C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with window valet fubar

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:28 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

Default problem with window valet fubar

after 3 years of working fine it just stopped working. The fob battery is fine I changed it any way. The car still honks 3 times when I try to open it without the fob. I removed it and are seated it. Why would a solid state gizmo just stop working?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:55 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Did you check to see if any of the other features are working other than the windows up/down and the door handle tamper functions? Like the window vent feature or the doors unlock feature when the parking brake is applied?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 AM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

the door handle tamper is working. unlock is working window vent no(but that was always intermittent I had to re index the windows once a week to get it to work.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Originally Posted by dashotgun
the door handle tamper is working. unlock is working window vent no(but that was always intermittent I had to re index the windows once a week to get it to work.
That's weird. The only time I have had issues with mine, I found that it was not tight in the socket; would work loose. As soon as I would remove it and then plug it back in, it would work fine. You might try removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes and seeing if it will re-set. Then reprogram the valet for the functions you want to use. I can't think of anything else to try. Seems like everything would work or nothing would.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

maybe I will try the programing function I do not want to pull the battery cable on the car( shudder) I already tried to reseat it in the obd port as well. It is not in warranty but maybe top down can help. It is a great function it is really no fun to go back to have to getting back in the car to roll the windows up.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

strangely enough last night it started working again. cues music from the twilight zone
Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Ken07AOVert
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Mine is doing the same thing, tried the battery cable off, nothing works. Do you have to buy a new one every spring?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:29 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Mine has been intermittent at times since I've had it (about a year) and I was chalking it up to operator error (not entering the correct commands for venting, windows down/up, etc.) Now I wonder if all of these things are buggy? I have not been real happy with mine - love the concept, just not crazy about the execution/performance. You'd think that a device with no moving parts would work most of the time, wouldn't you?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
TLK
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

No problems with mine. The fob buttons are little squirrelly at times, but the window valet has worked fine for 2.5 years. Check to make sure it's plugged in tight is all I can think of. Could be there's an intermittant connection inside it. Probably too late for warranty return though.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 636 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteright
Mine has been intermittent at times since I've had it (about a year) and I was chalking it up to operator error (not entering the correct commands for venting, windows down/up, etc.) Now I wonder if all of these things are buggy? I have not been real happy with mine - love the concept, just not crazy about the execution/performance. You'd think that a device with no moving parts would work most of the time, wouldn't you?
I have had mine for 6+ years and have not had any issues, it has been flawless. I would contact Top Down Tech and see what he has to say. I know the owner really well, and he stands behind the product.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
I have had mine for 6+ years and have not had any issues, it has been flawless. I would contact Top Down Tech and see what he has to say. I know the owner really well, and he stands behind the product.
Thanks; think I'll give them a call and see what I can find out.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:39 PM
DanInFlorida
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Old thread (I know) but I searched, as we are supposed to and I can find with no real answers.

Windows Valet stopped working in less than 6 months (after purchase), this started after changing battery. Called the Top Down Tech and only get voicemail and no returned calls.

Like others state in this thread, the "door handle tamper" feature is working but the Windows do NOT go up and down.

Disappointed, looking for solutions.

Last edited by DanInFlorida; 05-31-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:48 AM
GREENKAR
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

I am having the same problem as you have stated. Hope someone can come up with a solution. Not
Actually unplugged unit again and reinstalled and it is now working just fine. This was the 4th time of reinstalling the unit. Give it a try. Very

Last edited by GREENKAR; 06-03-2016 at 10:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DanInFlorida (06-01-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To problem with window valet fubar

Quick Reply: problem with window valet fubar