C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat runflat

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 02:42 PM
JSTMYSPD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat runflat

Did a search....Didn't find anything...Went to take wife out for Christmas eve brunch...all dressed up and ready to go...Fired Vette up...bing,bing, bing"right rear tire flat do not exceed 55mph"Checked tire sure enough has small nail dead center of tread....Any advice? Can it be plugged?Do I need to bring pucks to tire place?Thanks and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all...jb
Old 12-24-2005, 02:52 PM
drtli
CRAZFST
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes it can be plugged. Bring the pucks. If your miles are low enough it should be covered by the road hazard warranty on the runflats. Get a runflat certified shop though. Your tire warranty booklet has the Goodyear 800# to direct you to the proper location. Several threads on this , BTW.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Cisco Vette
Instructor

The same thing happened to me--the rear tire had a nail in it which was repairable. Take the car to your nearest Goodyear EMT Service Center. Call the Goodyear EMT Service Locator System at 800-786-3528. Also bring along your EMT Original Equipment Tires Owner's Manual. Repairable punctures will be repaired at no charge during the warranty period. The tire dealer may not be aware of th warranty terms. Therefore, I presented it to the service center's manager and the tire was repaired at no cost to me. Without the Owner's Manual and Limited Warranty, they will charge you a fee to repair.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:58 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cisco Vette
The same thing happened to me--the rear tire had a nail in it which was repairable. Take the car to your nearest Goodyear EMT Service Center. Call the Goodyear EMT Service Locator System at 800-786-3528. Also bring along your EMT Original Equipment Tires Owner's Manual. Repairable punctures will be repaired at no charge during the warranty period. The tire dealer may not be aware of th warranty terms. Therefore, I presented it to the service center's manager and the tire was repaired at no cost to me. Without the Owner's Manual and Limited Warranty, they will charge you a fee to repair.

I went through the exact same thing. Good info. The only part of your post that needs correcting is "Take the car to your nearest Goodyear EMT Service Center." Not all Goodyear EMT Centers can work on the C6 Vette. A lot of those centers cannot handle the size of the Vettes tires. Strange, but true.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:08 PM
JSTMYSPD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cisco Vette
Cisco,Thanks for info! Just got off the phone and will have it taken care of Mon.Happy holidays!john
Old 12-24-2005, 04:50 PM
SC TROJAN GRAD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by drtli
Yes it can be plugged. Bring the pucks. If your miles are low enough it should be covered by the road hazard warranty on the runflats. Get a runflat certified shop though. Your tire warranty booklet has the Goodyear 800# to direct you to the proper location. Several threads on this , BTW.
what is a puck?
Old 12-24-2005, 04:51 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by toorich
what is a puck?

jacking puck....you shouldn't need them...I had all 4 of my tires replaced because of nails.....definately make sure the Goodyear center can do the car....
Old 12-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,150 Posts

Pump up the tire as soon as you can. It will probably hold air for quite a while if you left the nail in the tire. Drive it as little as possible with no air.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:21 AM
ricatthebeach
Drifting

Insist on a patch, not a plug. We're talking high perf. 180 mph rated tires here and a plug just won't do. Patches cost more because the tire must be removed from the rim in order to perform the work; but what do you care; it's under the GoodYear warranty. Also, if the nail hole is to close to the edge where the tread and sidewall meet, you'll need a new tire, again under Goodyear road hazzard warranty. Good luck!
Old 12-25-2005, 04:12 PM
2005ArcticWhite
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'18,'20-'21,'24

Originally Posted by ricatthebeach
Insist on a patch, not a plug. We're talking high perf. 180 mph rated tires here and a plug just won't do. Patches cost more because the tire must be removed from the rim in order to perform the work; but what do you care; it's under the GoodYear warranty. Also, if the nail hole is to close to the edge where the tread and sidewall meet, you'll need a new tire, again under Goodyear road hazzard warranty. Good luck!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:02 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Originally Posted by xcutter
I went through the exact same thing. Good info. The only part of your post that needs correcting is "Take the car to your nearest Goodyear EMT Service Center." Not all Goodyear EMT Centers can work on the C6 Vette. A lot of those centers cannot handle the size of the Vettes tires. Strange, but true.
I called around in my area on who could or could not repair my tire. Figured it was better to know ahead of time. Out of four dealers only two could work on my vert.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:00 PM
LeeWB3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had 502 miles on mine with a flat. Goodyear (Gemini) patched it and said it was good to go. I'm monitoring because nail went in head first and I (and they) are concerned about too much damage to tire. Good luck!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:40 AM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by ricatthebeach
Just go to Discount Tire they will patch, not plug, and if your tire needs replacing they will honor the Goodyear Warranty. I had a screw to close to the sidewall and they replaced my tire, no charge. Good Luck.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:56 AM
9t5
Cruising

Default California Courtesy Delivery

Ordered my son a loaded Victory Red Convertible from a dealer in Texas 1st week of October, the car was built 11/30, and I took a courtesy delivery on 12/22 from a dealer in Southern California. The courtesy delivery fee was $250, paid in advance, when the car was built. When we arrived at the delivery dealer, the car was full of gas, and the sales manager spent about an hour showing my son how everything in the car worked, he even called the next day to make sure that everything was OK. As far as the registration of the car, the selling dealer sent me the manufacturers certificate of origin, and I am responsible for getting the car registered. In California that means getting a smog certificate, getting the vehicle identification number verified, and paying sales tax and license fees.

Get notified of new replies

To Flat runflat

Quick Reply: Flat runflat