C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Centennial Production question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default 2012 Centennial Production question

I have a new GS Centennial on order. I know the target production date was around the 20th of last month but they had a delay with the decal vendor. I was told they would not start the Centennial production without all the parts in house.

Anyone know just when they actually started building the Centennial's? (I'm assuming they are in production by now)

I want to attend the Woodward event next month......it would be nice to do it in my new Vette.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe they have so far only produced 1 Centennial car, a ZR1 for Bill Stasek Chev. and it still sits in BG.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

There have been several Centennial Edition Corvettes produced in ZR1, Grand Sport and Z06's that I have seen. None have left the assembly plant as is the case with all 2012 cars. The assembly line returns from the July shutdown on Monday, July 18th.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

Originally Posted by talon90
There have been several Centennial Edition Corvettes produced in ZR1, Grand Sport and Z06's that I have seen. None have left the assembly plant as is the case with all 2012 cars. The assembly line returns from the July shutdown on Monday, July 18th.
You may have seen them, but they are not being shipped to dealers as the shutdown ends. They may be show or exhibition cars that are not for sale.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Just got back from our LSCC Club meeting, spoke to someone in the know....production has not started on the Centennial's yet, they are currently in the middle of their scheduled two week vacation/plant shutdown. It's possible they could start on a few later this month but full production will most likely will not be until the first week of Aug.

The Centennial Editions you have seen at places like the NCM were all built in the R&D Dept. They put together one of each model; Base, GS, ZO6 & ZR1 for publicity.

This Monday my club contact will fire off an email to KY to see if we can get some info on where my car stands in the production lined.....let ya all know more later

As of now, attending the Woodward Cruise in my Vette doesn't look good. I'll either be driving my Fat Albert (SUV) to the event or if lucky, be one of the first at Woodward with a Centennial Edition.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:32 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by Bobbyosto
You may have seen them, but they are not being shipped to dealers as the shutdown ends. They may be show or exhibition cars that are not for sale.
So your contention is then that they have not started building Production Centennial's?

This member would seem to contradict that:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1577906499-post14.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1577981430-post9.html

And it does not agree with what I have seen.

Originally Posted by hisvett
Just got back from our LSCC Club meeting, spoke to someone in the know....production has not started on the Centennial's yet, they are currently in the middle of their scheduled two week vacation/plant shutdown. It's possible they could start on a few later this month but full production will most likely will not be until the first week of Aug.

The Centennial Editions you have seen at places like the NCM were all built in the R&D Dept. They put together one of each model; Base, GS, ZO6 & ZR1 for publicity.

This Monday my club contact will fire off an email to KY to see if we can get some info on where my car stands in the production lined.....let ya all know more later

As of now, attending the Woodward Cruise in my Vette doesn't look good. I'll either be driving my Fat Albert (SUV) to the event or if lucky, be one of the first at Woodward with a Centennial Edition.
Funny thing about people "in the know" is that they're not always. See the above link that I posted of a forum member that has all ready been at the plant for his buyer's tour to watch his 2012 Centennial Edition ZR1 come down (and off the line).

There were more than one of each type on the line and there were staged prodction panels in que for build that day. The one of each type proto-type build took place in April and these are the cars that were debuted at the NCM during the bash. While they may not be shipping them, they are certainly building them.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

I thought Harvey Gluck recently posted about doing a plant build tour on his 2012 CE ZR1...

EDIT: Harvey updated today about his car with a post in the ZR1 section...

Last edited by Gary '09 C6; 07-16-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: correction
Old 07-16-2011, 07:58 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default 2012 centenial production schedule

Listen Guys if "Talon" says something on the Forum you can take it to the Bank-----he knows from what he says, and he can also eat an Awfull a lot of Food at Dinner....
Hey Paul hope to be down at BG on the 25th for 4 days.....
Yes My Centennial ZR1 is Built but its waiting for the De-Cal install which is suppose to be this coming week...... Harvey T. Gluck
Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

FYI, The www.corvetteconti.com/blog site has been pretty good in telling us whats going on at the BG plant.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
Listen Guys if "Talon" says something on the Forum you can take it to the Bank-----he knows from what he says, and he can also eat an Awfull a lot of Food at Dinner....
Yes My Centennial ZR1 is Built but its waiting for the De-Cal install which is suppose to be this coming week...... Harvey T. Gluck
Awesome Harvey! Looking forward to seeing you. I'll try to check on your car on Monday.

I'm travelling on the 25th and 26th but will be back home about mid-day on the 27th. I will make it a point to find you once I get in and settled.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
Harvey, any chance you'd be willing to work out an even trade? My 2005 Machine Silver coupe for your 2011 Supersonic Blue ZR1?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

My mistake. I apologize, I guess if Talon and PaulB post it, it's gospel.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

And your source for what you claim as fact would be...? Sorry, I'll put my money on Paul as an information source any day of the week.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

Originally Posted by mpuzach
And your source for what you claim as fact would be...? Sorry, I'll put my money on Paul as an information source any day of the week.
I didn't even see Paul post in regard to this situation.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

I didn't even see Paul post in regard to this situation.
Posts 3 and 6 (talon90).
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

Paul's post #9, only mentions something about Conti, he refers to that website. Your post about my sources, doesn't even mention Talon90's acute knowledge of Corvette production. But my assumption is you would put your money on both of them as information sources before anyone. That's your perrogative, so believe who you want.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Paul's post #9, only mentions something about Conti, he refers to that website. Your post about my sources, doesn't even mention Talon90's acute knowledge of Corvette production. But my assumption is you would put your money on both of them as information sources before anyone. That's your perrogative, so believe who you want.
I was referring to Paul Pearson (known here as talon90), not PaulB from post # 9. I made no mention of Conti so I don't know why you brought his name into the discussion. My confidence in Paul Pearson is well-founded - I'll leave it at that. He has enough credibility on this forum that the last thing he needs is back-up from me. I was simply asking you about the source of your comment as expressed in post # 4. If you know something that the rest of us don't, then please share it. If it was merely a guess on your part then that's fine, too - just please tell us that so that we don't misinterpret it as fact.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:32 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

You've got the wrong guy. Paul is Paul Pearson aka. Talon90
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 PM
C6Wolverine
Cruising

I can tell you that, Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling IL has the first Centennial ZR1 at the dealership. I was shown the car by Bill Stasek and it is absolutely top notch. It is the first one in production as the others Chevrolet have built are for testing.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Centennial Production question

Quick Reply: 2012 Centennial Production question