C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which partition do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Madvettes Vettebin/partition combo. Great quality - looks factory. Takes a while to get but well worth the wait IMO. Having had mine for over 6 months now, I can't imagine having the car without it.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:33 AM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

? for you guys/gals that has the madvette partition/vette bin.. Do you have problems with small things coming forward & falling down behind the seats.?? In the pics the bins look like they come up far enough that things like a purse would just roll down behind the seats.. Is this a problem? I know most of you don't carry purse's, just used that as an example.. .. Also, how deep are the bins.? In the pics the bins look small, (depth wise)too small to store anything in.. I don't really think I need the bins but maybe somebody can change my mind..

Thanks in advance! Tonya
Old 11-18-2010, 01:25 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyasc6
? for you guys/gals that has the madvette partition/vette bin.. Do you have problems with small things coming forward & falling down behind the seats.?? In the pics the bins look like they come up far enough that things like a purse would just roll down behind the seats.. Is this a problem? I know most of you don't carry purse's, just used that as an example.. .. Also, how deep are the bins.? In the pics the bins look small, (depth wise)too small to store anything in.. I don't really think I need the bins but maybe somebody can change my mind..

Thanks in advance! Tonya
They are about 3" deep. I keep my owner's manual, sun glasses, comb, change holder, etc. in the driver's side bin (stuff you'd normally clutter up your glove compartment/center console storage bin with. In the passenger side bin I have an umbrella, a pair of gloves, some maps, etc. and a DC inverter I use for my lap top (there is a 12 volt power point in the passenger side bin). And yes, I guess stuff could slide off the shelf under hard braking; I've had things move around while turning corners but nothing falling behind the seats. I would think that it would be pretty easy to just insert a strip of stiff plastic about 4" high running the length of the compartment between the bins and the shelf lip behind the seats to deal with any issues of items sliding off and falling behind the seats. Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
cgrundman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

If i have anything that I worry about sliding off, I just put it behind the partition

Originally Posted by vetteright
They are about 3" deep. I keep my owner's manual, sun glasses, comb, change holder, etc. in the driver's side bin (stuff you'd normally clutter up your glove compartment/center console storage bin with. In the passenger side bin I have an umbrella, a pair of gloves, some maps, etc. and a DC inverter I use for my lap top (there is a 12 volt power point in the passenger side bin). And yes, I guess stuff could slide off the shelf under hard braking; I've had things move around while turning corners but nothing falling behind the seats. I would think that it would be pretty easy to just insert a strip of stiff plastic about 4" high running the length of the compartment between the bins and the shelf lip behind the seats to deal with any issues of items sliding off and falling behind the seats. Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Thanks in advance! Tonya
The bins are there to keep your small stuff in and prevent it from moving around. If you have bigger things like a purse I'd recommend getting the partition only without the bin. That way there will be a 3" or so barrier sticking up between the back of the seat and the partition to keep things from sliding behind the seat.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

I have the exoticvettes partition. I would try another brand if I were to do it again. It is a nice enough piece and the top does fit in the back but it is a pain to get it secured with the partition in the way.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:57 AM
car2fast4you
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 283 Posts

I've got the one that is flat on top.
It's very nice, but it doesn't allow you to store the roof in back when you have the partition installed.
If I were to buy one now, I'd get this one.....although, I'd just get the plain version.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by car2fast4you
I've got the one that is flat on top.
It's very nice, but it doesn't allow you to store the roof in back when you have the partition installed.
If I were to buy one now, I'd get this one.....although, I'd just get the plain version.
Yes, that is our MadVette Vettebin and Partition combo, with the plexi upgrade option. The customer that took this picture, added the handles for his doors, but each door has a cutout for you to stick your finger in to lift the door.
I sell the partition separately, with or without the plexi window, HERE, or you can get the combo HERE.
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:41 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
I have the exoticvettes partition. I would try another brand if I were to do it again. It is a nice enough piece and the top does fit in the back but it is a pain to get it secured with the partition in the way.
I'd be happy to work out a trade-in with you if you are wanting to upgrade to our partition. Please pm me and I can give you the details.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jordyt123
I'm sure these partitions work well. I'm just having a hard time justifying $150.00 for what is basically an MDF shelf covered with inexpensive carpet. I know it takes some skill to cut, but I still see "Corvette tax" .
The $150 we charge is $135 for the partition, and $15 for the shipping. I know when I originally designed our Partitions, I had once ordered a C5 FRC partition from an unnamed company, and it was made in China. I couldn't justify a Chinese partition in a Corvette. Also, the fit and finish wasn't quite what I liked in a C5, so when it came time for me to design the new C6 Vettebin and Partition, I made sure the quality, fit and finish were to my exacting standards, and had an OEM look that each customer would enjoy for many years to come.
In that $135, the parts and labor are figured in. Yes, I have a template made so each one is identical in the fitment, but each partition is cut, routered, sanded, and when carpeted, it is glued entirely and stapled around the edges to insure enjoyment for many, many years. Also, the carpet I use, doesn't fade or discolor over time, and if you ever decide to upgrade to the Plexi option on our partition, I will take the original back in on trade.
I also have a trade-in option for those who wish to upgrade to the MadVette partition.
With the 15 years of experience I have in custom fabrication, each item I make is made to my uncompromising standards, made from my own design (not copied from another design or another manufacturer's design), and made in house by my hands in our shop in TN.
Sure, anyone with some woodworking skills, and the right tools can do a job similar to what I do, but just as we can each make food, change oil, replace a battery, etc., often we pay others for their specialty trait, and for the quality with which they do their work.
Many manufacturers build or sell items with the mentality that you can pay their price, or just not buy it, but for me, it is much more. My passion for Corvettes is why I do my job, each and every day, and why I insure each Vettebin and Partition, as well as each of my products, is made to suit your needs and expectations. Just like anything custom and handmade, it takes a bit of time to insure every edge is sanded smooth, and each thing is done correctly, but to me, the items I have created and make each day, carry alot of pride with them, and with that, I hope you understand why it is that I don't charge the "Corvette Tax". I simply charge a fair price for the quality of work I provide. I can't say that about all Partitions on the market, but I guarantee my MadVette Partitions and Vettebin are the best out there - HANDS DOWN!!

Originally Posted by EVRose
I think $150 is a fair price. Figure 2 hours for someone to measure, cut, assemble the wood and wrap it with carpet @$50/hr and $50 for material. Not to mention how they fit and look when installed. I'll probably get one too.
Thanks!! See my explanation above.

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
Got mine from MadVette also. I think it looks great

Thanks!! Glad you like it!!

Originally Posted by j_digi454
Got mine there too, looks like it came with the Vette, not a mod.
Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by cgrundman
I also got mine from Madvette. I did both the storage bin and the partition. I wanted the bin not only for extra storage but because I wanted the double drink holders for trips plus the power point in the passenger side bin. Madvette is the only one that offered them. I am very pleased with the looks and the fit.
Thanks!!

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 11-18-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Also, just as an FYI... All Vettebin combos are $200 shipped for the next 7 days, as part of our Pre-Christmas Sale. I currently have 5 orders left to finish this week, and all new orders will begin shipping next week.
Click here for the thread.

I apologize about hijacking the thread, I just felt as though it may apply to your decision making process.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:42 PM
cgrundman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

That's a good deal for a great product !

Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
Also, just as an FYI... All Vettebin combos are $200 shipped for the next 7 days, as part of our Pre-Christmas Sale. I currently have 5 orders left to finish this week, and all new orders will begin shipping next week.

I apologize about hijacking the thread, I just felt as though it may apply to your decision making process.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cgrundman
That's a good deal for a great product !
Thanks!! This pricing will end on next Friday, to give everyone a full 7 days to order.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM
tstyles
Intermediate

Where do you connect the lead for the power point?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
cgrundman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

It connects to the fuse box. They supply very detailed instructions for installation. I did it in about 30 minutes and if I can do it, anyone can do it. Really simple !

Originally Posted by tstyles
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tstyles
You can view the PDF file at www.MadVette Motorsports.com/pdf
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I have this one from Southern Car Parts and am very pleased with it. It does exactly what you're looking for - keeps objects from rolling around (confines them to the horizontal area shown in the photo) and allows room for roof panel storage. I've had mine for five years with zero problems. Highly recommended.

I got this one from southern car parts.It quiets things down some also

Clif

Get notified of new replies

To Which partition do you recommend?

Old 11-18-2010, 07:39 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good eye Dave. I have fat fingers, so I added the handles
Old 11-18-2010, 11:03 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

NO apology needed.. I sent you a pm.. Thanks!
You can view the PDF file at www.MadVette Motorsports.com/pdf
Can't get the link to work...
Old 11-19-2010, 08:52 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't get the link to work...
Try www.madvettemotorsports.com/pdf

Quick Reply: Which partition do you recommend?