C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question NOT pic: C6 lowever 1 inch

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
NiborGnissom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question NOT pic: C6 lowever 1 inch

Hi guys: I met an incredibly cool tech dude who runs a wicked shop. He has done a very wonderful job on many Vettes and definitely c6s.
He is doing my Corsa Sport and xpipe install and saw my Insurance broker's c6 today there 1 inch lowered. One of the most incredible mods that I love, loweved!!! Now is my drivability in jeapordy?? With a 1 inch drop, am i going to hit/scrape/grind everything in my path, which will make me always anticipating and braking/slowing down, which does not make for a fun ride??? One stupid 1 inch drop looks way over the top cool, but the impact of loss of drivability may be worse.
comments my comrades??
Hollywood
Old 03-21-2009, 05:25 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,403 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Both my C5 Z06 and C6 are lowered on stock bolts.

If you do so, the only real worry is to get your 4 wheel alignment checked. I rarely scrape the air damn but you do need to be aware that you're lowered, especially when entering driveways, etc.

It sounds worse than it really is
Old 03-21-2009, 05:27 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by NiborGnissom
Hi guys: I met an incredibly cool tech dude who runs a wicked shop. He has done a very wonderful job on many Vettes and definitely c6s.
He is doing my Corsa Sport and xpipe install and saw my Insurance broker's c6 today there 1 inch lowered. One of the most incredible mods that I love, loweved!!! Now is my drivability in jeapordy?? With a 1 inch drop, am i going to hit/scrape/grind everything in my path, which will make me always anticipating and braking/slowing down, which does not make for a fun ride??? One stupid 1 inch drop looks way over the top cool, but the impact of loss of drivability may be worse.
comments my comrades??
Hollywood
In a word, yes. You will need to modify your driving habits or plan on replacing your front air damn multiple times and possibly more if the impact is severe enough multiple times. The front air damn starts with about 3.5 inches of clearance. You've now taken that down to 2.5 inches and the suspension will settle after about a hundred miles so as low as it is now, it still will drop a tiny bit more. Parking lots entry, speed bumps, driveways, dips will all take on new meaning.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Don't forget to get a new alignment.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Rochester
Don't forget to get a new alignment.
And rocker protection rails are also good piece of mind.

Get notified of new replies

To Question NOT pic: C6 lowever 1 inch

Quick Reply: Question NOT pic: C6 lowever 1 inch