C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Cover Blowout Sale!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 317 Likes on 290 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

For both of you....get the Armor Body. I promised you will love it!!!

Fits like satin stretch, water proof outdoors, looks great on the car, has a little thickness to it to protect from dings. Takes up more room that stormproof or satin stretch, but not much more. Very, Very versatile and worth the extra hassel of taking up more room, I am telling you guys, the Armor Body is the best kept secret out there.

No for the downer....Coverking just called and told me they are out of Armor Body material until 11/29 but are still taking the orders, so beware the order will take a little longer if you order this type of cover.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by Bandit 2010
Sounds like "Stormproof" is the one you need - ask for samples - I just called in and they will send them out if requested. I am in same boat - which one plus I would some dent proofing as well. but the stormproof one seems to fit all the other requirements - it was described as tent like material.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice cover but from what I read it holds in the mositure ???
Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

If it is Waterproof it will hold moisture, assuming it finds a way to get under the cover...Of you want something that "breathes" get the Stormproof.....but then you gotta remember, to breath, it has to go both ways, in and out....

trade off for both.....I prefer the Armor body.....up to you..
Old 11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Jim - Is it ? Ok - makes sense - waiting for samples and will most likely go with the one you recommend - thats for the input.

Bandit
Old 11-14-2010, 11:23 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Jim - Is it ? Ok - makes sense - waiting for samples and will most likely go with the one you recommend - thats for the input.

Bandit
Sounds good.....thanks!

Jim
Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have been using the autobody armor for about three years now and I have not had any issues with it holding moisture. I have had several cases where it rained when the cover was on...after about an hour or so the cover was dry and so was the car underneath. The cover is also very soft and has some thickness to it that gives a little protection. The only downside to the cover has been that as the cover has aged it "dusts" the car a bit (like Noha covers do). Also at three years old mine is near the end of it's useful life. It has been the best cover I have owned...No regrets with the cover, but, I think I may try the stormproof next time (just to try something different).
Old 11-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
I have been using the autobody armor for about three years now and I have not had any issues with it holding moisture. I have had several cases where it rained when the cover was on...after about an hour or so the cover was dry and so was the car underneath. The cover is also very soft and has some thickness to it that gives a little protection. The only downside to the cover has been that as the cover has aged it "dusts" the car a bit (like Noha covers do). Also at three years old mine is near the end of it's useful life. It has been the best cover I have owned...No regrets with the cover, but, I think I may try the stormproof next time (just to try something different).
Wow - sounds like a warranty issue - I would think such a expensive cover would last for many many years beyond the 4 year warranty ?

thanks for the heads up
Old 11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Stormproof is also good....but thin....feels almost like tent material....

Some folks are disappointed with it especially if the have used Armor Body...

Jim
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Hey Jim is this true - end of life after just 3 years ? dust ? like Noah cover ?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Hey Jim is this true - end of life after just 3 years ? dust ? like Noah cover ?

Jim - please comment - would this not be considered a reason to warranty the cover or do they just last 3 years ?

Thks
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Jim - please comment - would this not be considered a reason to warranty the cover or do they just last 3 years ?

Thks

I have not heard or seen this before...I have had an Autobody armor for 3-4 years now without any issues, but the car is covered in the garage more often than outside, if ever outside.

Heck, for that matter I have not heard of a Noah cover dusting either.

Certainly, the outside elements will take a toll on a car cover, but I expect it will last longer than a 3 years. Lets put it this way, I have been selling the Coverking Armor Body and Covercraft Noah covers for 5 years and have NEVER had a warranty issue or complaint, ever.... If I did, I would feel confident that either company would back up there product.

Maybe the dusting thing, is not cover dust but outside dust that builds up the fabric if it is sitting outside all the time? Who knows, grasping at straws here.

I would not worry, I am telling you both covers are top notch!

Jim
Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I have not heard or seen this before...I have had an Autobody armor for 3-4 years now without any issues, but the car is covered in the garage more often than outside, if ever outside.

Heck, for that matter I have not heard of a Noah cover dusting either.

Certainly, the outside elements will take a toll on a car cover, but I expect it will last longer than a 3 years. Lets put it this way, I have been selling the Coverking Armor Body and Covercraft Noah covers for 5 years and have NEVER had a warranty issue or complaint, ever.... If I did, I would feel confident that either company would back up there product.

Maybe the dusting thing, is not cover dust but outside dust that builds up the fabric if it is sitting outside all the time? Who knows, grasping at straws here.

I would not worry, I am telling you both covers are top notch!

Jim
Jim, could you help me with a warranty claim? My issue is that I don't have my original receipt any more (didn't think I would need it)....But my car is a 2008, and my previous Corvette was a C5 so it should be pretty obvious that the cover isn't out of warranty?

By the way, This has been the best cover I have ever owned...and I would recommend it to others.

Your help would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks,
Charley

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 11-17-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:15 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Jim, could you help me with a warranty claim? My issue is that I don't have my original receipt any more (didn't think I would need it)....But my car is a 2008, and my previous Corvette was a C5 so it should be pretty obvious that the cover isn't out of warranty?

By the way, This has been the best cover I have ever owned...and I would recommend it to others.

Your help would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks,
Charley
I can try.....did you get it from me?

Have you called the manufacturer, Coverking?

I guess when you say "dusting", what exactly is happening? If the cover is coming apart then it is a warranty issue. I guess I need to more understand what "dusting" is

Shoot me a PM with some more info and I will certainly try to help.

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 11-17-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jksvet
No problem. I just called and ordered it over the phone. He said he added it then.
Thanks

Just thought I would drop you a note to let you know that I'm really happy with the cover. Looks damn nice.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I can try.....did you get it from me?

Have you called the manufacturer, Coverking?

I guess when you say "dusting", what exactly is happening? If the cover is coming apart then it is a warranty issue. I guess I need to more understand what "dusting" is

Shoot me a PM with some more info and I will certainly try to help.

Jim

PM sent. Thank you VERY MUCH for helping.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

PM sent. Thank you VERY MUCH for helping.

So Charley - did they replace the cover for you ? I hope they did as that is what I would expect if it were my cover - waiting to hear how they treat you before ordering.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Jim, does the satin Stretch come in VR? I would like to get a cover that will match my car. I see that it says red only but the website sample looks more burgundy than red and I want to get the VR? If you have VR I'll order it. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Car Cover Blowout Sale!!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Cdn Z06 Mike
Jim, does the satin Stretch come in VR? I would like to get a cover that will match my car. I see that it says red only but the website sample looks more burgundy than red and I want to get the VR? If you have VR I'll order it. Thanks!
No, sorry....none of the cover colors are exact;y match any of the Corvette colors (except maybe black)....

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We have run car cover sales in the past, but this is the best one yet!!!

We have negotiated two distinct promos with Coverking...

First one is for Corvette Car Covers only (C5 and C6)!!!

For the Corvette owners, we picked out the best of the Coverking car covers and added a C6 or C5 Crossed Flags logo to the front and the word "Corvette" on the rear of the cover.

You can choose from the Autobody Armor car cover (which in my personal opinion is the BEST car cover on the market) that can be used as an indoor or outdoor car cover with the front and rear logos for 289.99 plus shipping (roughly 10 bucks). Order Below
Corvette Autobody Armor Car Cover

Or the wildy famous Satin Stretch indoor car cover for
209.99 plus shipping. Same deal with the logos, front and rear of the cover.Order below
Corvette Satin Stretch Car Cover

Or the versatile outdoor Stormproof Car Cover for 209.99. Just like the others, logos included. Order Below
Corvette Stormproof Car Cover

And then for everyone else who is looking for a great deal on a car cover for a different vehicle, here is promo number 2....
Use the link below to configure a Car Cover for your vehicle and when you get to the coupon code section type "carcover" in the coupon section and get an additional 25% off the total price!!!! Yes, and additional 25%!!!!

Car Cover Sale 25% Off

Promo will last as long as we can convince Coverking to keep it open....

Also please note, covers are custom made to fit your exact make and model. They are made to order and usually take 7-10 days to ship.

Thanks.

Jim
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm really pleased with the Autobody Armor car cover the Southern Car Parts Santa brought me -- thanks!

Quick Reply: Car Cover Blowout Sale!!!!