C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 C6 engine blew - GM final Decision

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:29 AM
garytucker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gatti-man
I know GM says that but legally owners have rights to a warranty. First example Nissan got sued over their launch control and lost. It only takes someone with the will/desire and facts to back up the argument.

Trust me sooner or later GM will be sued and lose this fight. You can't void someone brake warranty for painting the brakes etc.
WHOA there! Launch control is FACTORY installed item from Nissan...correct? What we are talking about is some "tuner" changing GM parameters and then the owner expecting GM to still warranty the powertrain of said "tuned" vehicle.

How on earth do you plan to sue a manufacturer for denying warranty on a non-manufacturer spec'd item?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by garytucker
WHOA there! Launch control is FACTORY installed item from Nissan...correct? What we are talking about is some "tuner" changing GM parameters and then the owner expecting GM to still warranty the powertrain of said "tuned" vehicle.

How on earth do you plan to sue a manufacturer for denying warranty on a non-manufacturer spec'd item?
Save yer breath, gatti is on a mission and his ears are closed for business.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 AM
garytucker
Racer

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
Modify anything else you bought new and see if the manufacturer will stand behind it.lets all get some common sense back into our society,PLEASE!
AMEN!!!

Gee, I want my toaster to toast bread faster...maybe if I put a 220v cord on it...

Now my house burns down...must have been a defective toaster, I guess Hamilton Beach better buy me a new house!!!

I see this lack of common sense in quite a few of my students these days...Gee professor, I didn't come to class for 6 weeks, can I still pass the class? Can I have some extra credit because I didn't study for that last exam?

We are so lacking in common sense AND good sense these days. We'd rather just sue someone versus taking responsibility for our actions. Can we say McDonald's coffee?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 AM
glacierbay2
Racer

Caveat emptor, eh?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
garytucker
Racer

Originally Posted by glacierbay2
Caveat emptor, eh?
Exactly.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:18 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vettedoogie

Originally Posted by garytucker
AMEN!!!

Gee, I want my toaster to toast bread faster...maybe if I put a 220v cord on it...

Now my house burns down...must have been a defective toaster, I guess Hamilton Beach better buy me a new house!!!

I see this lack of common sense in quite a few of my students these days...Gee professor, I didn't come to class for 6 weeks, can I still pass the class? Can I have some extra credit because I didn't study for that last exam?

We are so lacking in common sense AND good sense these days. We'd rather just sue someone versus taking responsibility for our actions. Can we say McDonald's coffee?

Yes, Hamilton Beach should buy me a new house because they have to prove that my 220 volt cord plugged into a 220 volt outlet, caused the toaster to fail and catch fire burning my house down.

My contention, is that their toaster was faulty from the very beginning, since my neighbors on either side of me, had their "bone stock" toasters fail, just toasting the bread in it's factory designed manner.

They "under engineered" that toaster......it is "FLAWED"......it ought to be able to take 220 volts of electricity if it can take 110 volts. They should have built some margin into it. Just altering the cord and plugging it into a 220 volt outlet should not have cause it to fail and cost me all of this money. Someone else should pay.

Besides, how can 220 volts cause a toaster to burn a house down? My last electric dryer runs off 220 volts, my furnace and my air conditioning unit, and I have never had a day's trouble from any of them.

You tell me how 220 volts ought to cause a toaster to burn a house down, unless the toaster was FLAWED anyway.

So you're damned right they owe me a new house. Either them, or my insurance company, but I don't think I should have to pay $#!*.

According to Magnusson Moss, I ought to be able to modify my toaster, to where it will roast a damn pig, if I want it to, and not have to worry about any issues from Hamilton Beach which occur in behind that.

I wish they would give me a hassle, about modding my toaster to where it would roast a pig, and had my house burned down following my modding it. I'd sue the pants off Hamilton Beach.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 10-15-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vettedoogie

Tom
Old 10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Rod
What I don't understand is why you bought from this dealer.

In July of 2009 they needed you a lot more than you needed them. They were sitting on a very stale car. Their tongues were hanging out thinking you were going to take that white elephant off their hands.

They as much as told you that they will do everything they can to deny you warranty service by putting your car under a microscope every time you bring it in. How much warning can they give!

You should have told them that since they did not reveal these limitations during your sales experience that you would have to reconsider your decision.

And then I would cancel the sale and look for a friendlier dealer.

I think if my dealer had taken an attitude like that I would be driving a different car today.
Or I would make sure to never take the car to that dealer for service.

Quick Reply: 07 C6 engine blew - GM final Decision