C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 PM
nuklhd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default Navigation Unit

Can someone please tell me were the actual navigation main unit is on a 2005 vert, auto trans.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I don't understand your question. Can you elaborate please?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,588 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by nuklhd
Can someone please tell me were the actual navigation main unit is on a 2005 vert, auto trans.

Thanks in advance.
The entire unit is right behind the screen and the antenna is in the dash right above. The only part that is somewhere else is the XM receiver which is behind the waterfall
Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
nuklhd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
The Corvette still uses a single box type radio where the guts of the radio are all included behind the faceplate. The map data is on a DVD that sits in the DVD drive of the unit. The GPS antenna is mounted under the upper dash. If you have XM it's under the waterfall in verts and above the rear driver wheel in coupes. The FM/AM antenna is in the trunk (near the latch) and the XM antennas are in the side mirrors. We could get into speaker locations if you want to complete the system (2 in each door, one in the center, 2 behind the seats, location dependent on coupe/vert).
Thank you, the reason I ask is I am getting the GPS indicator box in the screen with the red line through it fairly often all of a sudden. I did just get new tires and I noticed in the menu there is a recalibration choice if the wheels have been removed. I touch this button and it doesn't seem to make a difference. any ideas?

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation Unit

Quick Reply: Navigation Unit