C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud to be a NEW YORKER w/pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklync5
I grew up in NYC. As a kid going to work with my dad on weekends, as a teenager and young adult I passed the world trade center on a regular basis. For those of you on this forum that have never seen it in person no picture will ever do the justice of just how enormous the towers were. Last night at around 3am after a great date i was driving down the empty west side highway where the towers once stood, and the new towers are being built. Figured i would snap a shot as i got goosebumps all over my body remembering that tragic day 10 years ago. Seeing the amount of work that has been done so far, and the new freedom tower lit in RED WHITE and BLUE i had a renewed sense of pride. Anyway heres a pic of the new Freedom Tower thats about half way built. In the background are the HUGE becons of light symbolizing the twin towers. Not the best pic but its something.

Oh and dont get me wrong boys i had some fun with the empty road ahead!!!!
Cool thread. Nice pic. Thanks for sharing
Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Rusler John
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I was born in Brooklyn and moved to Long Island, when, I was ten. I spent many days and nights in and around Manhattan Island and was always in awe of all those wonderful sights. I worked there for several years doing construction jobs to help build the city. I remember, vividly, the day when the attacks happened. There are no words, that, I could say, on this forum to tell how I felt. I would probably be ex-communicated from here. However, I hope that, that situation never happens again and the people who are in the know do something to prevent any future attacks instead of just BS'ing and wasting time in Congress. It always turns out to be 20/20 hindsight, when it comes to disasters. I served my time in the armed forces and am a patriotic American, who, wishes only the best for our nation and its people.
God Bless America and keep our people safe.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
soulcoaxing
Acct suspended by request 21 Sept 2011

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusler John
I was born in Brooklyn and moved to Long Island when I was ten. I spent many days and nights in and around Manhattan Island, and was always in awe of all those wonderful sights. I worked there for several years doing construction jobs to help build the city. I remember vividly the day when the attacks happened. There are no words that I could say on this forum to explain how I felt; I would probably be ex-communicated from here. However, I hope that situation never happens again and the people who are in the know do something to prevent any future attacks instead of just BSing and wasting time in Congress. It always turns out to be 20/20 hindsight when it comes to disasters. I served my time in the armed forces and am a patriotic American who wishes only the best for our nation and its people.
God Bless America and keep our people safe.
Thanks for sharing John. Well said. I agree. Thank you for your service and God bless.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by soulcoaxing
Thanks for sharing John. Well said. I agree. Thank you for your service and God bless.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
I agree with you, bobafett...we (our society) suffer from a lack of leadership posessing true vision and inspiration...
there's still trouble ahead, I suspect.
unfortunately Gary, I have to agree with you again and as some1 pointed out, its very easy to start pointing fingers, but dont agree with both parties will do everything possible to ensure something like this never happens again. A closer look on how this nations securtiy policies are executed by both sides would determine a little differently...
Old 09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

Born and raised in Brooklyn . My Avatar says it all. Ive had it since I became a member

Clif
Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Mischief
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm working in the area on assignment for the next couple of years in Jersey City across the river (arrived March 2010). Seeing the rebuilding of the WTC is an amazing feat and something to see in person. One of my co-workers took this pic of Freedom Town last week with the twin lights. In the foreground is the Goldman Sachs tower and the Colgate clock below.
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Now that is one hell of a picture!!!! I'm saving it to my iPhone now!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Mischief
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklync5
Now that is one hell of a picture!!!! I'm saving it to my iPhone now!
He definitely took an amazing shot. It was one of those moments where everything fell into place. I told him that he just created something that is going to travel the Internet for a good while. It was taken on the 18th floor of Portside Towers.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by soulcoaxing

as well.

Quick Reply: Proud to be a NEW YORKER w/pic