C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Nav update for ALL! 15263090 owners rejoice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Buffy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Violet
I was wondering when you were going to chime in and make some opening comments on the disassembly I assumed you were doing, too.

I've been pretty busy with Christmas, my wife's birthday and stuff and haven't managed to do much with it. I did confirm that it is a KIWI-format disc, with two images on it. I've extracted these and mean to take a look at them, but they aren't anything instantly recognizable. It does look big-endian, and I'm thinking that the processor is a Hitachi SuperH or similar device. The embedded strings I've found imply a POSIX-like filesystem. With any luck I'll have a chance to peek into this more in the next week or two, but going through 12MB of stuff may take a while!
It's most likely a complete image though, not a patch set or partial.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boyko23
My question too
What do all of you mean with this "press and hold the ACC button...." Does it mean just to start the car and the proceed? And is it necessary to listen to a CD during the update?
Forget the accessory switch method and let the car run! This is much safer than trusting that you pushed the ACC switch long enough.

No - you do not need to listen to a CD but it will not interfer (nor will listening to XM has been reported) with the upgrade.

Last edited by Steve Germany; 01-05-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Violet
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buffy
It's most likely a complete image though, not a patch set or partial.
*ding ding ding* We have a winner. Well, matches my thoughts as well. Which, coincidentally, was exactly what I was hoping for. Sure as well won't hurt in the search for that elusive PIN anyway.

But yah, 12MB of freakin' code is a little daunting. But hey, gotta start somewhere. LOL
Old 01-05-2006, 07:54 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Germany
Forget the accessory switch method and let the car run! This is much safer than trusting that you pushed the ACC switch long enough.

No - you do not need to listen to a CD but it will not interfer (nor will listening to XM has been reported) with the upgrade.

Doing it that way makes it fool proof as the car has minimal to no chance of shutting down on its on if already running.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by montivette
If I press and hold my ACC button for over 10 seconds the yellow light on the button goes off and acc mode I think is left in the dust?

Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Maybe my internal timer is off? My vision was working when the DIC displayed Accessory Mode after a couple seconds of pushing
Just leave the car running - the safest way to go.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Boyko23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steve Germany
Just leave the car running - the safest way to go.
Thank you too...
Now I think that everything is clear, but is there anyone who has doen the upgrade with a running car and not following the instructions with the ACC?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

Thank you too...
Now I think that everything is clear, but is there anyone who has doen the upgrade with a running car and not following the instructions with the ACC?
YES! And I listened to a CD at the same time. I would not of recommended it if I had not done it myself.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you too...
It'll probably work, but realize that the car is talking on the Class II bus when the engine is running. That could confuse the radio while it is in the middle of updating its operating system. Chevy wants the update done with the engine off to eliminate this possibility.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
doctunder
Racer

Default Is anyone willing to part with their update discs?

I've posted in a couple different places on the forum with no avail.

My CD burner died and I can't burn the discs so I would love to do the update but I can't.

Can anyone help me?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by doctunder
I've posted in a couple different places on the forum with no avail.

My CD burner died and I can't burn the discs so I would love to do the update but I can't.

Can anyone help me?
Contact Racer C6 he is second in line for my disks and have his send them to you. Your job will be to foward them along to someone else.

Tchuess!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:12 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS819
OK, I admit I'm the newbie, and I've only had my Corvette for about 36 hours, but I heard about this mod and really wanted the MP3 capability.

I burned the CDs and did the install. Everything seemed to work fine, but when I put in a CD with MP3 files (some in folders, some not) the drive just comes up with Loading Disk, then I get message about not being able to read the disk.

Any thoughts? Did the mods not take? The Nav still works, the radio still works.

DJS819
Do a little more reading on the best ways to burn the discs. iTunes works and a few of the others work.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: MP3 Nav update for ALL! 15263090 owners rejoice!