C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer hidden rebates

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Dealer hidden rebates

Question for you guys.

I ordered a new 2011 GS last week. I built it out to 61660.

The dealer brought me down to 56313

My question is if there is hidden dealer cash that i could use to bring it even lower.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Ahhhhh you pretty much ordered during a 'tough time'. There is $3000 dealer cash but it expires n Monday night. Even if it gets extended 30 days...your car may not arrive in time for it. The is also $1000 in GM money for loyality--must own another GM vehicle. It also expires Monday night (2/28).

If those 'deals' are extended...and they are in effect when your car actually arrives...you may be able talk the dealer into part of it. The tough part of custom orders..you sometimes miss "specials". The current behind the scene money was around long enough for folks to custom order and get the car in time...fairly rare.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:38 AM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Z06LUST
Ahhhhh you pretty much ordered during a 'tough time'. There is $3000 dealer cash but it expires n Monday night. Even if it gets extended 30 days...your car may not arrive in time for it. The is also $1000 in GM money for loyality--must own another GM vehicle. It also expires Monday night (2/28).

If those 'deals' are extended...and they are in effect when your car actually arrives...you may be able talk the dealer into part of it. The tough part of custom orders..you sometimes miss "specials". The current behind the scene money was around long enough for folks to custom order and get the car in time...fairly rare.
Since the dealer cash is "hidden" would i still be able to get the financing ?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
Question for you guys.

My question is if there is hidden dealer cash that i could use to bring it even lower.
I just ordered a 2011 Z06 so I am in the same boat you are in. I would assume the price you have is your set price....when you take delivery of the car what ever incentives are available at that time of course you will get off of that price.

No one really knows with will happen on Tuesday morning, but I will be tuning in to find out.

Currently they are offering 2 days paid at one of the driving schools, $3000 cash to the dealer (But every dealer on the planet is letting the customer have it to be in a competitive sales position), $1000 owner loyalty, and any other run of the mill incentive that is out there on a regular basis...I have a GM card so $1000 there and I belong to an approved credit union so I get another $500....I did have top off cash on my GM card in the month of January for additional $1000 but was not taking delivery of a car back then..........Here is what I predict...on Tuesday morning and moving forward....but again this is a guess.

Here goes nothing:

I say the next set of incentives run from March 1st to May 2nd

2 day driving school
$3000 dealer cash or some sort of financing...(Not zero percent)
Deferred payments for 90 days or something like that

Starting May 3rd and running into July

2 Day driving school
$3000 dealer cash or 0% financing 60 months on all but ZR1

Again, these are guesses at best...I think there are a lot of corvettes out there so they are going to want to move them....last check on Jeff Hardy's page....4798 in total from 2009,2010, and 2011

Not sure if this is helpful....just kicking it around..

one more note...I got my dealer to agree to hold the car until early may just in case there are new incentives to take advantage of at that time.....they were happy to do that no problem...I am sure your dealer would be as well.

Regards,
Scotthttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/crazy2.gif
Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Tom's_03SVT
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

what dealer are you using, is it a forum dealership? If not, it needs to be. I spec'd my 2010out at about the same cost as your and I got mine here for less than $50K.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 AM
anotherone
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go on USAA website and check out the car buying program. They beat the forum sponsors.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 984 Likes on 463 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

[QUOTE=oldstyleGS;1576907726]Question for you guys.

My question is if there is hidden dealer cash that i could use to bring it even lower.[/]

I just bought mine off the lot of a forum dealer and it listed for 65k and it was a 3LT GS, I got the $3000 off and I'm getting the driving school and I'm getting 3.9 for 60 months. I have a small window on Monday and if the incentives are better I will get those.

Enjoy the new car!

Last edited by Garret; 02-27-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

The dealer also has 3% holdback and some advertising rebates, but rarely will they ever go into holdback, even for employees.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 AM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
what dealer are you using, is it a forum dealership? If not, it needs to be. I spec'd my 2010out at about the same cost as your and I got mine here for less than $50K.
Yes its a forum dealer, Im not saying they did anything wrong, i think just left off waiting on the possible incentives.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
rdrunnur
Racer

Originally Posted by anotherone
go on USAA website and check out the car buying program. They beat the forum sponsors.

AAA was even less than USAA.......
Old 02-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Have a friend at GM? you get the supplier price, from the gmfamilyfirst website. I got my car from Chriswell Chevy in MD. last week in order to get the 0% for 72 months on new 2010's. I didn't need the code for the supplier price because Chriswell even beat that price!!! I drove 470 miles to trade in my 09'Pontiac G8 GT from Buffalo to DC in 0 deg. temps and icy roads!!!

Last edited by Don-Vette; 02-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
z06Bigbird
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rumor on the street is that Memphis dealerships will give up the holdback just so that they can get the allocation for next year.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
Yes its a forum dealer, Im not saying they did anything wrong, i think just left off waiting on the possible incentives.
Are you serious?????????????? The left off an unknown, may not even exist discount???? How are they to do that. You can buy off the lot and get the current savings or custom order the car and you get the deal you agreed to. Dealer cash is just that. Money to the dealer. It is NOT customer cash. Some dealers pass it aolng and some do not. But after 2/28 it is TOTALLY UNKNOWN what incentives will be, if any.

Why did YOU order the car NOW, you should have waited a week to see what the new incentives will be, if any. YOU rushed the deal, not the dealer. They are there to sell cars NOW not tell a customer to go away and come back in a week.

The current incentives are well known, as well as their expiration date. Did you ask the dealer about current incentives for cars on the lot? Did you ask when those incentives expire?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:12 PM
SlasherMcGee
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

If you didn't get at least 18% off msrp you didn't get enough off!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlasherMcGee
If you didn't get at least 18% off msrp you didn't get enough off!
Not sure if this is realistic or not...I got my best deal at 15% off MSRP and I was $2500 under invoice on a MSRP $99,880 and that would be figuring the $3000 dealer cash option...

I have more incentives that I will be using as well.

GM Card $1000
Credit Union Banker $500
Owner Loyalty $1000

With those applied I would be at 17.6% off MSRP, but not everyone has the additional incentives so I posted both ways to be objective.

I think at the end of the day, if you are getting the car you want at a price you can be happy about go for it and enjoy the ride.

Scott
Old 02-27-2011, 02:55 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Z06LUST
Are you serious?????????????? The left off an unknown, may not even exist discount???? How are they to do that. You can buy off the lot and get the current savings or custom order the car and you get the deal you agreed to. Dealer cash is just that. Money to the dealer. It is NOT customer cash. Some dealers pass it aolng and some do not. But after 2/28 it is TOTALLY UNKNOWN what incentives will be, if any.

Why did YOU order the car NOW, you should have waited a week to see what the new incentives will be, if any. YOU rushed the deal, not the dealer. They are there to sell cars NOW not tell a customer to go away and come back in a week.

The current incentives are well known, as well as their expiration date. Did you ask the dealer about current incentives for cars on the lot? Did you ask when those incentives expire?
Even if I had waited a week, there is no guarantee that even if they offered 0 for 72 in March that it would be actually be here in March. Im looking at a production week of March 20th or the 27th which in all likely hood would not get the car here till early April.

I knew about the current incentives and I knew when they would end. My dealer and I checked current inventories and there was nowhere near an exact match to what i want.

I understand its unknown what incentive will be after the current month but from my looking around, there are nearly 5000 Corvettes on the ground waiting to be sold. In my opinion GM is going to want to move those and sweeten up incentives. According to Corvette blogger and jeff hardy, there are nearly 1600 more Corvettes on the ground right now as compared to this time last year

Last edited by KBow_Photo; 02-27-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that the 1K on owner loyalty meana the car must be a 1999 or later.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer hidden rebates

Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GM sales for February are expected to be up 36.7% over last year because GM is currently leading the entire automotive industry in "incentives" spending. What effect this has had on Corvette February sales will be found out next week, but since Corvette sales are down more than 70% from 2008, one would expect some improvement over year ago sales, in spite of currently increasing gasoline prices. Right now GM is "buying" market share, but that is okay because they are finally profitable.

Last edited by laconiajack; 02-27-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM
BrianBNM
Instructor

Another tactic that I've used is to use the dealer preferred financing at the outrageous rates. Take delivery and refi right away. They will lower the price knowing that they will make up for it in interest payments. A bit of a hassle but it's worked for me a couple of times.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:42 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

You may get lucky, when I ordered mine last April the rebate was $1000, by the time it arrived in June, it had gone up to $3000.

Quick Reply: Dealer hidden rebates