C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diy: C6 partition for less than $20

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Awesome! To all you non-believers....this is what the forum is all about. Things like Do-it-yourself projects, where people HELP each other out, instead of degrading their efforts!
+1

Thank you! Golden rule and all that.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM
POCOTOO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed to be said

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Really? Is this the kind of community I joined on this forum? I guess it's how you were raised.

I was taught to treat people with respect...especially strangers. Some of us on here aren't rich and can't just " pay to have it done by a professional ".

This post is for people like me, who enjoy low cost, functional projects, that we do ourselves. It gives us pride knowing that we spent very little money, and got just as good, if not better functionality out of something that we made ourselves. We're not worried what other people think about what we do...we take pride in our craftsmanship, even if it does look like a painted piece of wood. You know WHY it looks like a painted piece of wood? Because IT IS a painted piece of wood.

It's things that we do and share that gets other people thinking. For example, somebody on here a few years ago, converted their foglights to ram-air cooling ducts for their front brakes. I had the same idea, and searched to see if anybody else did it. So his project gave me a good baseline in which to do my own.

I could've said " Hey XXXX shop, build me some ram-air ducting" and spent $500+ on something, but that's just retarded to me.

So I spent a day or two, working in my garage, doing it myself. I know exactly how it's built, if anything breaks, I can fix it myself. I always overbuild everything I do, so that it doesn't brake in the first place. If it happens to break, I improve it and make it again.

Oh and by the way, if you haven't seen....Quantum Motorsports (not knocking them, they are good people, this is just an example) just came out with Ram-Air Foglight inlets for cooling ducts. I'm pretty sure it's because of people like the other guy, me, and everyone who commented that gave them the "hey, we can make those and sell them" idea. If not, whatever, who cares. But it doesn't take years of R&D and testing to go hey look, those guys did this, we can make our own kit and sell it for $200.

I made mine for about $20. And mine is better.

So if you were quoted above and are reading this, you can now go back to whatever you were doing, and leave me alone....and don't post anything on my threads if your not going to act like an adult...I'll call your mother.
AMEN
There are too many "unthinking" responses on this forum and I have often wondered why some of the "SENIOR" members don't chime in and try and correct it……..
Old 10-19-2018, 08:02 PM
arocars
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I went to Home Depot and picked up one of those green tomato stakes,cut it to size , and slipped it in the bottom pocket. It is just enough weight to keep it hanging down and not blowing all over.
I know it's an old thread, but the original post, with picture and measurements is great!

And I also don't like the cloth hang-down blowing all over the place, but don't want to cut it. A tomato stake is a great idea.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:57 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

As for the cloth hanging down, simply cut a rod (steelor aluminum) and insert it in the seam pocket on the end. Keep it from flapping and hides whatever you are hauling.

Last edited by dpigguy; 10-20-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by arocars
I know it's an old thread, but the original post, with picture and measurements is great!

And I also don't like the cloth hang-down blowing all over the place, but don't want to cut it. A tomato stake is a great idea.
Wow, 3 posts in 13 years! Must be a record -- .23 posts per year.

Quick Reply: Diy: C6 partition for less than $20