C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

armrest replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
mbsigman
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default armrest replacement

Howdy all. I've done a search on this but couldn't cough up the answers; probably operator error!

I'd like to replace the stock armrest in my '07 C6 with a leather one. I've seen the cover that Redline makes and I'd although I just today ordered their shift/ebrake boots, I'd rather go with a replacement armrest.

I would love to do business with Downsouthvettes but they are still not returning calls or emails; I guess the personal problems that gentleman had are still continuing.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by mbsigman
Howdy all. I've done a search on this but couldn't cough up the answers; probably operator error!

I'd like to replace the stock armrest in my '07 C6 with a leather one. I've seen the cover that Redline makes and I'd although I just today ordered their shift/ebrake boots, I'd rather go with a replacement armrest.

I would love to do business with Downsouthvettes but they are still not returning calls or emails; I guess the personal problems that gentleman had are still continuing.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Mike
Prior to Downsouth Vettes coming on the scene, the definitive name in interior leather replacemnt was Vette Essentials. If you are looking for testimonials pop into C5 General and ask anyone. The Vette Essentials are synonomous with thick leather and high quality cuts, parts and stitching. You will pay a little more but you will never be dissapointed.

http://www.vetteessentials.com/c6prod/c6prod.htm

Paul
Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
SteveTurner
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Downsouthvettes armrest and it is padded and great on trips. However Downsouthvettes seems to be out of business.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 PM
RBYCC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any other alternatives?

Thanks
Mike
Remove the armrest and bring it to a local trim shop....should be under $150.00

Last edited by RBYCC; 01-11-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:34 AM
mbsigman
Pro

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mr RBYCC,

Originally Posted by RBYCC
Remove the armrest and bring it to a local trim shop....should be under $100.00
I'm about to show my ignorance here, but my interior is Cashmere. How could a local trim shop match the color?

I looked at Redlinegoods, but the closest color to Cashmere that they offer (Sierra) is still off. Knowing how **** I am about this car I would want the color to be REALLY close. I like the idea of a local trim shop and will start looking tomorrow.

Thanks again to all.

Mike
Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
RBYCC
Drifting

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mr RBYCC,

I'm about to show my ignorance here, but my interior is Cashmere. How could a local trim shop match the color?

I looked at Redlinegoods, but the closest color to Cashmere that they offer (Sierra) is still off. Knowing how **** I am about this car I would want the color to be REALLY close. I like the idea of a local trim shop and will start looking tomorrow.

Thanks again to all.

Mike
An automotive or marine trim shop has access to any color leather, vinyl, alacanthra, suede, whatever, to match the factory colors in a much higher quality then what GM uses in the C6.
They can pad, pleat, pipe, do whatever you want to meet your taste.

I pulled out my seats and had a local shop redo in a retro tuck and roll with piping in black and the red used in the C5 which is much brighter then than the C6 red. Total cost was $1200.00 !!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

There's nothing magical about re-doing an armrest (or a Corvette interior for that matter)....just go with a quality local shop.

A few years back my car broker found the exact Suburban I wanted in nearby Phoenix....it was loaded with everything and the right color but it had cloth seats. He had a local shop change the entire interior to leather....it was a quality job, the color matched fine and it was way better than stock leather.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:16 PM
GTO_Vette_Guy
Instructor

Originally Posted by talon90
Prior to Downsouth Vettes coming on the scene, the definitive name in interior leather replacemnt was Vette Essentials. If you are looking for testimonials pop into C5 General and ask anyone. The Vette Essentials are synonomous with thick leather and high quality cuts, parts and stitching. You will pay a little more but you will never be dissapointed.

http://www.vetteessentials.com/c6prod/c6prod.htm

Paul
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
buddyepa
Racer

I got mine from MidAmerica. The stock one was eating my elbow up and this one is (thankfully) padded.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:36 PM
holdin5aces
Burning Brakes

Default ditto with a Firebird

Originally Posted by Wayne O
There's nothing magical about re-doing an armrest (or a Corvette interior for that matter)....just go with a quality local shop.

A few years back my car broker found the exact Suburban I wanted in nearby Phoenix....it was loaded with everything and the right color but it had cloth seats. He had a local shop change the entire interior to leather....it was a quality job, the color matched fine and it was way better than stock leather.

Did Jamis do yours?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 PM
chuckr
Racer

Originally Posted by buddyepa
I got mine from MidAmerica. The stock one was eating my elbow up and this one is (thankfully) padded.
I will be down in Winder for Christmas Our son lives there We are looking at some property in that area
Chuck
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Intermediate

Contact Matt at Vette Esentials. I got my Cashmere ones after seeing their goods at Carlisle...Perfect match .Excellant quality and fit although the double sided tape did not stick. I don't thimk I cleaned the door properly. Recleaned it twice and got some good 3M double sided tape and its on for good.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:17 PM
hamshog
Instructor

I just got mine from Vette Esentials also and it looks and feels great.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:20 PM
greengo
Drifting

Got mine from MidAmerica and it's top notch!!
Matches my interior leather perfectly!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:46 AM
mbsigman
Pro

Mr RB,

GREAT looking interior job!

I took your advice and found a trim shop in Fort Worth that's been in business over 35 years. Little hole in the wall place. Drove there today and he said that he could get the actual cashmere leather from GM, put it over 1/2" padding and have it done by tomorrow morning for $145. Super!!

Unfortunately I can't post pix to this forum, but I will let you know how it comes out tomorrow. Thanks a ton for the advice!

BTW, both he and the dealer have cautioned me about the side bolsters on the seats, specifically the outboard bolsters. They are subject to excessive wear on Vettes. They both (separately) cautioned me to get in sideways and pivot in the seats to save wear on the side bolsters.

Mike
Old 12-23-2006, 12:59 AM
mbsigman
Pro

Mr RB (and others recommending local trim shops),

You, Sir, are a Steely Eyed Missile Man in my book.

Like I said in my previous post, I took your advice and went to a local trim shop I found in the Yeller pages. His ad said 35 years in the business and let me tell you - he wasn't just whistlin' dixie. His shop had pictures going back that far of cars you wouldn't believe that he'd replaced entire interiors on.

Anyway, I brought the car to him yesterday afternoon. He took the armrest off and told me to come back this morning. I got there at 1PM and the armrest was completed, and it's beautiful. Exact match, fit of the cover is perfect, and the padding underneath is terrific. Price was $140, not the $145 I quoted earlier.

So thank you and everyone else on this forum; I have learned so much about my Vette here.

Mike
Old 12-23-2006, 04:17 AM
SimpsonH
Pro

Mr RB (and others recommending local trim shops),

You, Sir, are a Steely Eyed Missile Man in my book.

Like I said in my previous post, I took your advice and went to a local trim shop I found in the Yeller pages. His ad said 35 years in the business and let me tell you - he wasn't just whistlin' dixie. His shop had pictures going back that far of cars you wouldn't believe that he'd replaced entire interiors on.

Anyway, I brought the car to him yesterday afternoon. He took the armrest off and told me to come back this morning. I got there at 1PM and the armrest was completed, and it's beautiful. Exact match, fit of the cover is perfect, and the padding underneath is terrific. Price was $140, not the $145 I quoted earlier.

So thank you and everyone else on this forum; I have learned so much about my Vette here.

Mike
Mike,

Can you give us the name of the shop? Thanks.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:36 PM
mbsigman
Pro

Heya all. I posted the name on the Southwest forum but didn't think to do it here, so here goes:

Chris's Trim Shop
3001 NE 28th St
Fort Worth TX 76111
817 834 4951

Great guys there!

Mike
Old 12-23-2006, 02:06 PM
RBYCC
Drifting

Heya all. I posted the name on the Southwest forum but didn't think to do it here, so here goes:

Chris's Trim Shop
3001 NE 28th St
Fort Worth TX 76111
817 834 4951

Great guys there!

Mike
You did good.....
Never under estimate the capabilities and value that a local trim shop offers, particularly one that has been in business for a while.

I found that the pricing of forum vendors for full leather covers that you had to install yourself, exceeded having a trim shop pattern, cut, pad and install !!

Difficult to make a one size fits all cover as there are variances.

Get notified of new replies

To armrest replacement

Quick Reply: armrest replacement