 3td. The clutch stayed disengaged to the floor until the rev's came back down. When I let off the gas it poped back up. What would cause that to happen? Is that a common thing with a clutch. I have had only automatics in the past so I do not know if this is normal. I have 2,700 miles on the car and never had this happen before. Is it something I did wrong?

Help
Same thing happened to me twice in 3 weeks.. I believe the clutch needs to be bled.. problem is that there is almost no way you will be able to reproduce it at a dealer and they will say "Nothing is wrong"
Old 02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alevy
Same thing happened to me twice in 3 weeks.. I believe the clutch needs to be bled.. problem is that there is almost no way you will be able to reproduce it at a dealer and they will say "Nothing is wrong"

Did you bleed the clutch? Has it happened again? I will call them tomorrow and take it in.

Get notified of new replies

To problem

Quick Reply: problem