C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving with Competitive Mode on

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:09 AM
jack5hd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bumped thread i started also about this.bill dearborn has a good description of this.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by rayk
But, you don't have TCS in control. I'm sure COW can update the throttle mapping to make it more sensitive.
Actually, you do with the DSC button, dynamic stability contronl which is the same as traction control on the corvette.

It would be nice if competitive mode changed the throttle mapping and the default setting remained as is. This default setting is important in wet and icy road conditions.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
this is all good and fine but do realize you are flirting with disaster and may make a new friend called "the curb" or "the ditch" doing this. Others on this forum have lost it in a heartbeat.
Especially on wet and icy roads! This is why you need to have the option and revert back to a less sensitive throttle mapping. It would be nice if GM incorporated this in competitive mode.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Bottom line is with competitive mode engaged you can push the car further before nannies come into play.

Simple explanation which should define
Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Just so you understand.....

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Actually, you do with the DSC button, dynamic stability contronl which is the same as traction control on the corvette.

It would be nice if competitive mode changed the throttle mapping and the default setting remained as is. This default setting is important in wet and icy road conditions.
Just so you understand..... With a STICK SHIFT car, the throttle response changes and becomes

LESS responsive in TC/OFF/COMP modes.

It is more aggressive (not much) in the DEFAULT TC/ON.

For you A6 guys, the throttle maps are the SAME and don't change when you pres the TC button.

However, I do (he he) change them for guys wanting something different.

Thursday night, I discovered that the 05 A4 car offers me more control that I previously thought.

The 05 A4 cars actually have 3 different throttle modes each selectable with the TC button.

You learn something new every day!
Chuck CoW
Old 02-11-2012, 01:26 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I'm sure most reading this thread have been keeping up on this other thread as well:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tive-mode.html

I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't think there was any difference in engine reaction when running in the various AH modes.

However, I do have a tune on my '06 Z06, and perhaps that has done something that changes the throttle response regardless of AH mode.

I had a tune on my '05 Coupe, and I have tune on my '06 Z06. The best thing about the tune on both cars was the MUCH better throttle response. I could enjoy it whether I was driving hard on the track or just cruising around town. Same thing with the B&M short throw shifter on the '05 and the MGW on the Z06 - I can enjoy the tight, short, crisp, pricise shifting every time I drive it.

When I got a ZR1 I was going to leave it stock, but I was very unhappy with the throttle response. A tune allegedly can void your warranty, so I got one of these:

http://www.sprintboostersales.com

I run it in "Sport" all the time, except occassionally if I'm on a wet road I'll go back to the factory mode. I never have needed the "Race" mode for street driving, and I'm not sure I'd want it on the track either - it's real fast response!!

I can unplug it whenever I want to in order to go back to completely stock setting and completely avoid any possible warranty problems I might have with a tune.

Bob

Quick Reply: Driving with Competitive Mode on