C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev Matching

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
The Vette is not really conducive to heel-and-toe IMO, mostly due to its 'lazy' (and non-adjustable) throttle mapping. I have 'heel-and-toe' pedals, but mostly just rev-match on downshifts, because my right ankle is just not flexible enough to depress the gas pedal what is needed for a nice downshift. Maybe at full braking, but don't do that much.

Do you want to see not only heel-and-toeing, but also keeping the engine (turbo) in the powerband AND not killling spectators all at the same time? Watch the master in action (Walter Rhorl):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts29KKhKXds

Then why the heck not make threads over 45 days auto lock themselves? Most other forums ask you to search first, and not start a new thread when there's an old one already, so most folks assume that's the case. There's an easy way to achieve what they want without any hassles. It's like leaving a jar open with candy inside and expecting your kids to not get any. Just close the freaking jar and problem solved, right? . Just saying.
Wow, Walter Rohl knows how to drive a car FAST!!!

Nevertheless ... all those spectators so close to the road ... completely ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by Subw00er
I do it almost every shift. During spirited driving, I also heel-toe a lot. Its part of the joy of owning a manual transmission.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html

Quick Reply: Rev Matching