C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Stinggers Louder than Corsa touring and headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
nalto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Borla Stinggers Louder than Corsa touring and headers?

Living where I do we don't have many vettes and modified ones are even fewer. however, my neighbor has headers and corsa touring on a C5. I prefer the deeper borla sound and was wondering if anyone one can tell me if the setup he has is louder than borla stingers with stock cats and stock exhaust manifolds? I would rather hear the stingers in person but I could use his setup as a guage.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Stage IT
Pro

Well my freind has kooks and corsa touring and i have kooks and borlas both with no cats and mine was deffinitely louder
Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do belive that even with headers the Corsa Touring will be quieter then the only Borla Stingers. The Borla Stingers will give off a very bass sound which equates to the American Muscle Car sound. If you go to Youtube, search for Borla Sports or Stingers and you will hear some sound clips. But understand that to listen via speakers is different from hearing the exhaust in person.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
nalto
Racer

With stock setup and accelerating hard all I can hear is the engine intake pulses, no exhaust. Don't want interior bits vibrating. Anyone know first hand comparing Stock with over the axle borla stingers to corsa touring with headers?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Kooks headers, cats and x-pipe with a Borla Touring exhaust. I like the way it sounds. Nice and deep, but not too loud. I'm not sure how my setup compares to the Borla Stinger with stock headers, but it might help you compare it with your neighbor's setup.

Last edited by ZPirate; 11-03-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 AM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by nalto
With stock setup and accelerating hard all I can hear is the engine intake pulses, no exhaust. Don't want interior bits vibrating. Anyone know first hand comparing Stock with over the axle borla stingers to corsa touring with headers?
The Borla Stingers without headers or X-pipe will give off a drone around 1600 rpms. But if you want to hear your exhaust then you need to stay with the Stingers or Corsa Sports or Extreme. The Touring mufflers are really comparable to the stock mufflers in quietness.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:18 AM
sordfish
Intermediate

GM Performance Exhaust (Borla Stingers) - with stock cats and stock exhaust manifolds.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

Borla Stingers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGpU5Ls6iU

Oops, along with a cam, roller rockers, Kooks and no cats... Borla Stingers FTW
Old 11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

[IMG][/IMG] This Borla stingers with Borla mid/h pipe wich bolts directly into your factorty cats,hope this helps
Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default drive by

[IMG]URL=http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo291/cdhrestoration/?action=view&current=004.flv][/URL][/IMG]Here is Borla stinger drive by

Get notified of new replies

To Borla Stinggers Louder than Corsa touring and headers?

Quick Reply: Borla Stinggers Louder than Corsa touring and headers?