C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C7 News in August Motor Trend

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 AM
msnbound
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
Nice analogy

At this point I got a skinny gal that I am trying to convince myself is as appealing as your natural beauty. You know how beauties go, high maintenance, everyone wants her, & at this point I can only fantasize because I cannot afford her so I did the best I could do, got her little sister.

Haha....now thats funny......hope the little sis dont tell the big sis
Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 AM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by msnbound
Imho, the zo6 is a fine natural woman.....looks great without makeup.....zr1.....a fixed up barbie doll that only a few can afford......gs....a teenager looking up and admiring a grown woman's natural beauty.......the regular c6 coupe......a beautiful skinny woman who wants to have curves.........take your pick.......corvettes have different styles for different tastes....
god i hope you were kidding - if I see you anywhere near my car I'm calling the cops! you Zaino your car in the nude don't you? ...you perv!

btw, you lost me on the "teenager" part, huh???

Last edited by ohmy; 07-06-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 AM
C6~Missle
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CodyC6
I think most of us may prefer displacement. But cars like the GTR and Porsches have been doing pretty darn good under 4 Litres.
You wouldn't need the larger displacement if the vette were a bit
smaller and 500 lbs lighter.. It would handle better, brake better and be way more fuel efficient.. getting back to the basic fundamentals..
less is more...
Old 07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
C6~Missle
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 66biskwik
No problem, we have come full circle. Started with a six and now we're going back to a six.
My son just bought a BMW 335i TT beast..
The thing can get up and go with finesse and utter smoothness..
The thing weighs in at 3600 lbs.. which is too phat for my tastes..
If it were 500lbs lighter... It would be a true beast and a half..
Nothing wrong with a six banger that twin turbos can't fix.. except the exhaust note..
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by C6~Missle
You wouldn't need the larger displacement if the vette were a bit
smaller and 500 lbs lighter.. It would handle better, brake better and be way more fuel efficient.. getting back to the basic fundamentals..
less is more...
I cant imagine the C7 being any much lighter than the C6. It is already one of the lightest sports cars on the market. Might drop a 100lbs, but losing 500 is a dream. Not to mention one of the main attractions to the Vette.. is that the average sized American male can actually fit in one. Smaller & Lighter has it place.. but its not at the expense of comfort & keeping a realistic MSRP.

Nothing wrong with a six banger that twin turbos can't fix.. except the exhaust note..
The 335TT is great.. until you have to service it. BMW engines are suspect as is when it comes to reliability, adding TT to it only makes your wallet even less friendly. The Beemer may be fun to own now, but I feel sorry for your son when that warranty is gone.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

I have driven a few 350Z TT that were putting down 430hp/430tq to rear wheels, lots of fun. I have never driven a Z06 & wonder how close those 2 would feel.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Haha....now thats funny......hope the little sis dont tell the big sis
You are right, I have heard big sis & lil sis look much the same to people that do not know them well but big sis is a beast.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:00 AM
choprfgr
Burning Brakes

I like going swimmin' with bow-legged wimmen.

Which one is that? 1967 427 Roadster?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
KevinK
Drifting

Driving an 800hp FI inline four would be like driving a motorcycle with four wheels. At 2 litres, that motor would generate, what, 150-200lbs of torque at.....4,500 rpms....tops? That means it'd have to be in the 10,000rpm range in order to make the kinda power that would equal that of the current motor.

May as well use a rotary...

Which is to say, this is not gonna happen.

And that concept pic is ugly as sin....I'd MUCH rather have that black C6. That concept looks like that turd they made on Car Warriors on the 76' vette episode.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 PM
C6~Missle
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
I cant imagine the C7 being any much lighter than the C6. It is already one of the lightest sports cars on the market. Might drop a 100lbs, but losing 500 is a dream. Not to mention one of the main attractions to the Vette.. is that the average sized American male can actually fit in one. Smaller & Lighter has it place.. but its not at the expense of comfort & keeping a realistic MSRP.

The 335TT is great.. until you have to service it. BMW engines are suspect as is when it comes to reliability, adding TT to it only makes your wallet even less friendly. The Beemer may be fun to own now, but I feel sorry for your son when that warranty is gone.
I agree with you on both accounts.. all valid points.. I'm 6'3 so I understand the importance of fitting in a sports car.. not many work for me.. and it has to be comfy too..
My son purchased a slightly used CPO car with a 100K warranty.. so
he gets some peace of mind.. His E36 M3 has 11+ years of daily use and track time at Road Atlanta and VIR with 109K on the odo it still
runs and feels new... but it's not as complex as the new one..
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

THE ONLY THING ONE CAN SAY WITH UTTER CERTANTY about the c7 is 1) THAT MOVIE CAR AIN'T IT!
2) NOBODY BUT GM knows what it will be.
Thanks for coming.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 AM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Glad to have a c6 zo6.....the last of the big engines........true king of the corvette family......all natural, no additives needed.....
At least until it gets spanked by a ZR1.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:44 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by DT455
I bought my GS right on time before the C7 comes out. Love the body lines of the C6 wide body and I got good old fashion V8 power with the LS3!!! I'm set for life
Funny, that's what I said about my 03 Z06. I'm betting there is another Corvette in your future.

Tom
Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
if enough customers don't like anything the company is producing, the company itself might go away.

they got bailed out remember?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I like the thrust of the 6.2 and 7 liter LS engines for sure, but moving forward, I would be excited to see a full feature variable cam timed 4 valved 5.5 liter or so in the standard vette. The new 5 liter Ford and even the power delivery in my old 91 DOHC LT5 car has merits. the power is very smooth and easier to manage coming out of corners...plus you shift a little less.

For the street, the LSx engines are great (and affordable), but for the track or competition, I would like to see 4 cams.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 PM
C6 Don
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbybarr
Yep, got mine too. It says the split window "batmobile" look is not for sure and the 6 cylinder is a no-go. Sure hope that concept car look is not in the cards....personal opinion, but its "ug-ug-ugly."

That split window would have the biggest blind spot ever seen (not seen?)!!

I think the next design will not be such a radical change to a futuristic space ship look.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
HarleyB
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
Nice analogy

At this point I got a skinny gal that I am trying to convince myself is as appealing as your natural beauty. You know how beauties go, high maintenance, everyone wants her, & at this point I can only fantasize because I cannot afford her so I did the best I could do, got her little sister.
...and my "skinny gal" lives in AZ and has 8 beautiful months that she takes her top off for! "Big sis" keeps hers on all year.

Plus "big sis" was not available brand new for under 40K.

Oh, and Motor Trend is close to 100% wrong whenever they wade into these subjects.

Quick Reply: Corvette C7 News in August Motor Trend