C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any BBk's that fit behind base c6 wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM
upsta8NY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any BBk's that fit behind base c6 wheels?

Im gonna be upgradeing my brakes as a winter project,and dont know if im gonna go widebooty and use wider wheels.If i decide not to is there stock or replica c6 wheels and what bbk could i use?I plan on.doing.some track events as well as autocross but mostly my car is a daily driver.
Mike
Old 11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You're really limited with the stock wheels. I'm not aware of any true big brakes that'll fit. IMO at the least you'll need new wheels. You can get wheels that will accommodate big brakes and allow you to run Z06 size tires on a stock body C6, however, not all wheels that'll accommodate Z06 tires on a stock body C6 will work with big brakes. You're really limited for space in the rear. For the greatest versatility, I recommend you go to the Z06 rear quarter panels and buy 9.5" or 10" front wheels and 12" wide rear wheels. I like CCW wheels but whichever wheel you go-with confirm with the vendor or manufacturer in advance that the specific wheels you want will work with big brakes. Good luck!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by upsta8NY
Im gonna be upgradeing my brakes as a winter project,and dont know if im gonna go widebooty and use wider wheels.If i decide not to is there stock or replica c6 wheels and what bbk could i use?I plan on.doing.some track events as well as autocross but mostly my car is a daily driver.
Mike
Wilwoods will fit with a spacer however you will need to put a stack of washers on each stud to find out exactly how thick the spacer needs to be and possibly install longer studs

Get notified of new replies

To Any BBk's that fit behind base c6 wheels?

Quick Reply: Any BBk's that fit behind base c6 wheels?