C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the deal with the Jake Skull?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaGrandSport
Some just can't tolerate other's ideas or tastes - like the guy from Oregon that ripped off his engine covers and hood liner.
Thanks..

I guess I'm used to dealing with it, with my wolfdog rescue organization.. I provide educational seminars on wolfdogs for schools, county Animal Controls, etc... and its amazing how many people are right up front about hating the animals, not knowing the first thing about them or what it means to the owners and their relationship with the animal...or the true beauty in the animals...

When folks see my vette in person, they comment on how tastefully its done with Jake... when one looks at pictures, under hood, then outside, then inside, they scream overkill........... well..... in person, you only see the outside..........then you only see the inside when you get in....... and you dont see under the hood unless i pop the hood for you.....LOL... perception..

And lets face it... if you want to make something you own, that so many others own, different, unique, or what ever... so what? Thats your right....... and you didnt do it to please John Smith or Harry Viper... you did it to please yourself...... There will always be the "I like E" and the "I No Like E's"......... but........thats just life in the fast lane...

Bottom line is, we are all in this together, thats my take, always has been... its a gr8 forum filled with Corvette people! There is no room for bad feelings...

Last edited by wolfdogs; 12-28-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
fnbrowning
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonC6
I had no idea where it originated either because I never watch the sort of organized big money corporate sponsored "racing" that spawned it.

From the beginning I've thought it to be juvenile ( aka childish ) and not something I'd want on a car as classy as a vette. But, then again, I'm an "old gummer" now to use the phrase of another member here. I remember a time when people did very few mods to their brand new vettes....apparently, somehow, they were "satisfied" with the cars the way they were built.

That attitude must baffle many younger owners today. But now we have cars that look, to me at least, like cartoons ( the new Camaro ). I owned a number of first gen Camaros and they looked classy IMO. The current one is hideous IMO. But, it's all driven by marketing. Marketing either follows trends or creates them to suit the company purposes.

I'm getting really curious to see what the C7 looks like. I'm not optimistic. The C6 has gotten almost cartoonish itself.
Originally Posted by Iceman3K15
Really? You are the biggest troll. Somehow you turned explanation of the Jake logo for the Corvette race team into a discussion about modding cars. To each their own. Most on this forum love mods, they are expression of one's self.
I don't personally know OregonC6, but he is a senior member with 5 stars of posts. We can agree or disagree with a post, but using the epithet Troll was uncalled for.
You might use that description on a low-post-count troublemaker, but it is out of line to toss it into a reply in the course of a disagreement with an established member.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:52 PM
siggie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Iceman427
Pro

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
I don't personally know OregonC6, but he is a senior member with 5 stars of posts. We can agree or disagree with a post, but using the epithet Troll was uncalled for.
You might use that description on a low-post-count troublemaker, but it is out of line to toss it into a reply in the course of a disagreement with an established member.
I don't really care how many posts he has, or how long he has been around. I have seen him throw around statements like the one he did in this thread multiple times now. I stand by my statement.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 PM
digbyamb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks..

I guess I'm used to dealing with it, with my wolfdog rescue organization.. I provide educational seminars on wolfdogs for schools, county Animal Controls, etc... and its amazing how many people are right up front about hating the animals, not knowing the first thing about them or what it means to the owners and their relationship with the animal...or the true beauty in the animals...

When folks see my vette in person, they comment on how tastefully its done with Jake... when one looks at pictures, under hood, then outside, then inside, they scream overkill........... well..... in person, you only see the outside..........then you only see the inside when you get in....... and you dont see under the hood unless i pop the hood for you.....LOL... perception..

And lets face it... if you want to make something you own, that so many others own, different, unique, or what ever... so what? Thats your right....... and you didnt do it to please John Smith or Harry Viper... you did it to please yourself...... There will always be the "I like E" and the "I No Like E's"......... but........thats just life in the fast lane...

Bottom line is, we are all in this together, thats my take, always has been... its a gr8 forum filled with Corvette people! There is no room for bad feelings...

Thanks WOLF

I have always struggled with those that take themselves too seriously, we have far too many members of this forum who believe their opinion is more than just that an opinion.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Jake is for the rebels and bad boys who drive vettes...

If you like to fit in with societys norms, care what your neighbors think, care more about the interior then HP, and you get mad when your shirt has a wrinkle in it.....stick to the corvette logo only...or go buy a BMW...LOL

For me, blacked out my vette and added the Jake to the mats and this: ...

Last edited by Cor430vette; 12-29-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:34 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
I guess that pretty much sums it up. Jake on the car transforms the driver into a badass? Man...I gotta get some of that stuff.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by saplumr
I guess that pretty much sums it up. Jake on the car transforms the driver into a badass? Man...I gotta get some of that stuff.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Come on Wolfdogs no Jake Bandana.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Come on Wolfdogs no Jake Bandana.

Is that a Jake pendant on your necklace?

Remember, Jake makes you a BADASS.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

QUOTE=hanks10GS;1576337052]OK, I may regret putting this out there but here goes: What's the deal with the Jake Skull? I dont get it. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Old 12-29-2010, 01:44 PM
mfile2000
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I coudn't care less, but its no more or less than hoping the car one drives define them. To each his own. Live and let live. BADA$$, what a concept. I like Jake, but I woudn't put him on my car.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If you like to fit in with societys norms, care what your neighbors think, care more about the interior then HP, and you get mad when your shirt has a wrinkle in it.....stick to the corvette logo only...or go buy a BMW...LOL

Now that is funny - I don't care who you are...especially coming from a rebel...badboy....financial advisor. LMAO
Old 12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
digbyamb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My grandson (age 5) thinks he is a PacMan (I didn't know 5 year olds knew who PacMan was), I guess he is out of the will
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Can you point me in the direction where you got this exhaust plate? I love it & besides, I wanna be a badass! Tonya.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Well based solely on that guys post I wasn't sure if Jake means you are a badass or an outcast.

Get notified of new replies

To What's the deal with the Jake Skull?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Marc V.

Is that a Jake pendant on your necklace?

Remember, Jake makes you a BADASS.
no.........its just a wolf paw print...........

Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Well based solely on that guys post I wasn't sure if Jake means you are a badass or an outcast.
I hope Im not an outcast cause of my Jakes.... now, not showering except on the 2nd Thursday of the 3 month of the odd year might have done it!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope Im not an outcast cause of my Jakes.... now, not showering except on the 2nd Thursday of the 3 month of the odd year might have done it!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Wolf...you've paid your dues in the Badass Club! Anyone who has wolves around the pad is a BAD ***! You've earned the right to have the Jakester anywhere you want.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with the Jake Skull?