C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im Ashamed and SCrewed

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:28 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,937 Likes on 4,816 Posts

Sorry about your accident, hope it works out either in perfect repair job or they total it so you can try again.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 AM
ThunderWheels
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you and the other driver are ok. You must have blown thru that yield sign! Put some Bondo on it and a little paint, you're good.

Originally Posted by Jeff Pedersen
Those 2 dudes in the guys avatar above my post are real creepy and very scary.
Not nearly as much as and old dude walking a pit bull with lipstick on it!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k T.A.R.A.
so i just got a new 2008 corvette 2lt z51 npp black/titanium MN6 SICKKK Car! got it this past saturday... less then 400 miles and a DUMB mistake i rearend some POS at a yield sign! front is BAdd more towards right side, my airbag went off too... hope its totalled, any thoughts or remarks is cool... or if u wanna put me to shame, i understand.... all this after a small car meet
Congratulations on the new Corvette...sorry about the accident. It's regrettable but accidents happen.

Why call the car you ran into a POS? That "POS" might be every bit as valuable to its owner as your new Corvette is to you.

I don't know that I'd hope its totaled. Even though the car has less than 400 miles on it your insurance company will likely pay you its depreciated or actual cash value. Assuming so, you'll lose money if they total it.

Good luck!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 AM
cranky
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Pedersen
At least your okay. Accidents happen to everyone. Hopefully they total it. Someone will rebuild and sell it and the new owner will probably be on the forum in the future.

Those 2 dudes in the guys avatar above my post are real creepy and very scary.
VERY SCARY!!!!
RRVettes
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for your troubles, but a good body shop can do wonders. Hang in there.
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
My sentiments exactly. The best part is the person who got rear-ended is the POS.
the nerve of the POS, getting in front of a vette
Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't quite figured how YOU rearend someone and THEY end up being the POS! Look in the mirror for the POS!

I can just hear the other guy..."..so I'm sitting there at a Yield sign waiting for my chance when some POS Corvette driver (who think they own the road anyway) smashes into my new _____! Damn, probably just another Vette driver tryin' to con his insurance into paying for a wide body conversion on their dollar!"
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 AM
BAMF AE
Safety Car

Location: The Surgeon General has warned that it's ok to smoke mustangs!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by keyplyr
Sometimes it takes an event like this to bring us to a more alert perspective. Things happen very quickly...

Good luck with the repairs

.....as harsh as it may sound, it only took one accident (which wasn't even my fault) to be in alert mode at all times. Not a fun way to drive, but better than the alternative.

Sorry about your misfortune, but it will be repaired as good as new....if possible, NOW would be a great time to take advantage of the "wide-body" kit since the front is a lot more expensive than the rear.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
moolys
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Good luck with the repairs accidents do happen
Old 09-19-2008, 11:17 AM
y2k T.A.R.A.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

POS in this situation was an old Buick, sorry it may not have been a POS and i can see it from his point of view too, BUT i really dislike people who like to SIT at yield signs WAITING for a GOOD enough chance to merge, it is supposed to be a yield NOT a stop sign... anyways i was on a highway and in the lane that yields and then u can make the right turnaround to get on another highway (if i did a good job explaining the location)
Funny part is i have most damage on right side but all front is badd... and most his damage was Right side but all the back was Bbadd, Perhaps im right he was slightly turnd while bout to merge but then suddenly stopped?? but how would i possibly pitch that to the insurance company? its gona be all on me and sometimes its not fair! that car was older, dimmer brake lights, turned to merge, and stopped at a Very busy interection/highway turnaround thingy...

i was rollin in kinda quick, my fault, and judging from traffic was gonna merge in like butter as he was GONNA but didnt and split second is all it takes, AIRBAG! there was a cop that followed me after my small car meet i was at, a buddy of mine called me and gave me the heads up, but i was driving fine (first gas tank so was tryin for GOOD gas mileage, ohwell) i couldnt see him behind so figured i was fine and he left, but before onstar could respond the lights were on and wow so fast, first accident this bad for me, So Sad it was the vette shame shame

imma go see car right now, cant even sleep! will post pics in a couple hours... hope its totalled cuz its new, now its not so new
Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Vetteinplano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Worse yet, the armadillo has retained Bill Adler as his P I lawyer ........................................ ....................
That would be Jim Addler....The TX Hammer!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:22 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
Congratulations on the new Corvette...sorry about the accident. It's regrettable but accidents happen.

Why call the car you ran into a POS? That "POS" might be every bit as valuable to its owner as your new Corvette is to you.

I don't know that I'd hope its totaled. Even though the car has less than 400 miles on it your insurance company will likely pay you its depreciated or actual cash value. Assuming so, you'll lose money if they total it.

Good luck!
My sentiments, as well. That guy may be saying the same thing about the vette that hit him out of nowhere. I think the OP may be frustrated more at himself for this happening to his brand new vette. Hope it gets fixed asap and is good as new. BTW, the widebody "front" is more $$$ than the rear, so get the ins. co to pay for that and you'll do the rear. Of course then you'll need wheels, tires, brakes . . . . . . .
Old 09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Zotic
Racer

Shame on the POS for causing your problem – whereby forcing you to rear-end him/her, imagine the nerve of some motorists… not moving fast enough out of harm's way.

Regrettably accidents are a part of life, but to disparage the victim by your ignorance, in part, due to your “negligence” in failing to be alert enough to notice a yield sign and/or sensible enough to realize and keep a “safe” distance, is indeed shameless.

Tailgating and the likes of diminished distances between automobiles is an unsafe as well as unacceptable practice for obvious reasons to the sensibly minded, unfortunately its performed daily by those of a lesser mindedness.

Hopefully no injures resulted from the happenstance, and that you’ll prevail with a satisfactory repair. Best of luck.

Last edited by Zotic; 09-19-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:46 AM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

Accidents happen. Learn from it: Increase your distance (follow the 2-second rule, as it works regardless of the velocity of travel), avoid distractions from electronic devices, and remain defensive at all times.

I've seen things like this turn mediocre drivers into WORSE drivers because they go around afraid evermore. There's a difference between being nervous and being alert and defensive. Hopefully you are able to incorporate this incident into your driving in the best way ... if you do, your Vette will forgive you

Sorry for the damage to your new Corvette. Mine has 390 miles on it and I couldn't imagine how I'd feel in your shoes.

Good luck with everything.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:57 AM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

.... i really dislike people who like to SIT at yield signs WAITING for a GOOD enough chance to merge, it is supposed to be a yield NOT a stop sign...
Yes, but a yield sign does not equate to merge sign, so if it's not safe to merge, you must yield to traffic, even if that means stopping until it's safe to proceed w/o cutting off another driver.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:05 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by 2vettes
Yes, but a yield sign does not equate to merge sign, so if it's not safe to merge, you must yield to traffic, even if that means stopping until it's safe to proceed w/o cutting off another driver.
And that's exactly why I said in prior post, I really dislike "yield" signs. Most people don't know what a STOP sign means---just watch all of us who do not stop (and some don't even slow down!!!).

So I not only CAN imagine, but I've watched drivers come up to a yield sign and do just about anything, including speeding up and cutting everyone off!!!!!

On paper, a yield sign makes sense. In practice, either no one remembers what it means, or doesn't follow the definition.

It's a disaster waiting to happen. And in this case, it did.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
SilverFish
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I doubt they would total it unless you had some major frame damage. The good news is as long as the frame was not damaged it will be easy to fix. All the panels bolt and/or glue on. I recently had an accident and my rear half was shattered, along with parts of my doors and rocker panels. I got sick looking at all of those broken pieces but the body shop put it back together and now you'd never know it had been hit. Lucky for me there was no frame damage.

Get notified of new replies

To Im Ashamed and SCrewed

Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Revving High
Pro

sorry to hear. **** happens bro. I fell asleep on the parkway with cruise control set at 75. Nailed the barrier. totaled a CTS. Thank god you are ok!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
exaf86
Racer

Never mind the poor sucker unfortunate enough to get in your way, not to mention the whiplash you could've given him. The car and your unsafe driving habits are what's important.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
TBMVette
Advanced

POS in this situation was an old Buick, sorry it may not have been a POS and i can see it from his point of view too, BUT i really dislike people who like to SIT at yield signs WAITING for a GOOD enough chance to merge, it is supposed to be a yield NOT a stop sign... anyways i was on a highway and in the lane that yields and then u can make the right turnaround to get on another highway (if i did a good job explaining the location)
Funny part is i have most damage on right side but all front is badd... and most his damage was Right side but all the back was Bbadd, Perhaps im right he was slightly turnd while bout to merge but then suddenly stopped?? but how would i possibly pitch that to the insurance company? its gona be all on me and sometimes its not fair! that car was older, dimmer brake lights, turned to merge, and stopped at a Very busy interection/highway turnaround thingy...

i was rollin in kinda quick, my fault, and judging from traffic was gonna merge in like butter as he was GONNA but didnt and split second is all it takes, AIRBAG! there was a cop that followed me after my small car meet i was at, a buddy of mine called me and gave me the heads up, but i was driving fine (first gas tank so was tryin for GOOD gas mileage, ohwell) i couldnt see him behind so figured i was fine and he left, but before onstar could respond the lights were on and wow so fast, first accident this bad for me, So Sad it was the vette shame shame

imma go see car right now, cant even sleep! will post pics in a couple hours... hope its totalled cuz its new, now its not so new
With your attitude, I'm pretty sure you got what you deserved.

Quick Reply: Im Ashamed and SCrewed