C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why put the better sounds in the 1lt

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Default Why put the better sounds in the 1lt

I have a 2008 C-6 1lt and a 2008 ZO6 2lz with the Bose..

The 1lt stereo has more punch better bass better sound all the way
around than the blose system.
Not even close!
Update after more time in the Z. I'm changing my mind and eating crow.
I like the Nav Bose and it does better than the base stereo!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 02-26-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. The base stereo is way better than the Blose. You don't need 1LT to get it though.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:14 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

My leftover, purchased new 07 has nav,only reason I have nav.Would have preferred the better sound of my 06's 6 disc no nav unit.Way better fidelity.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Sammons
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08

Not even close!
Been wondering about the comparison... I've got a 2008 1lt Z06 and the stock system really does sound good. I'm comparing it to the Bose system I had in my C5 Z06 not having heard the C6 Bose.

Here I was thinking the C6 Bose system must really sound good if the stock system rocks the way it does, in fact friends that have been in the car are pretty amazed at how loud and clear the system cranks and bass thumps.

It would be interesting to hear more about any comparisons....
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08

Not even close!
This is kind of common knowledge at some dealerships too. The 1LT seats are more roomy, and comfortable also.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:30 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a number of ways to save money and future expenses when ordering a Vette: (1) get the standard radio, it sounds better than the more extra cost Bose system, (2) get the standard transmission rather than pay for an automatic transmission; you will get better gas mileage, become a driver rather than a passenger behind the wheel, and get better trade-in or resale dollars, (3) specify a red exterior and get better trade-in or resale dollars, and (4) recognize that unless you intend to partake in competitive events that the extra cost of a G/S, Z06 or ZR1 doesn't stop at the higher purchase price; if you use these cars as daily drivers and put on normal rather than "garage queen" mileage, you will spend hundreds of dollars more per year on tire replacement costs, and also enjoy poorer gas mileage with the Z06 and ZR1. But hey, if you have unlimited money to spend, such things should not concern you!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the radio in the 1lt package a Delco radio?
Anybody take there C6 back to the dealer to
have the crappy Bose system switched out for
the base radio?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
3L337 C6
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

This is funny - I have an 08 1lt and thought the tunes were awesome too. I was in the camp that the bose system must be killer. As for the seats, yeah, mine are great same with my suspension.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:32 PM
One Bad Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laconiajack
There are a number of ways to save money and future expenses when ordering a Vette: (1) get the standard radio, it sounds better than the more extra cost Bose system, (2) get the standard transmission rather than pay for an automatic transmission; you will get better gas mileage, become a driver rather than a passenger behind the wheel, and get better trade-in or resale dollars, (3) specify a red exterior and get better trade-in or resale dollars, and (4) recognize that unless you intend to partake in competitive events that the extra cost of a G/S, Z06 or ZR1 doesn't stop at the higher purchase price; if you use these cars as daily drivers and put on normal rather than "garage queen" mileage, you will spend hundreds of dollars more per year on tire replacement costs, and also enjoy poorer gas mileage with the Z06 and ZR1. But hey, if you have unlimited money to spend, such things should not concern you!
Couldnt have said it better myself sir! Except black is better
Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Stormcrowe
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the speakers the same? What exactly is difference?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who can figure why GM is even associated with Bose product's, other than it's a highly marketed company in the public eye with lot's of advertising dollar's. I've alway's been into high end home audio system's, and nobody in these circle's would ever consider anything Bose. Bose does what they do, but really not much in the way of decent audio. If you believe a high profit table radio sound's better than a full sized set up, then you might be interested in some desert property. GM's got other's such as Monsoon and Harmon Kardon, why stick it to us Vette' guy's. My car's the base model, mostly because of the audio.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 AM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
Who can figure why GM is even associated with Bose product's, other than it's a highly marketed company in the public eye with lot's of advertising dollar's. I've alway's been into high end home audio system's, and nobody in these circle's would ever consider anything Bose. Bose does what they do, but really not much in the way of decent audio. If you believe a high profit table radio sound's better than a full sized set up, then you might be interested in some desert property. GM's got other's such as Monsoon and Harmon Kardon, why stick it to us Vette' guy's. My car's the base model, mostly because of the audio.
I bought the 1LT because of the seats, I had heard that the base radio was better, but really didn't give it much thought. I never would buy a Bose Wave radio, but I did get one as a gift a couple of years ago, and for a table radio, it really does kick azz.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:39 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My base LT2 with whatever radio came with it sounds fine to me. btw what's the difference in all the LT seat configurations?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:43 AM
1hotc6
Instructor

thats why I put new MB door speakers in with 2500 watts running 2 12's in the back. Now that thumps!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:53 AM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bosco 08
My base LT2 with whatever radio came with it sounds fine to me. btw what's the difference in all the LT seat configurations?
There are two seats available in a C6 up till '09, 1LT, and the sport seats that come, with side airbags, and power passenger seat in the 2, 3, 4LT. The adjustible bolsters, at their widest position, are too narrow, and take away from the width of the back of the seat. Now that the seat airbags are standard for 2010, I don't know what the 1LT seats are like now. Your radio is the good one in a 2LT.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
There are two seats available in a C6 up till '09, 1LT, and the sport seats that come, with side airbags, and power passenger seat in the 2, 3, 4LT. The adjustible bolsters, at their widest position, are too narrow, and take away from the width of the back of the seat. Now that the seat airbags are standard for 2010, I don't know what the 1LT seats are like now. Your radio is the good one in a 2LT.
Thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 229 Likes on 188 Posts

My first Corvette was an '85 with a Bose. If you opened both doors it didn't sound too bad but close the doors and roll up the windows and it sounded like a cheap transistor radio. Not much has changed in the past 25 years. I can only assume that Bose and GM both understand profit margin and marketing. Bose has a reputation and people will pay a lot more for the name.

Get notified of new replies

To Why put the better sounds in the 1lt

Old 02-25-2010, 09:42 AM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just popped in a high quality MP3 CD I made in my 06 Z06 Bose NO NAV and the stereo sounds absolutely unbelievable!!!! I just bought the car a few days ago so havent messed with the radio much, but holy cow! My other car is a 07 Acura TL Type S with the ELS DVD audio so its not like I dont know what sounds good.
I was able to turn it up to ear piercing levels with no signs of distortion and perfect clarity and the bass was just pounding.
All I can say is im very impressed!!!!

James
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Now, if they would only make HUD a seperate option, I'd love a bare bones GS Vert.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
biskitman
Racer

I have an 08 2LT with the base stereo system and it thumps with tight, clear, bass and great highs. If you ever look at the front 10 inch subs in the front doors, they are actually paper cones with foam surrounds holding the cones! Eventually these will dry out buy I will buy new instead of ever thinking of the bose system. The lower end system in the Vette truly is stereo and good imaging and fidelity. The Bose system changes the signal passing through individual amps in each speaker. Pick the lower end system! Too bad you cant get this with the nav package etc.

Quick Reply: Why put the better sounds in the 1lt