C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is GM getting cheap with gas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Linn_Boyd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speak with your survey

When you get that survey make certian that you rate it as bad as you can. This will cost that dealer much more than the fillup! Also he is paid to fill it and should fill it for you!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 AM
heisnuts
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 459 Likes on 209 Posts

Guys, I really think we have beat this one to death already. In this case it looks like Carl's dealership made a mistake and Carl has corrected the problem. As the original poster said, he was very happy with everything else except the gas (which has now been corrected) so I can't see killing him on a survey over a simple mistake. I think the moral to the story is if you are not happy about something at the time of delivery point it out (to management if necessary) and wait for the response before getting excited.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Guys, I really think we have beat this one to death already. In this case it looks like Carl's dealership made a mistake and Carl has corrected the problem. As the original poster said, he was very happy with everything else except the gas (which has now been corrected) so I can't see killing him on a survey over a simple mistake. I think the moral to the story is if you are not happy about something at the time of delivery point it out (to management if necessary) and wait for the response before getting excited.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GMautotech
GM pays the dealer for a full tank.
Say GM sells 2.26 million units a year with an average 22 gallon capacity gas tank...if their average cost per gallon is $2.70 you're looking at $154,000,000.00+....not an insignificant sum even for GM.

I would hate to think the dealership is getting so 'pinchy' they cut you for $20 worth of gas on a $50K deal....especially when they're not even paying for the fuel in the first place.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Vetteinplano
Burning Brakes

I picked mine up on my 49th birthday. Dealer had it prepped, full of gas and a white bow across the top! Had cake and ice cream too!

Oh yeah, he is a friend of mine....
Old 06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Vetteinplano
I picked mine up on my 49th birthday. Dealer had it prepped, full of gas and a white bow across the top! Had cake and ice cream too!

Oh yeah, he is a friend of mine....
that's a good friend. and a smart business person.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
sedonacorvette
Instructor

Default Gas

G M credits the dealer for a full tank of Gas. Same as new car prep. Credit is determined by the tank size. We always get a full tank on our new Yukon and Corvette.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:30 AM
CMyC6GoBy
Heel & Toe

Default dealer took you for a ride

When I took the buyers tour I was informed that the plant only puts a few gallons of gas in, and the main reason is because GM pays the dealer to fill the tank when each car is sold. Sounds like your dealer took you for a ride, if it was me I would contact the Bowling Green plant and ask them if this is really true and if so, I would be making a trip to the dealer and paying a visit to the saleman and general manager

When I picked up mine the tank was full without even asking.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
98VertPDX
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Purdue
I did a courtesy delivery from the plant to PHX and was told by the accepting dealer that I had to fill the tank. Good thing a gas station was next door as the tank was empty....guess that's the service you get for $200.
Same thing here when I did my courtesy delivery... glad that my house is 2 miles from the dealer :-)

...After reading some other posts, I understood that for courtesy delivery or cars delivered through their 'fleet' GM does not reimburse... did I misunderstand post #84?

Regards,
Luis

Last edited by 98VertPDX; 06-10-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Johntjba
4th Gear

I bought mine off of the showroom floor. The dealer followed me to the gas station and put it on his charge card.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:23 PM
z06Bigbird
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In the late 80's, a GM dealer in the Northern VA area sold a couple a new car with only a gallon of gasoline in it. As they headed down Interstate 95, the car stalled in traffic--completely out of gas. Both were killed. Shortly after that, GM required all of its dealers to fill tanks of new cars prior to sale. I don't know what has happened as of late.

Quick Reply: Is GM getting cheap with gas?