C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPRINT BOOSTER- Improve Trottle Response

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 284 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default SPRINT BOOSTER- Improve Trottle Response

Help Eliminate Trottle Response Lag

You have probably noticed your C6 Corvette's throttle response is much less than instant. You know, you mash the pedal and the car does not react as quick as you would like. This is due to the late model Corvette utilizing an electronic throttle control system, also known as drive by wire. Things like pedal sensitivity, stability control and traction control systems all factor into the final throttle signal to the ECU (engine control unit). ECU communication with these various systems creates a noticeable lag or delay in throttle response when it's go time.

Sprint Booster Power Converter is an aftermarket electronic module that plugs in between the accelerator pedal and the engine control unit (ECU) of your 2006-2010 C6 Corvette. Sprint Booster greatly improves acceleration and off the line performance by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal, providing the ECM with a new and altered signal. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel.

Sprint Booster has been awarded the coveted 2009 SEMA Show “Best New Performance Street Product,” for 2009. Chosen over 1228 other entries.

Sprint Booster modules are available for automatic or manual transmission equipped 2006-2010 C6, C6 Z06 & Zr1 model Corvettes.

This is the new 2nd generation Modules which includes an on off switch.

$329 Free S&H
Click here to purchase Online http://store.tkoperformance.com/sppoboimthre.html

When ordering online a Ship charge will pop up However just write "Corvette Forum Member" in the Comments field for no Shipping Handling.
We manually take care of it.

OR Call in your order! 1800 778 9898 Thank you

Allow 1 week to ship out.

Serving The Corvette Forum For 23 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633

Last edited by TKO Performance; 01-28-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO Performance

Help Eliminate Trottle Response Lag

You have probably noticed your C6 Corvette's throttle response is much less than instant. You know, you mash the pedal and the car does not react as quick as you would like. This is due to the late model Corvette utilizing an electronic throttle control system, also known as drive by wire. Things like pedal sensitivity, stability control and traction control systems all factor into the final throttle signal to the ECU (engine control unit). ECU communication with these various systems creates a noticeable lag or delay in throttle response when it's go time.

Sprint Booster Power Converter is an aftermarket electronic module that plugs in between the accelerator pedal and the engine control unit (ECU) of your 2006-2010 C6 Corvette. Sprint Booster greatly improves acceleration and off the line performance by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal, providing the ECM with a new and altered signal. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel.

Sprint Booster modules are available for automatic or manual transmission equipped 2006-2010 C6, C6 Z06 & Zr1 model Corvettes.

This is the new 2nd generation Modules which includes an on off switch.

$329 Free S&H
Click here to purchase Online http://store.tkoperformance.com/sppoboimthre.html

When ordering online a Ship charge will pop up However just write "Corvette Forum Member" in the Comments field for no Shipping Handling.
We manually take care of it.

OR Call in your order! 1800 778 9898 Thank you

Allow 1 week to ship out.
Interesting. Does this cause any problems with any of the other electronic systems the Corvette has ??? How hard is it to install ???

Seems like a neat idea but I'm just a little hesitant messing with my throttle control. Don't need any unintended acceleration like in the Toyota's just recalled.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GTJim
Interesting. Does this cause any problems with any of the other electronic systems the Corvette has ??? How hard is it to install ???

Seems like a neat idea but I'm just a little hesitant messing with my throttle control. Don't need any unintended acceleration like in the Toyota's just recalled.
This won the 2009 SEMA product of the year I believe. It does not affect any other systems on your vehicle so no worries regarding the "Toyota" concerns lately. Plug it in and enjoy the instant response. Have seen this in use for close to 2 years (BMW) and no issues.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Yeah i had this on my M3, next to already sport button that M had. It made huge diference.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
bobbya55
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sprint booster

what about the 2005 z51 ?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats pretty pricey!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Cdn Z06 Mike
This won the 2009 SEMA product of the year I believe. It does not affect any other systems on your vehicle so no worries regarding the "Toyota" concerns lately. Plug it in and enjoy the instant response. Have seen this in use for close to 2 years (BMW) and no issues.
You beat me too it
Yea its a pretty nifty little mod. I have heard nothing but good things about it too.
Its a simple install. Most who try it (when demo'd at a shop) tell the salesman, leave it in I'll take it!

Originally Posted by Dado5
Yeah i had this on my M3, next to already sport button that M had. It made huge diference.

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
thats pretty pricey!
The price of modern technology. The Manufacture is strict that its sold for msrp ($329.00) by the distributors. So we did no S&H.

Originally Posted by bobbya55
what about the 2005 z51 ?
Yes the lit states 2006 and up. I have already inquired about that. I'm waiting for a reply.

Thank you
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
///DarkSide\\\
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

So it sends the throttle signal faster to the TB? Then tells the TB to open faster?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
AtHomeSoda
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default So...

I don't suppose it would make the throttle SNAP like on my 72 C3 with a carburator? Now that would be cool.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
knkali
Melting Slicks

can you post install directions?
what is your return policy?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
check6x
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I have a Predator for my car but have not installed a tune yet. Do I need this booster on top of the Predator?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 PM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 PM
knkali
Melting Slicks

I think this is a signal multiplier. So 1/4 throttle feels like 1/2 throttle ect. Interesting and like Wolfdogs said it is pricey
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 837 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by check6x
I have a Predator for my car but have not installed a tune yet. Do I need this booster on top of the Predator?
I had a Predator tune on my 2005 C6, and the increased throttle response was one of the things I liked the best about it - it was like my short-throw shifter in that I noticed them both every time I drove the car, even if it wasn't real spirited driving.

My Z06 was tuned with LS2Edit, and the throttle response was a lot better than stock also.

I think a PCM tune changes the throttle tip-in by adding fuel earlier/quicker when the throttle comes on. This unit doesn't do that - it sounds like it just simply changes the voltage sent by the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) sensor to the throttle, which makes the throttle blade react quicker to the pedal. So....it doesn't do anything through the PCM.

With all the talk about tunes voiding the warranty I'm not sure I want to tune my new car (at least not yet), so I'm thinking about this unit to get better throttle response.

Bob
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I had a Predator tune on my 2005 C6, and the increased throttle response was one of the things I liked the best about it - it was like my short-throw shifter in that I noticed them both every time I drove the car, even if it wasn't real spirited driving.

My Z06 was tuned with LS2Edit, and the throttle response was a lot better than stock also.

I think a PCM tune changes the throttle tip-in by adding fuel earlier/quicker when the throttle comes on. This unit doesn't do that - it sounds like it just simply changes the voltage sent by the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) sensor to the throttle, which makes the throttle blade react quicker to the pedal. So....it doesn't do anything through the PCM.

With all the talk about tunes voiding the warranty I'm not sure I want to tune my new car (at least not yet), so I'm thinking about this unit to get better throttle response.

Bob
Exactly, my Z is already fast enough for me. I would like better throttle response and this seems a good way to do it without voiding my warranty.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:21 AM
xlr8rvette
Drifting

Location: Fayetteville Arkansas recently moved from Oakland Ca
Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

My throttle responce is VERY quick !
Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 AM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
thats pretty pricey!
Originally Posted by knkali
I think this is a signal multiplier. So 1/4 throttle feels like 1/2 throttle ect.
Originally Posted by xlr8rvette
My throttle responce is VERY quick !

So you would be at WOT by say 1/2 peddle travel? You really don't "get" anything more, just loose throttle control and feel. How would this be different than wearing three pairs of socks and work boots and just jamming away at the throttle?

Get notified of new replies

To SPRINT BOOSTER- Improve Trottle Response

Old 01-28-2010, 03:56 AM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EDinPA
So you would be at WOT by say 1/2 peddle travel? You really don't "get" anything more, just loose throttle control and feel. How would this be different than wearing three pairs of socks and work boots and just jamming away at the throttle?

If electricity travels at the speed of light, then how does this device get the pedal position to the ECU faster?

Last edited by brettbolt; 01-28-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Dado5
I did not use it much on my M3. For me it was to responsive for around town. I guess though that one could get used to it but I did not give it much of a try. It really did speed throttle response up a lot. Humm for me it is a tough call with the Tq of the LS3.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Boomer111
I did not use it much on my M3. For me it was to responsive for around town. I guess though that one could get used to it but I did not give it much of a try. It really did speed throttle response up a lot. Humm for me it is a tough call with the Tq of the LS3.
It now has a valet switch which allows you to turn it on/off.

Originally Posted by brettbolt

If electricity travels at the speed of light, then how does this device get the pedal position to the ECU faster?
I does not make electricity/electrons flow faster it helps eliminate the delay by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal for much quicker response.

Its a nifty lil mod. Sprint Booster was awarded the coveted “Best New Performance Street Product,” At SEMA for 2009. Chosen over 1228 other entries.
Not to shabby...

Ed

Last edited by TKO Performance; 01-28-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: SPRINT BOOSTER- Improve Trottle Response