C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any body got pics of their car with the red caliper covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 PM
gee350z1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSC62006
I think these would look good on your car. they are PC with the letters just painted black.

I believe they would, but even though red is so common i still prefer the contrast with the yellow for some reason. I would actually like to see the yellow with black letters on a VY vette before i would consider going that way.

Last edited by gee350z1; 05-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 05-06-2012, 07:14 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Had them on my last C6 and have them on my current vette. They do the job. They cover the ugly calipers and they don't chip, rust, peal, or make the brakes hot! I don't care what others think, I make the car payments! Some people are so worried about what others think. I see vettes all the time with "things" and mods I don't care for, but it's their car, not mine. Why would anyone want every vette to look the same? We buy covers for our engine parts, covers for our consoles, all kinds of covers on different parts...But when someone say's caliper covers, the wolfs come out and scream. We all have our opinions, but like a-holes, many of them stink. my opinion is and will always be...it's your car do as you wish!!!

Last edited by iridelow; 05-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow I had never seen these caliper covers. They look horrendous!!!!!

But as the posters have all said.....all that matters is if YOU like them.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 PM
waunavet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20

Originally Posted by JKbride
I’m not a fan of Brake Caliper covers, but I understand the appeal. if you’re just driving around town and want something easy to install that draws attention to the wheel, then caliper covers will do the trick.

I would respectfully say, if your type that enjoys taking your car to shows, cruise-in’s or to the track I would avoid them. Generally speaking, most car folk at these kinds of gatherings will not be impressed with caliper covers.

I did my calipers myself and here are a few pics along with a “How to” link” that I created here on CF. Also if you want a bit more “bling” I made some brushed aluminum shims that look nice on the calipers and cost nearly nothing to do….I have provided the “how to” link as well.

Brake Caliper “How to Link” http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...pers-pics.html

Aluminum Brake Shim “How to” link” http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...w-to-pics.html

IMO, try doing your calipers yourself first and if you don’t like them, maybe try the covers. At the end of the day, it’s your car and if you are happy with caliper covers or just doing them yourself.....do what makes you happy.

Hope this helps,
John

Hey, that's the exact photo I've been looking for; black car, black calipers and silver/gray bracket. Got a pic of the entire side of the vehicle? Thank you!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by vetteright
That's your opinion; obviously not shared by all.
But certainly shared by most, ewwww
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Seat belt warning lables, NPP exhaust valve controllers, C6 alternators, and brake calipers are all hideous and should be covered-up.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by laconiajack
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Seat belt warning lables, NPP exhaust valve controllers, C6 alternators, and brake calipers are all hideous and should be covered-up.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM
1hawk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default red caliper

On a Torch Red looks nice.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
VetteCop29
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also painted these myself.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by laconiajack
brake calipers are hideous?

Quick Reply: any body got pics of their car with the red caliper covers