C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in Hawaii, car on the way

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 08:07 PM
jhhawaii
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in Hawaii, car on the way

And what a great drive up the coast! As most of you know from my previous post, I ended up canceling my order, and bought a black on black Z51 from Mossy in Encinatas. Had a business conference in SF last week anyway, so just made a little detour to SD to pick up the car and drive it back to SF for fun, then ship it.

It was awesome, PCH is a wonderful drive, especially in a new vette! Once in a lifetime experience, I loved it.

The car is everything I hoped for and more. Got it on a ship to Honolulu that left Wednesday. Should get here Monday, and be unloaded and ready for pick up by Thursday next week. Can't wait.

One problem with the car though, feedback noise from the radio. It was actually dissapointing as I had to deal with it the whole drive. At low volume, it sounds like I am listening to AM and driving thru a tunnel. At higher volume, the sound quality is poor overall. Does in on FM, XM, and CD. So I am thinking amp problem, but we will have to see. Anyone with similar problem, or aware of any TSB's regarding this issue?

Someone tell me how to post pics and I will post a couple from the drive.

Quick Reply: Back in Hawaii, car on the way