C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[UPDATED w/reply from vendor] Vender refuses to refund me my money

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Default [UPDATED w/reply from vendor] Vender refuses to refund me my money

Redlines leather goods has messed up my order twice and sent me the wrong console cover for the second time. I have waited a month and still have no console cover. Now they want me to send back the console cover so they can make another one to send to me. I have asked for a refund several times and I will still be out the shipping cost to send back the two incorrect items. Also, they will not call me and they do not have phone communication. Buyers beware
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,579 Likes on 1,619 Posts

maybe time to discuss with your CC company, Kevin...
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by johnodrake
maybe time to discuss with your CC company, Kevin...
Time to dispute this through the CC
Old 07-05-2010, 10:12 AM
beerbarrel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the heads up...
Old 07-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Epic_C6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to post up your communications with Redline Leather Goods in order for us to see their response. I have heard of many people satisfied with this vendor. I know a few quick words can hurt a reputation. With some PMs or Emails sent back and forth between you two where they declined to refund your money after admitting they messed up your order it may show other forum members they would not cooperate with your requests.

This is in no way a bash on you and I thank you for making people aware of the bad customer service you received.

Good Luck with getting your money refunded.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:29 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I agree with Epic also. Why don't you post up your description to them of what you wanted, then post the pics of what you received, then their communication to you after that.
Did you also contact a mod to try and mediate this? Since Redline is a forum sponsor, see what the Mods can help out with.
Good luck with this,,
David
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

Unresolved disputes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.

Occasionally, members fail to recognize the importance of exhausting all efforts to settle an unresolved dispute, issue, or concern offline.

Such action can seriously damage the reputation of the business, the owner, their employees, or another member.

Members need to realize that when they create a thread, even if the information is factual, if they have not given the business/owner/member the opportunity to make things right, hundreds of members will still read the thread and walk away thinking less of the business and member, and could hinder future purchases.

Therefore, it is imperative that members contact the business/member via phone, e-mail, or PM to attempt to settle an issue or concern offline and afford them the opportunity to make things right or to clarify what may have gone wrong
Old 07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow...they send you the wrong part (twice) and expect you to eat the shipping cost...that's ate up! I've never sought recourse through a credit card issuer but I'd look into it. I think at this point you're entitled to a refund. I'm not familiar with them but I just looked at their website...I see the phone number listed is an automated system that goes to their email. I did see a "live online support" link...have you tried that? Good luck.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 AM
lilitaly11
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sent the wrong console cover and then the correct one came the next time. In the box they included a pre paid return postage label. Mistakes happen, multiple mistakes are careless.

Good Luck.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

When the wrong part is shipped the vendor usually sends a prepaid return sticker with the replacement part. I have always found forum vendors to be very reasonable and accommodating.

My mother always told me that you can catch more flies with honey than salt.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up and good luck.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

You had me wondering, but just got a Black/Tan console cover, ebrake boot, and shifter boot and they look really good. The tan color is so much richer than the Cashmere, it is going to look really good.
I also agree that maybe something is being overlooked here as it seems they do try and look after their mistakes, maybe you are one of those cases that just fell through the cracks. I have been on this forum a long time and I have seen bad posts on pretty much EVERY vendor. I laugh at all the posters who here this ONE story and will never use the vendor. Their loss!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:03 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I bought from them and was really impressed with the quality and service. Mine stuff came direct from Poland, yes the country, and came in about two weeks.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
hokieZ
Pro

Received 209 Likes on 112 Posts

The least they can do is send you the correct console cover with a pre-paid return postage label for the other covers, and if they don't receive the wrong ones in ~30 days, then charge you for the new console cover.

Mistakes happen, but admitting and fixing them makes all the difference with a company. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Here was the e-mail I got from them testerday.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SEND US ANYTHING!

1. If you use USPS First Class Mail it will only cost around $10 and the shipment will arrive here within one week since you dispatch it. You might want to consider Global Express Mail, but it's usually more expensive. Please DO NOT USE Economy Mail it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery!

2. Please DO NOT DECLARE ANY CUSTOMS VALUE on the shipment - this will just delay the process and make us have to pay duties, which we will in turn ask of you.

So, the process will not only take longer, but it will cost you more.

3. Please IDENTIFY THE CONTENTS CLEARLY! We need to know who sent it (including your email address, preferably include a hardcopy of our past correspondence) and what is expected we do with it (if you already know your color preferences for the items we will send you in exchange, please include that information as well).

Please send to

RedlineGoods

Skr. Pocz. 71

81-209 Gdynia 9

POLAND[/COLOR][/I]

Then this is the one I got today.

Hello!

I never said that, have I? Send the items back and you will get a refund.

--

Thank you and have a great day,

Maciek

RedlineGoods.com

So now they are saying they will refund me my money, after I pay to send back both armrest that were incorrect.

At least I will get my money back after a months worth of waiting and a dozen e-mails.

NEVER BUY FROM A VENDER WITHOUT PHONE SUPPORT!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
Here was the e-mail I got from them testerday.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SEND US ANYTHING!

1. If you use USPS First Class Mail it will only cost around $10 and the shipment will arrive here within one week since you dispatch it. You might want to consider Global Express Mail, but it's usually more expensive. Please DO NOT USE Economy Mail it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery!

2. Please DO NOT DECLARE ANY CUSTOMS VALUE on the shipment - this will just delay the process and make us have to pay duties, which we will in turn ask of you.

So, the process will not only take longer, but it will cost you more.

3. Please IDENTIFY THE CONTENTS CLEARLY! We need to know who sent it (including your email address, preferably include a hardcopy of our past correspondence) and what is expected we do with it (if you already know your color preferences for the items we will send you in exchange, please include that information as well).

Please send to

RedlineGoods

Skr. Pocz. 71

81-209 Gdynia 9

POLAND[/COLOR][/I]

Then this is the one I got today.

Hello!

I never said that, have I? Send the items back and you will get a refund.

--

Thank you and have a great day,

Maciek

RedlineGoods.com

So now they are saying they will refund me my money, after I pay to send back both armrest that were incorrect.

At least I will get my money back after a months worth of waiting and a dozen e-mails.

NEVER BUY FROM A VENDER WITHOUT PHONE SUPPORT!

Ah... Just out to Wings and things and get an order of wings..Enjoy your Vette..I believe half the people in Poland are named Maciek.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Epic_C6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, they never said they wouldn't refund your money? If you are just out the shipping then I would send them back get your money and go to a different merchant. It is a poor business practice to admit fault and then make the consumer pay to ship a product back that was not ordered wrong but packaged and sent wrong by the merchant.

Get notified of new replies

To [UPDATED w/reply from vendor] Vender refuses to refund me my money

Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it resolved Kevin.

Next time keep the business in the US and buy from DS Vettes.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

resolved....
Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Default Vendor unjustly slurred on this forum...

This is in reference to: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-my-money.html

Here's what really happened.

Mr. Duke ordered a custom armrest cover, with a silver stripe down the center, and red stripes down the sides (that's how our armrests usually come if you order them with stripes).

It was 100% our mistake that we made the extra stripe also red. All I asked was a picture of the wrongly sent armrest so that I can send out another one. WITHOUT ASKING the customer to return the first one or anything. As hassle-free as it can be, given the situation.

Mr. Duke requested a change in the color scheme, he didn't want the red stripes on the sides, but wanted the entire side panels to be red. So we sent him exactly what was 100% obvious to us that he wanted: a black/red armrest with a silver carbon-fiber stripe (as he never cancelled that stripe, he actually paid extra for it on the first order so it was obvious he wanted it).

To my surprise it turned out that despite having paid extra for that stripe he no longer wants it. Yet that fact was not conveyed in any of the emails we've received from him.

Despite the fact that I feel we were 100% in the right here, I figured the buyer is always right so I was ready to send him another armrest, but he opted for a full refund. WHICH I MADE NO PROBLEMS WITH, just asked him to return both armrests (since it costs the same to send one, or both).

Mr. Duke said he sent the items, and IMMEDIATELY requested a PayPal refund.

All I told him, and I stand by it, is that I will give him a full refund once the items have arrived. I HAVE NEVER challenged him and told him I will not resolve the situation in whichever way he wanted, despite my position on who's at fault here (again, first armrest was our mistake, second armrest was done just as he ordered it - even though he intended something else, just didn't mention it in either of several emails he'd sent us).

I just wanted you guys to know what our side of the story is:

1) We made a mistake the first time and sent another item, no questions asked, no bickering, not even asking for a return of the first piece. Just a photo to prove it was wrong

2) We did not make a mistake the second time. It was a miscommunication problem. We would have gladly sent him a third armrest cover if he wanted that, no questions asked.

3) Since Mr. Duke chose a refund, we agreed for a full refund and requested him to return the products so that we can process it.

I'm sure everybody here on CF can make up their own mind on whether this level of customer service is sub-par or if, in fact, it's something we can rightfully be proud of.

The one thing I wish I did was call him back, I made a mistake of relying on written word more than on spoken one (in fact, it hasn't ever been a problem in the DECADE we've been in business).

I just couldn't get myself around to it because for the last 2 weeks I've been sick like a dog and I can't get over it (anybody that had chicken pox at the age of 30+ might be able to relate) even today.

Quick Reply: [UPDATED w/reply from vendor] Vender refuses to refund me my money