C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Sets Track Record @ Roebling Road

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
fi9aly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Sets Track Record @ Roebling Road

Attended SCCA driving school last week in order to obtain my competitive racing permit.(what a blast) my son and I both are in this together and will race together. After last session(5 lap race) it was announced that the driver of the Z06 had set the record, right behind him? Micah in his red C5 Z06. Roebling Road Track is on the outskirts of Savannah, Ga. Really a blast and ages ranged from 16-65 yoa. If you just want to learn how to handle a car going 130mph into a dead right or left turn and not spinning or wrecking, you will love this, really a great group of racers, and cannot say enough good things about the instructors.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Good on you for really learning how to drive your Corvette and for getting out there with your son!

I know racing or even high performance driving isn't for everyone but I'm always amazed how few Vette owners make the effort to learn what their car can do on a road course. There are venues that stress education over competition where you can learn at your own pace. I took my oldest son with me last month when I ran my car....he loved it.

Congratulations to Z06 driver with the new track record.

Quick Reply: Z06 Sets Track Record @ Roebling Road