C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky Window Fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:17 PM
UBETRUN
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Squeaky Window Fix

05 A4 Z51 1SB 46K miles

For the last week or so, my driver's window has been squeaking something fierce on the way down. Not a small squeak either, more like a cat caught in the window mechanism.

The window guides ride on green plastic bushings that run on vertical steel braces fore and aft of the window. With silicone grease applied to different parts of the braces between tests, I isolated the squeak to the inside lip on the forward brace near the top. The only way to get to that section of the brace is to remove the inner and outer window felts, lower the window, and push it outward with one hand while smearing grease on the brace with the other.

Took about 30 minutes to isolate the squeak and 15 seconds to fix it, hopefully my experience saves someone else some aggravation.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:00 PM
martinf55
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UBETRUN
05 A4 Z51 1SB 46K miles

For the last week or so, my driver's window has been squeaking something fierce on the way down. Not a small squeak either, more like a cat caught in the window mechanism.

The window guides ride on green plastic bushings that run on vertical steel braces fore and aft of the window. With silicone grease applied to different parts of the braces between tests, I isolated the squeak to the inside lip on the forward brace near the top. The only way to get to that section of the brace is to remove the inner and outer window felts, lower the window, and push it outward with one hand while smearing grease on the brace with the other.

Took about 30 minutes to isolate the squeak and 15 seconds to fix it, hopefully my experience saves someone else some aggravation.
So I guess you had to take off the door panel. Any pics?
Old 08-23-2017, 12:49 PM
thejackel16
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too would like more info on what needs removed to get at the grease points and to see a picture of the part needing greased - my car also has a trapped cat in the door that complains when I move the window up or down.

Get notified of new replies

To Squeaky Window Fix

Quick Reply: Squeaky Window Fix