C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Window Valet

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 09:14 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

In stock and ready to ship!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:34 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 05-31-2016, 12:13 PM
DanInFlorida
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Help!

My Windows Valet quit working after my car died and I replaced the battery.

Nothing happens (moving the windows) when I click the up and down procedure.

I tried calling Top Down Tech and I just get a machine and I can find nothing on their short webpage (about the Windows Valet) to help me here.

I tried removing it and reinstalling it. I tried holding down RESET (on the DIC) and pressing unlock on my door and I don't see the Tach move. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. It's about 6 month's old.

EDIT: The subtle alarm feature still works (horn honks 3 times if no fob detected when grabbing door handle).

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Last edited by DanInFlorida; 05-31-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:41 AM
DanInFlorida
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DanInFlorida
Help!

I tried calling Top Down Tech and I just get a machine and I can find nothing on their short webpage (about the Windows Valet) to help me here.

I tried removing it and reinstalling it. I tried holding down RESET (on the DIC) and pressing unlock on my door and I don't see the Tach move. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. It's about 6 month's old.

EDIT: The subtle alarm feature still works (horn honks 3 times if no fob detected when grabbing door handle).

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
Although I liked Windows Valet (While it worked for about a year), I cannot recommend it. The manufacturer does not answer calls or return calls.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:47 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Although I liked Windows Valet (While it worked for about a year), I cannot recommend it. The manufacturer does not answer calls or return calls.
My windows valet is almost 10 years old and still works perfectly. Had it on my 2005 C6 and is currently in my 2013 GS.

Last edited by Homer3D; 06-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:07 PM
dmk0210
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
C6 Features Include....

1) Remote Control Power Windows Let the windows down as you approach the car. The heat escapes before you get in.No need to get back into the car to let the windows up. Put the top up and walk away. Convertible owners know all too well what this means.Don't leave the windows down just because the car is on a racing trailer. Climb out, raise the windows, secure the car. Tight garages are no longer a problem. It's much easier to get into the car after lowering the windows.
So I'm confused. I'm not seeing anything about the above highlighted functionality in the product documentation on the Top Down website.

Do the windows close automatically when I walk away with the Fob, or for the windows to close do I have to press the lock buttons as I "Put the top up and walk away"?
Old 06-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Unless the product was changed/updated since I got mine, the windows will not automatically roll up as you walk away. Here is how mine works.

Hit unlock x3 = windows roll down
Hit lock x3 = windows roll up (car honks)
Hit unlock x2 + lock once = windows roll up (no honk)

Hit lock x3 while windows are already up = windows vent (rolls down about half an inch)
The following users liked this post:
STRIB (06-04-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 12:29 PM
dmk0210
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
Unless the product was changed/updated since I got mine, the windows will not automatically roll up as you walk away. Here is how mine works.

Hit lock x3 while windows are already up = windows vent (rolls down about half an inch)
Thanks Homer3D!
STRIB (06-04-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 01:21 PM
DanInFlorida
Intermediate

That's what the're supposed to do. And it's great when working. Would be GREAT to talk to the manufacturer who won't answer or return calls.

I loved mine when it was working, I just need help (left hanging).

Last edited by DanInFlorida; 06-02-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:16 PM
STRIB
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Valet not working

My valet quite working due to the windows not rolling up all of the way. Probably a battery reset by the dealer. Fix it to crank the car, shut the door, roll both windows all of the way up and hold for 3 secs.
DanInFlorida (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 12:19 PM
STRIB
Intermediate

Default Valet not working

Just had this issue. Window was not set up all of the way. Crank, shut the doors, roll the windows up all of the way and hold for 3 secs.

Good luck!

Help!

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
DanInFlorida (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 12:26 PM
STRIB
Intermediate

Worth its weight in gold and was by far the easiest mod ever.

Posted by another user. It also also to monitor the last high speed and tach (Ferris!), but I have yet to use it. Will try it.

Last edited by STRIB; 06-04-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:28 PM
DanInFlorida
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STRIB
Just had this issue. Window was not set up all of the way. Crank, shut the doors, roll the windows up all of the way and hold for 3 secs.

Good luck!
Thanks STRIB for your help! So following your advice, I went to my GS to reprogram the windows (as you suggested) and I happened to take my 2nd fob (that I never use). As I was walking up to my car to reset the windows, I pressed the unlock 3x and wa-la... the windows opened and all the other functions worked too. So, I would assume that reprogramming/re-learning the original fob might get that one working again.

Either way, I am THRILLED to have my Window Valet working again. Once you have it, it sucks without it.

Last edited by DanInFlorida; 06-04-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:33 AM
STRIB
Intermediate

Default Valet

Thanks STRIB for your help! So following your advice, I went to my GS to reprogram the windows (as you suggested) and I happened to take my 2nd fob (that I never use). As I was walking up to my car to reset the windows, I pressed the unlock 3x and wa-la... the windows opened and all the other functions worked too. So, I would assume that reprogramming/re-learning the original fob might get that one working again.

Either way, I am THRILLED to have my Window Valet working again. Once you have it, it sucks without it.

Glad to hear that Dan. I had this issue before and it seem to have fixed it self (or I did unknowingly). One other issue I have sometimes is the passive response on opening my driver door. I will jump to the valet and open it from the inside. I originally thought it was the battery in the fob, but something else might be causing it. I was writing it off the gremlins, but after installing the iSimple bluetooth, I feel I'm on a roll know. Poor baby has been neglected for a few years.
DanInFlorida (06-05-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 05:41 PM
LifeInAVette
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Very slick. Can see how this could be useful. Quick question:

Would this work with an "OBDII splitter" plugged into the OBDII port, then this device plugged into one of the splitter ports?

OBDII splitter example in case needed: https://www.amazon.com/Diageng-Low-P...obdii+splitter

I have a Bluetooth device plugged into the OBDII port already for DashCommand app, but would like to be able to use both at different times while both are plugged in to save on having to plug/unplug every time I get in/out of the car...

...or if you guys want to further develop this device to relay info via Bluetooth while the car is running...

Last edited by LifeInAVette; 06-16-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LifeInAVette

Would this work with an "OBDII splitter" plugged into the OBDII port, then this device plugged into one of the splitter ports?

OBDII splitter example in case needed: https://www.amazon.com/Diageng-Low-P...obdii+splitter

I have a Bluetooth device plugged into the OBDII port already for DashCommand app, but would like to be able to use both at different times while both are plugged in to save on having to plug/unplug every time I get in/out of the car...

...or if you guys want to further develop this device to relay info via Bluetooth while the car is running...
I don't see why not, never tried though. If someone wants to try and let us know, I'd be interested to hear about it too.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-28-2016, 05:49 PM
LifeInAVette
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LifeInAVette

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I don't see why not, never tried though. If someone wants to try and let us know, I'd be interested to hear about it too.

Thanks,
Dave
Already tested. Works perfect using OBDII splitter. Thanks for this device.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Window Valet

Old 01-17-2017, 10:33 PM
zzjakect
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I have it and like it. Worth the money.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:44 PM
meichacker
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi. Does your C5 window valet work in your C6?

Originally Posted by Homer3D
My windows valet is almost 10 years old and still works perfectly. Had it son my 2005 C5 and is currently in my 2013 GS.
Are the C5 and C6 models interchangeable between cars?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by meichacker
Are the C5 and C6 models interchangeable between cars?

Thanks,
Mike
That was a typo. I mean 2005 C6. Still using the same valet on my 2013 GS today.

Quick Reply: C6 Window Valet