C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Agony of the "DEAL"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 PM
AGFNTB
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used forum dealer Boardwalk (Tim Boone) and the deal could not have gone smoother. I had big fears considering it was a 6+ hour drive up there to pick up my new ride, but once there the dealership experience was fast and smooth.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 PM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have fun buying cars as long as you think of it as a game that you can postpone if it starts to go against you. When I bought my 11 GS I had to see the finance guy to go over the add on warranties. When he told me the first price I stood up and looked over behind his desk. He asked if there was a problem? I simply said at those prices I know you must have been smoking dope before I sat down. He laughed and everything went smooth from that point on.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Cyber2010
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their goal is to sell as expensively as possible. Your goal is to buy as inexpensively as possible. It's a beautiful system.

They do their homework--do your own homework. The information is out there to be an educated buyer. Use it.

If you don't take the time to be armed with information, don't complain about being taken advantage of.

This isn't to say they don't pull some tricks, but if you're armed with knowledge you know when to walk away.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Send Tommy Jr a message and the rest is all smiles. If you don't buy from a forum vendor you are off your rocker and must love the pain.

Quick Reply: The Agony of the "DEAL"