C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Rafael chevrolet went out of their way to replace our damaged vette with a new, b

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:07 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ask1ed
It did make a difference. Thanks again to all who helped. We withdrew bar and bbb and doca complaints and have tried to change the headers so the dealer can recoup some positive publicity. As long as you do the right thing, it doesn't matter why you do the right thing. We still owe $46, 654 on the car, and split the tax/lic. with the dealer as the replacement car did not have 5,083 miles, but 117 miles. He could have dug in and made us sue, but did the right thing in the end, and so deserves credit for that.
Just an idea ask1ed - if you are satisfied, maybe you wanna ask a mod to close this thread now that it has run it's course, to keep it from turning left into someone else's rant, since you and other actual involved parties are now where you both want to be. Just an idea.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:06 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

At this point if you want excellent customer service and great deals with qualified techs to work on your Corvette and take care of your Corvette while it is getting service in their shop , check with Ritch (the Parts Manager) at Woodard Chevrolet/Cadillac in Fairfield off of I-80. He will take care of you and he owns a Z-06 so he understands your concerns and needs.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
ask1ed
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
Just an idea ask1ed - if you are satisfied, maybe you wanna ask a mod to close this thread now that it has run it's course, to keep it from turning left into someone else's rant, since you and other actual involved parties are now where you both want to be. Just an idea.

I guess it should be closed. I think we should get google to recrawl it so the header is a pos. one. The dealer should not get hammered any more. The original header has been changed, and my posts cleansed, and the dealer did the right thing in the end, so he has suffered enough now.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Winterlude
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brand new car, what more can you ask for, almost worth the trouble
Old 01-06-2007, 05:17 PM
bub
Safety Car

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Are charges being pressed against the service tech due to the drug paraphenalia?

Lock that guy up.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Bone Daddy
Member: Jr Geezer's Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Most excellent! Glad it worked out!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
SiggyZ
Heel & Toe

I'm happy to see you were able to get this issue resolved. I never saw your original post before it was edited, but I assume an employee at the dealership took your car out for a joy ride and wrecked it. If that is the case, the dealership is responsible and then obviously needs to go after the employee for their actions.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

We are all glad for you that it worked out. If it wasn't mentioned, there is such a thing called "opportunity costs". Meaning, while you were arguing with these guys, you lost the joy and satisfaction of driving your own car. What about rental costs, finance fees, etc? Believe me when I say that I agree with everyone that your dealer is more about saving their bacon than truly being the good Samaritan, they claim.

A $55K or whatever it cost would not break them but a bad rep and a highly publicized lawsuit would hurt them far more. the way I see it, they still owe you big time.

Quick Reply: San Rafael chevrolet went out of their way to replace our damaged vette with a new, b