C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new problem(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:06 PM
gsewell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new problem(s)

Just when its time to take her in to have gear box fixed, this weekend I seem to have a new problem. If my car is parked and the doors are locked, I can not get any of the doors to unlock. I can hear a clicking sound but thats all. If I use the fob(s) to try to unlock them it also does not work until you press the buttons a bunch. Finally I can get them to open. Also, once inside, I get the message "No Fobs Detected" when trying to start car. It takes me 3 or 4 times to get it started. I have read the posts on this but all of the suggestions to fix it didn't work.

What is really strange it seems to do it more inside or near the garage. If I move the car (after I get it started) a few hundred feet from house it works better. I even went as far as to kill all power to house, and move wifes car out of garage and still have problems.

Keep in mind that for 3 months I have not seen this and nothing has changed in, or around house. Does anyone have a way to reset the electronics on the car back to factory?

Old 04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 325 Likes on 155 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

It must be gremlins. You know, the "real" ones, like in the movie.

Actually, I can't help, but I have several gremlins haunting my C6 as well that I can't figure out. The forum has tried to help, but I'm still working on a few.

Good luck.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Corvette50
Racer

Let us know what works. Haven't had this problem yet and hope I don't. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:33 PM
gsewell
Advanced

I am beginning to think it is a German curse for not buying another German car after owning so many.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:44 PM
yellow1
Instructor

Default Rfi/emi

Do you have a home security system? Some of these are battery operated (incase the bad guys cut power and the phone lines). The attenna for these systems is often mounted over the garage? I don't know the frequency of the fobs (or your possible secutiry system) but you might check it out (or eliminate the possility) before turning your car over to a dealer for trouble shooting something that only happens in/near your garage. GOOD LUCK.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you changed the battery in your fob yet?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:05 PM
VettesintheRockies
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This morning got my keys, got into my Vette, push to start, nothing, looked around pushed again, nothing. Felt the keys in my pocket, they were there, tried to start again, DIC said no FOB detected, felt my keys again, they were there, then I took the keys out of my pocket to get them closer when I noticed my problem, I had my wife's keys. Does not solve your problem but sometimes the solution is real simple, we just have to go over everything and check. Hope yours is a simple solution.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:34 PM
JSMDMD
Melting Slicks

Default Same problem...

I had the same problem last week at work.
I came out to go home, tried to open the door and nothing happened.
Tried to use the button on the fob and nothing happened.
Tried the panic button that that worked just fine.
So I opened the trunk, used the emergency pull to open the door, got in, and the display read No Fob Detected.
I had to use the fob holder in the glove compartment to start the car.
This only happened the one time, but I am waiting for it to happen again.....
Old 04-03-2005, 10:35 PM
JSMDMD
Melting Slicks

Default Same problem...

I had the same problem last week at work.
I came out to go home, tried to open the door and nothing happened.
Tried to use the button on the fob and nothing happened.
Tried the panic button that that worked just fine.
So I opened the trunk, used the emergency pull to open the door, got in, and the display read No Fob Detected.
I had to use the fob holder in the glove compartment to start the car.
This only happened the one time in the 6 months I have had it.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:55 AM
spectra6.0
Instructor

I too have "no fob detected" from time to time, but the fob is in my pocket. All I heard was a few "clicks" when I pushed the start button. The last time I waited a minute, took the fob out of my pocket and tried again and then it magically started. I did have two cell phones sitting in the cup holder, which I don't normally do. Can this be the reason??It's not a good feeling, being stranded. I noticed if it still does not detect the fob , you can place it in the slot inside the glove box and it will start. Does anyone else have this problem??
Old 04-08-2005, 11:00 AM
REL44
Instructor

Do you folks have any other key fobs on your keychains, particularly GM fobs? I have my C6 fob on a quick-release keychain and normally keep the fob in my pocket and throw the rest of the keychain (along with the other car's fob) in my jacket or bag. I have heard of interference from other fobs causing a "NO FOB DETECTED" error.

Get notified of new replies

To Another new problem(s)

Quick Reply: Another new problem(s)