C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why put the better sounds in the 1lt

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 AM
bass mechanic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i noticed this as well while driving a base vette verses Z06 however i ditched the stock HU in my Z and am running a kenwood DNX 9140 whuch has a 14 band EQ for front and rear.
i adjusted the bass and treble up and the mids down and now the stock bose sounds way better than the base system and i now have bluetooth, rear back up camera, a nav system that is actually useful, and voice control over the entire system!
oh i forgot 7.1 surround sound, plays dvd movies, time alignment settings.
and i am using the stock bose amp and speakers. night and day difference!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Bill Suttie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told by an owner of an automotive sound system business who owns a Vette 2Lt that the base system is Pioneer. For my tin ear, my base system C6 out performs the Bose system in my last Vette.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
PnC KING
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sxeC6
Now, if they would only make HUD a seperate option, I'd love a bare bones GS Vert.
I have a 1LT GS coupe. I wanted the HUD but you have to buy the 3LT to get it. Not worth all that extra money. I bought the car for performance, I mean...it is a Vette!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My 09 1LT base system sounds even better with a partition:
http://www.exoticvette.com/C6%20partition.htm

Great combo with a cargo shade.

BTW, you can add HUD to your 1LT for ~$400 parts + labor. I just finished my install today. Works great. But I feel kinda silly. More snow forecast for tonight... so as soon as I was done, put 'er back to sleep until Spring.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
My 09 1LT base system sounds even better with a partition:
http://www.exoticvette.com/C6%20partition.htm

Great combo with a cargo shade.
How is the partition secured and will the factory shade work? Thanks
Old 02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

add a sub,,, you will be lovin your life
Old 02-26-2010, 12:54 AM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The base and Bose systems have about equal bass but the Bose (non-nav) does have better sound quality. I have compared both side by side using the same exact CD.

James
Old 02-26-2010, 10:36 AM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bosco 08
How is the partition secured and will the factory shade work? Thanks
It just sits there. Size & positioning hold it in place. No drilling, no fasteners. Just pull it out if you need space for long/bulky cargo.

I've had no problems -- no squeaks, no rattles, no shifting around. And haven't heard of any issues. Works perfectly with the factory cargo shade.

Do a search, lots of partition threads, like this: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...partition.html
Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
It just sits there. Size & positioning hold it in place. No drilling, no fasteners. Just pull it out if you need space for long/bulky cargo.

I've had no problems -- no squeaks, no rattles, no shifting around. And haven't heard of any issues. Works perfectly with the factory cargo shade.

Do a search, lots of partition threads, like this: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...partition.html
Thanks
Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
JERGENSEN LS3
Melting Slicks

Location: New Jersey - National Corvette Museum Member '08, '09, '10, '11, '12
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not hear a difference between the base and the Bose systems.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
RoadVettes
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by laconiajack
There are a number of ways to save money and future expenses when ordering a Vette: (1) get the standard radio, it sounds better than the more extra cost Bose system, (2) get the standard transmission rather than pay for an automatic transmission; you will get better gas mileage, become a driver rather than a passenger behind the wheel, and get better trade-in or resale dollars, (3) specify a red exterior and get better trade-in or resale dollars, and (4) recognize that unless you intend to partake in competitive events that the extra cost of a G/S, Z06 or ZR1 doesn't stop at the higher purchase price; if you use these cars as daily drivers and put on normal rather than "garage queen" mileage, you will spend hundreds of dollars more per year on tire replacement costs, and also enjoy poorer gas mileage with the Z06 and ZR1. But hey, if you have unlimited money to spend, such things should not concern you!

I must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before getting my Vette, because that's exactly my car that you described on all 4 points .

Charlie
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Having the Bose system in my 09 3LT makes me feel like I got ripped off by GM.
Shame on them for putting such crap in this car.
I took out the 5.25" rear speakers, and replaced them with mediocre JBL's that I had on hand. Made quite the difference...
The 5.25" Bose paper speakers in the rear reminded me of the non-doped paper speaker you get in a $15 clock radio. They probably cost less than a dollar each. When the car is off warranty, I'll rip out everything Bose and put in a quality head unit and good speakers.
(No highs? No lows? It must be Bose!)
Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
geo2000
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 112 Posts

The Bose system in my Avalanche sounds good, the base system in my 09 1LT Z51 Vert sounds as good, maybe better
Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JERGENSENLS3
I do not hear a difference between the base and the Bose systems.
Time for a trip to the audiologist.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by laconiajack
There are a number of ways to save money and future expenses when ordering a Vette: (1) get the standard radio, it sounds better than the more extra cost Bose system, (2) get the standard transmission rather than pay for an automatic transmission; you will get better gas mileage, become a driver rather than a passenger behind the wheel, and get better trade-in or resale dollars, (3) specify a red exterior and get better trade-in or resale dollars, and (4) recognize that unless you intend to partake in competitive events that the extra cost of a G/S, Z06 or ZR1 doesn't stop at the higher purchase price; if you use these cars as daily drivers and put on normal rather than "garage queen" mileage, you will spend hundreds of dollars more per year on tire replacement costs, and also enjoy poorer gas mileage with the Z06 and ZR1. But hey, if you have unlimited money to spend, such things should not concern you!

Originally Posted by RoadVettes
I must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before getting my Vette, because that's exactly my car that you described on all 4 points .

Charlie

Mee too, I bought a 2008, Victory Red, 1LT, Z51, NPP, QX1, coupe in 1/08. When it comes to point #4 today though, if I were to be buying a 2010, the GS is the replacement for the Z51, so I would be buying a Torch Red, 1LT, MN6, NPP, PYD coupe.

Quick Reply: Why put the better sounds in the 1lt