C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reverse sensor on C6 *write up*

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:27 PM
robl45
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a modified scotch lock connector, it lets you tap into the wire without having to cut it.

Originally Posted by abrimberry
What are the parts circled in red called? I'm familiar with the connectors that plug into those parts. Thank you.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:21 AM
hpfiend
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are 3M T-Tap Connectors.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 AM
drew47000000
Pro

great write up, going to try camera install tomorrow!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:24 AM
San Diego Tony
Navigator

Default reverse sensor on C6 *write up*

Great write up. Thank you for thanking the time to describe what you did in such detail. It really motivated me to also do a reverse camera install. I would have just ordered the same kit that you have, but I have to see everything (hands on) before I install it. I am kind of weird that way. I really liked the idea you had to mount the monitor on the bottom on your mirror with a hinge. The monitor installation had always been my biggest concern.

I went to many shops and couldn’t find a monitor similar size to yours. So I went with another option that worked very well that I thought I would let others know about. I hope you don’t mind me linking on to your post. If you do mind, I apologize in advance.

I found a thin monitor. It is about the same thickness as the factory vanity mirror in the visor. I removed the mirror. I installed the monitor in its place. Then I tucked the wires behind the panels around the window. I just flip the visor down when backing up. The monitor doesn’t interfere with anything when flipped down to block out the sun, since the monitor is off when not backing up.

Thanks again for all the work you put in to your post.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:14 AM
poser
Instructor

no problem...glad to do it...i was looking at my photobucket account recently, and i was debating getting rid of all the pictures, since this thread is so old, and i figure no one would need the info anymore...

do you mind sharing which monitor you got, and where you got it from? i'd love to have a thinner monitor...

thanks!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:17 PM
San Diego Tony
Navigator

Originally Posted by poser
no problem...glad to do it...i was looking at my photobucket account recently, and i was debating getting rid of all the pictures, since this thread is so old, and i figure no one would need the info anymore...

do you mind sharing which monitor you got, and where you got it from? i'd love to have a thinner monitor...

thanks!
The monitor is a MTV-7CLP. They sell a couple different colors with the connections on the left or the right side. So make sure you order the right color and the side connection you need. I installed mine on the drives side visor and my interior is black. I purchased a black monitor with left side wire connections.

I purchased mine from a little local shop from Carlos at “Pump It UP Audio” 619-426-0934 in Chula Vista, CA. I don’t know if this little shop ships product, but you can call them. I did a Google search and found MTV-7CLP monitors on the internet. I don’t know exactly what I paid for it due to I purchased the camera and several other things, and I don’t have an itemized receipt, but you probably shouldn’t pay more than around $160 for it.

Quick Reply: reverse sensor on C6 *write up*