C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calloway dd exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by saplumr
It appears that "some" people think quite highly of themselves.
By "some" people are you referring to the people telling the most successful aftermarket Corvette builder how they should build a car?

Or perhaps referring to me saying "either buy the car or don't....but whatever you do, stop trolling the thread, especially when youre not a buyer."

Interesting.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:33 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
By "some" people are you referring to the people telling the most successful aftermarket Corvette builder how they should build a car?

Or perhaps referring to me saying "either buy the car or don't....but whatever you do, stop trolling the thread, especially when youre not a buyer."

Interesting.
I didn't have the intention of singling out anyone but I will refer to your #46 post. I give credit where credit is due and Callaway puts out a quality product. That being said let me be clear...there are "a few" here that look to go well beyond their limited HP levels and in the process invest far more $$ than what Callaway owners spend. You have the right to be proud of what you drive but not at the expense of insinuating others "can't afford" one because they don't wish to. Sometimes arrogance is the result of insecurities...it's just not cool. Could be the issue here.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 PM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I started something. Remember the original premise was about the slats or some sort of surround part so as not to have the double D looking so naked. I am sure Chris Callaway who has commented a number of times will come up witha unit we can get to copliment the apprearance of the DD. We are patiently waiting Chris. The slats would be fine but the price is just not reasonable given it is 65% or so as expensive as the exhaust itself. I would think with all the engineering talent you have at your disposal that you could come up with something inthe $200-250.00 range. Please see what you can do. I think you would have an accessory market for that price. Keep in mind that many of us also value appearance. Can I get an AMEN guys?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by mack morrow jr
Looks like I started something. Remember the original premise was about the slats or some sort of surround part so as not to have the double D looking so naked. I am sure Chris Callaway who has commented a number of times will come up witha unit we can get to copliment the apprearance of the DD. We are patiently waiting Chris. The slats would be fine but the price is just not reasonable given it is 65% or so as expensive as the exhaust itself. I would think with all the engineering talent you have at your disposal that you could come up with something inthe $200-250.00 range. Please see what you can do. I think you would have an accessory market for that price. Keep in mind that many of us also value appearance. Can I get an AMEN guys?
I didn't mean to detract from your thread. I'm not sure how the mistake was made but unfortunately some think if you don't "own" a particular car you shouldn't post in that thread...rather foolish. I'll stay out of this one from now on and certainly hope you find what you like.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 AM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saplumr
I didn't mean to detract from your thread. I'm not sure how the mistake was made but unfortunately some think if you don't "own" a particular car you shouldn't post in that thread...rather foolish. I'll stay out of this one from now on and certainly hope you find what you like.
Please dont drop out. Someone once said that " WHEN TWO PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS AGREEING, ONE OF THEM IS NOT NEEDED". Differing opinions are always healthy and I certainly did not mean to infer otherwise. My statement of looks like I started something was meant as an appreciation of the lively debate.Keep it coming.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the post that on a non-callaway car, I would not add it, but if you like the look, then it is your car. I think there are some great options out there for sound.

My wife's SRT8 has the Corsa Extreme, which sounds very old school muscle. If I went off sound alone, I'd go with that.

On my car, I would not change it because it is done.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:18 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 739 Likes on 420 Posts

Sorry if I misled you - I would not anticipate seeing something of the same caliber offered at $250. Please visit with an owner of a Callaway Corvette and view the intricate details of the slats, I think you will agree it is well worth the $$$
Old 11-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Sorry if I misled you - I would not anticipate seeing something of the same caliber offered at $250. Please visit with an owner of a Callaway Corvette and view the intricate details of the slats, I think you will agree it is well worth the $$$
Passed your BedTime Chris.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

As far as I know (and I emailed Chris a while back as well as talked on the phone to someone at Callaway) the slats are not available except on Callaway cars. If you go to the Callaway web site you won't find them - just the exhaust system. As Chris said, that's their signature look and they don't want to water it down by having it available to everyone. Fair enough.

I agree that the DD looks naked on the C6 without something with it. Note that they made a surround piece for the C5 to address that issue.

My wife likes the look with the slats and would have the complete setup if she could. But no go. I tried, honey

Z//
Old 11-25-2010, 02:30 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 739 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Raazor
Passed your BedTime Chris.
Absolute Performance, never rests!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Absolute Performance, never rests!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
u too brotha!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

AMEN...AMEN...AMEN! My car was one of the first (2008) SC 580's to hit the ground in FL and came thru WITHOUT the slats. So far I've been too cheap to add the slats (at the $750 tariff) even though I don't like the look without them. I would like a more reasonable alternative

Quick Reply: Calloway dd exhaust