C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paddleshifter pic

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robertpel9
Thats what i was afriad of...................

Well someday we will get with the 21st century. So basically you are telling me this is not much different from rowing the gears on an auto from the center console??

I knew it was too good to be true
Thats correct. Its an automatic just like the one for sale now except it has six gear and little paddles on the wheel that you can twitch instead of the lever. Its good news for auto guys but meaningless to guys that like manual transmissions, either the old school kind or the modern SMG kind. One interesting thing is that they were researching a real SMG transmission and now a small part of it will already be in the parts bin so who knows, maybe there is still hope?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

But if this also a 6-spd auto, that is pretty nice in many people's eyes.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Oh boy, these pics are going to cause someone an unpleasant visit from the Men in the Black Suits.

All I can say is that I can neither affirm or deny that these are or are not or could be pictures of a paddle shift that may or may not be available on the 2006 Corvette assuming that they may or may not make a 2006 Corvette......

That should stop them from visiting me!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:11 PM
dan85vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stolen pictures? Wow... even took the time to erase the watermarks...

Waita ruin an awesome leap forward in Corvette-Entertainment.

MOD'S to the rescue please

Last edited by dan85vette; 04-28-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:13 PM
RJMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by cerino2000
Does anyone think that this will make a lot of people hold off for a 2006 model?
I'm holding off for the 2006 C6 for this reason and maybe GM will work out some of the bugs I read about on here.

I don't like the looks of the wheel though. I'm assuming that the "+" buttons are for "up-shift", so where are the "Down-shift" buttons?

I want an auto due to the heavy rush hour traffic I face each day. I presently drive my wife's Toyota Celica GTS auto with the buttons on the wheel. The buttons on top of the wheel are labeled "Down" and the ones on the forward face of the wheel are for "up" shifting. This is really handy in traffic and prevents the tranny from constantly shifting up and down. Another benefit is you get some engine braking when you let off the gas, just like a manual.

It is a slush box, but should still be fun.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Punk Boy
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

nice job of stealing the photos and removing the watermarks off of them...
Old 04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cerino2000
But if this also a 6-spd auto, that is pretty nice in many people's eyes.
The shift paddles are probably disabled unless the shift selector is in the M position. Some A6 Corvettes will never see the M position...those owners could care less about manual shifting.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJMan

I'm assuming that the "+" buttons are for "up-shift", so where are the "Down-shift" buttons?
Maybe the black pad behind the wheel shifter?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

WAIT A MINUTE!!

If i am reading these pics correct.. there is no way to downshift.. Given the relationship and location of the paddles and the markings on them, both paddles have "+" signs on them indicating upshift.. But nothing (certainly no room) to indicate downshift.. If all they did was add an upshift this is by far the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. WHAT GOOD IS UPSHIFT ONLY?! most people would rather have the paddles to downshift.. Smashing the pedal upshifts fine.. Its kicking down to a lower gear that most people want..
JyymBo
Burning Brakes

I like the technology aspect of the whole thing, but give me a clutch and let me stall it every now and again and I'll be a happy man!

$.02 for everyone who reads this one!

JimO
Erie, PA
(14 more student loan payments and I'll own a Vette!!!!)
vrodder64
Racer

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
Old 04-28-2005, 11:19 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Daemon Motorsports
WAIT A MINUTE!!

If i am reading these pics correct.. there is no way to downshift.. Given the relationship and location of the paddles and the markings on them, both paddles have "+" signs on them indicating upshift.. But nothing (certainly no room) to indicate downshift.. If all they did was add an upshift this is by far the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. WHAT GOOD IS UPSHIFT ONLY?! most people would rather have the paddles to downshift.. Smashing the pedal upshifts fine.. Its kicking down to a lower gear that most people want..
Check out the rear of the shifter. Might be a downshift pad.

Would make sense. The thumb pushes the assembly away from the wheel to upshift, the pad draws it toward the wheel to downshift.

Last edited by ProfMoriarty; 04-28-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:19 PM
MikeySoft
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Interesting.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

I would think push '+' to upshift, pull the back of the paddle to downshift. Just a guess. I agree upshift only would be dumb.

Regardless, it's great that this is a 6speed auto, but I don't see the big deal with the psuedo manual shift. When would this find use?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
Maybe.. But never have i seen a PULL to downshift.. always a push.. or in BMW's case.. right hand pull upshift left hand pull downshift like in F1.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Oh boy, these pics are going to cause someone an unpleasant visit from the Men in the Black Suits.

All I can say is that I can neither affirm or deny that these are or are not or could be pictures of a paddle shift that may or may not be available on the 2006 Corvette assuming that they may or may not make a 2006 Corvette......

You're safe, Dave.

Frank
Old 04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Daemon Motorsports
Maybe.. But never have i seen a PULL to downshift.. always a push.. or in BMW's case.. right hand pull upshift left hand pull downshift like in F1.
True, but it ain't no Modena either!

It's still an auto that's got a neat paddle shifter gimmick.

I would think that the majority of auto tranny vette buyers (CF'ers excluded) would not appreciate the little kick in the back that you get when you shift with an F1.

Last edited by ProfMoriarty; 04-28-2005 at 11:30 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Paddleshifter pic

Old 04-28-2005, 11:31 PM
RainJ
Safety Car

Location: Biloxi MS Theres something happenin' here, What it is ain't exactly clear.....

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

I was either at the Plant saturday, or I wasn't .. But I certainly DID or DID NOT see the 2006 Corvette while I was there..

Whew - now I can sleep better - they will not come after me either!
Rain
Old 04-28-2005, 11:33 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Punk Boy
nice job of stealing the photos and removing the watermarks off of them...
Some people don't even know that there are other vette sights. This gives all interested some great information. The watermarks were removed for respect of this forum. Another member had a direct link to the other site's pics and their post was removed. It just happened to have been removed before you got here. As for Dave's comment, I have asked the horse himself and if he says remove them, they will be gone pretty quick so if by the time you read this you don't see any pics, that means I was told to remove them. If you got to see them and I had to remove them later, you can be considered lucky!! I should know by morning.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:36 PM
RainJ
Safety Car

Location: Biloxi MS Theres something happenin' here, What it is ain't exactly clear.....

well- original posted did allude that these came from Digital Corvettes' web site..
can't believe someone took the watermarks off -

ah well -

Quick Reply: Paddleshifter pic