C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience with Porsche -- Corvette Related

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
RussellZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ontheroad
When you ARE a competent sales professional, you can identify one very easily, AND you are turned off by quickly by the ones who are lacking.
I have no tolerance for incompetence or stupidity. Ignorance is fine as long as someone is willing to learn.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
TLK
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

There's a lot of variation. In a lot of places, BMW and Porsche places are plenty happy to throw you the keys and go drive.

For those that are going trash mouth on the non-Corvette dealers keep in mind that plenty of Chevy dealers won't give you a test drive in a Corvette (in both of mine, I was limited to 10 miles, 50 mph, no freeway) so the main point here is that car dealers as a whole have a lot of bad apples among them.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:58 AM
WstSdRdr
Advanced

Originally Posted by RussellZ
I know which dealer you went to. I grew up in Newport on Balboa Blvd. and I've also gotten horrible service from them (27 years ago). I was with my father and he ended up going next door to Newport Imports. We waived and laughed at the Porsche salesmen as we drove home in my fathers' new Ferrari. I guess thing haven't changed in almost 3 decades.
Yep, that's the dealer. Ferrari finally opened a dealership down the street. Before that you would have to drive all the way down 19th to Ferrari/Maserati in Costa Mesa. Anyhow, the smaller PCH dealers always seem pretty good about customer service. Any good dealers up in SaMo? I'm up at USC for classes every week and wouldn't mind checking out some good dealerships
Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 AM
RussellZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WstSdRdr
Yep, that's the dealer. Ferrari finally opened a dealership down the street. Before that you would have to drive all the way down 19th to Ferrari/Maserati in Costa Mesa. Anyhow, the smaller PCH dealers always seem pretty good about customer service. Any good dealers up in SaMo? I'm up at USC for classes every week and wouldn't mind checking out some good dealerships
I've never been to the Santa Monica dealership but my father has gotten good service from them on is Corvette. I purchased mine in Burbank and I have done all of my own maintenance and repairs. My car has not seen a dealership since I drove it off the lot.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
CV-4606
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Braman Motors?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,364 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by chazc6
Why didn't you report them to there manager? or request to speak to the president of the dealership. There probably not be aware of the kind of a$$ holes working for them.
My experience is that a good company of any kind, doesn't normally need my help to identify a problem because they're on top of it already.

A bad company won't figure it out even if I tell them.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Porsche -- Corvette Related