C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tyring to cancel XM,.. Front Plate,... looking for suggestions on either / both

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Race11
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tyring to cancel XM,.. Front Plate,... looking for suggestions on either / both

Trying to cancel XM radio, and we can't get XM to pick up the phone. We have been put on hold for hours for several different days now. Anyone have a good idea how to get them to pick up?

Getting concerned with all the talk that about authorities cracking down on front plates missing on the car. Do they make a frame that you don't have to do any drilling? Would prefer one that matches the paint (black). Where would you find one?

Any suggestions on either one of these topics will be appreciated?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

For the front plate options check out Top Flight Reproductions they have the best looking choices. As for XM radio no help there.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by dvilin
For the front plate options check out Top Flight Reproductions they have the best looking choices. As for XM radio no help there.

stop paying the XM monthly bill and you are sure to get a call. Seems like only time companies want to hear from you is when your late on a payment
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Race11
Trying to cancel XM radio, and we can't get XM to pick up the phone. We have been put on hold for hours for several different days now. Anyone have a good idea how to get them to pick up?

Getting concerned with all the talk that about authorities cracking down on front plates missing on the car. Do they make a frame that you don't have to do any drilling? Would prefer one that matches the paint (black). Where would you find one?

Stop paying. Block payments to them on your credit card. Make it their problem.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:05 AM
C6~Missle
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They owed me a refund after I canceled.. They wouldn't pay and I could never get anyone on the phone to help.. Contacted the BBB. After that someone from XM called me and posted a refund to my CC.
I will never deal with them again.. They totally suck..
Old 06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
bearman95
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a top flight permanent bracket with a gm colored frame on front and gm colored frame on the back, it actually gave the car more character on the front. I think i have pics in my garage. Never had problems with xm.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:32 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6~Missle
They owed me a refund after I canceled.. They wouldn't pay and I could never get anyone on the phone to help.. Contacted the BBB. After that someone from XM called me and posted a refund to my CC.
I will never deal with them again.. They totally suck..
They have some customer service issues...no secrets there. They will bill you....send an invoice and you pay it.

I deal with XM like most all other companies...I stay in charge of the money I pay. I keep XM/Sirius in all of our cars because I like the product, and for me there is an easy way to avoid the billing issues.

But that's just me.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

One idea for XM:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-for-good.html

Top Flight Front License Brackets: (get the removable one)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1574372319-post974.html
Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

If you have C6 coupe/vert they sell (West Coast Corvette) a frame that is removeable. No drilling required. I highly reccomend it. I used it on my '09 Z51 Roadster. Does not work with Z06 or ZR1 however.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

"...Trying to cancel XM radio, and we can't get XM to pick up the phone. We have been put on hold for hours for several different days now. Anyone have a good idea how to get them to pick up?"

Possibly...start-off like you're ordering new service and then ask to be transferred. If they initially think you're signing-on for new service they'll want to talk to you.

Good luck!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Race11
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We have turned the credit card company lose on XM since they wont speak to us. Sounds like XM is a racket. Too bad, I've enjoyed some of their stations.

As for the front plate, this is exactly what I was looking for. I live in Texas and have had my 09 coupe for two years, and have had no problems. But all the talk has me concerned. What is your opinion on caving in and getting one at this time?

Also, noticed that an adhesive is used for the install. Has anyone had problem with the adhesive coming lose?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
SlideRulz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to cancel my XM radio, we have it in 2 vehicles. It was $27 per month, now they gave me a deal not to cancel, $50 for both vehicles for 5 months. I did that

As far as the front plate, mine is electric so if I get pulled over I can hit the switch and the plate comes up, otherwise it stays tucked under the front.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khzkAgs5GVY

Picked up mine at Corvettes of Dallas

Last edited by SlideRulz; 06-13-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Also, noticed that an adhesive is used for the install. Has anyone had problem with the adhesive coming lose?
No.

When installing the bracket, be very, very, very careful, take your time, do a lot of test fitting, aligning and make sure you understand and know exactly where the bracket has to be placed because, the instant you remove the backing from the sticky tape and it touches the underside of the bumper, that's it, it's placed, there is no moving or adjusting. I doubt there is any way to remove it short of an air chisel.......okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but it is incredibly strong sticky tape.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

I called XM's Activation Dept at 1-800-967-2346 a few weeks ago and cancelled. Mine was shut off last night. I hope they don't have your credit card #. Heard a few stories about that problem.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like XM is a racket.
It is a racket with horrible customer service. I canceled and then had to cancel again after they sent me more bills. I liked the product but they lost me as a customer due to crappy customer service.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It amazes me why so many still fall for the XM trap with all the negative accounts posted here at CF. After all, all you need is a smart phone and there are dozens of *free* stream services available that have better quality, less hassles & no deceptive billing practices because they're FREE!

For those with older vettes without bluetooth capabilities, you can very easily install a wired connection offered by CF member Ray Kawal (website.)

Old 06-13-2010, 08:50 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Mine ends sometime next year. I plan on sending them a letter also besides a phone call. If you fail to pay them they will send a collection agency after you.

I used my discovercard to pay for my XM service when I bought my Yukon Denali XL last Sept. Earlier this year someone tried to use my Discovercard to buy a ticket on Delta. (Delta and Discover did catch him). Two days later the man with the same name was arrested for fondling a minor girl on another Delta flight. The name is very unique so I guess what comes around goes around. XM can try to use my credit card but it won't work now.

Actually I already had service for the time period but I had to pay an extra charge since the car I traded in was my "main" radio. They said they must pick your next oldest car. I tried XM traffic and it has always been wrong. Just last night it didn't tell me where the traffic was and where they warned me like crazy I was almost the only car on the 4 lane highway.

I'm going to buy Kawal's item later on this year when I figure out how to stream music and crap. How many songs is around 12GB anyway (I have a 16GB card on my HD2)?

Get notified of new replies

To Tyring to cancel XM,.. Front Plate,... looking for suggestions on either / both

Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bearman95
I put a top flight permanent bracket with a gm colored frame on front and gm colored frame on the back, it actually gave the car more character on the front....
That's my setup also. If you must run a front plate, this is the only acceptable solution (actually I think it looks good out front).

...Also, noticed that an adhesive is used for the install. Has anyone had problem with the adhesive coming lose?
Well mine has been on for 3 years...still there
If you clean the area where the adhesive goes very well and then go over the area with some alcohol (I think they give you an alcohol wipe in the kit), you will have any issues.

Last edited by LMB-C6; 06-13-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
hot1
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Best way and the required by XM is a cancel subscription in writing by mail.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Slogo
Racer

I took a promotional offer from XM, ( they called me 3 times)with 2 months to cancel at NO CHARGE.1st bill they added royalty fees and a service charge for paper billing with no notice of 2 mnths free.I have cancelled twice by phone( after one weeks use) and still keep getting billed. Thanks from learning on this forum to not give them CC #. I would NEVER use them again!

Quick Reply: Tyring to cancel XM,.. Front Plate,... looking for suggestions on either / both