C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate to ask...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip
I guess that they figure that since you had possession of the car while it was on, then it might as well let you restart it. I guess this is usefull if your spouse had her fob but you didn't have yours, and you drop her off someplace and when you get home you don't have your fob, so the car will turn back on so that you can go get her fob and then get home and turn the car off!?!?
The car will not start without the fob.

There are occasional reports on the forum of cars being dead in the water, as the fob went elsewhere with the spouse while the car was running.

The car will turn off without the fob, but you might get the 'no fob detected' message and the car honking at you.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 50-50
Bottom line is that I had NEVER seen a battery go so dead- so fast- and so freakin completely in all the years I've been driving and wrenching.
That is absolutely classic for this car. Especially '05 MN6.

In fact it just happened to mine a week ago.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:46 PM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

First thing , & starting point >> Time for an Optima & will take care of situation............... & if not corrected >> you have a good starting point as the the voltage will be correct........... & continue diagnosis from there...........

Last edited by StrayDog; 05-28-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: I hate to ask...