C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy the Corsa Sport exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Yes

And I did.

Still love them after 4 years too.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have Corsa Sport on my 09 and I love it. Took me a while to purchase them though because I wanted to hear it in person. The youtube videos really don't do it justice as it sounds soooooooo much better in person. I was so happy when I bought it and wish I did it as soon as I bought my car.

I don't have any videos of my car that I can post, but perhaps others may have some HIGH QUALITY videos of their Corsa Sports which they can post to help him make his decision a little easier? Maybe a few start ups, idle, WOT cruise, WOT (inside and outside the car) That would be great if someone has any. Cheers.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Have Corsa Sports on my A6 and love em..
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 AM
jpgolf14
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yawlak80-86
IMO, Corsa Sports are the best for C6's. I've got nothing bad to say about 'em. They have a good tone during normal driving then get loud and nasty sounding with some hard driving. Most importantly is THEY DON'T DRONE! You can talk to someone and/or hear the radio while blasting down the highway. They also flow much better than stock. When I installed Sports on my 1st C6 along with a CAI, my fuel trim readings went way positive in my computer indicating dramatically increased airflow. After I tuned the car, it became an animal.

IMO, Extremes are too loud and they drone at certain highway speeds.

Corsa touring is too quiet and just a slight improvement over stock.

Good luck w/ whatever you choose....

have the sports on my 06. look nice, sound good (to my ear), dont drone. expensive, but i have them for five years and very happy.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM
saber
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

With headers and high flow cats the sports sound amazing.
I have had many many comments!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM
ed.john
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't go wrong with the corsa sports. Great sound
Old 02-25-2012, 11:25 AM
5W30
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the least mentioned attribute of Corsa systems is that they're in the small minority of quality vette exhausts that have been designed with the understanding that you can actually clean and polish your quad tips when they're not fused.

My current c5 came with quad b&b and just looking down at them irks me.

Take in all the factors, looks, design, sound, quality, price, etc and it's hard to beat Corsa.

The sport mufflers had a few more cheeseburgers for dinner than the xtreme's, you'll be looking at them.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:40 AM
carjo
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I put Corsa Sports on my "03 C5 and loved 'em. Would I do it today? No, not after experiencing the sound and flexibility of the factory NPP exhaust system (on my '09 C6) with the aftermarket Mild to Wild switch (allows you to control opening/closing of the exhaust - i.e. loud for you, quiet/no drone when wife or signif. other is in car.)

Some members of the Corvette club I'm in have retro-fitted the NPP system to their C6's with good results. Your local Chevy dealer may even be able to do this for you. It won't be cheap, but you get what you pay for!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by skyrex99
Looking for an exhaust system for my 07 base Vette (no mods-yet). Did the research, listened to the sound bits, and You Tube. It somewhat helped. I've read the Manufacturer's descriptions. Even called one. By description, the Corsa Sport system seems to offer what I want. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has one. I miss it with the Flowmaster for the Mustang, the Borla for the truck. Both, were simply a bit louder than stock. So hoping for 1 out of 3.

Does anyone have this system on their Vette? Or, have you heard the system live on someone's Vette? I'm looking for a muscle sound at ideal, and a crisp tone through the gears and no drone when cruising. Needs to be much more aggressive than stock, but not the loudest tier. Want music and talk in the cabin when not going through the gears.

If you're an owner, let me know your expierence. If not, let me know what you have and how close it is to what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.
If you can't deal with the DRONE,leave it stock.I have a 08 with cam,AR's,borla stringers & tune.At 75mph on the freeway i can hear my radio on very low volume.Setup sounds good to me,i can hear a Great sound at the rear.I've heard vettes with the corsa's,just don't like the high pitch sound.Just me>
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Scigacz
3rd Gear

I am looking for an exhaust for my 07 c6 as well..
would any one know what setup would give me a close sound to this?: B&B exhaust?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31IeIPXfis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgECf...eature=related

Last edited by Scigacz; 02-25-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:55 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

So far the Sports have been the best money I've spent on mine...
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by skyrex99
Looking for an exhaust system for my 07 base Vette (no mods-yet). Did the research, listened to the sound bits, and You Tube. It somewhat helped. I've read the Manufacturer's descriptions. Even called one. By description, the Corsa Sport system seems to offer what I want. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has one. I miss it with the Flowmaster for the Mustang, the Borla for the truck. Both, were simply a bit louder than stock. So hoping for 1 out of 3.

Does anyone have this system on their Vette? Or, have you heard the system live on someone's Vette? I'm looking for a muscle sound at ideal, and a crisp tone through the gears and no drone when cruising. Needs to be much more aggressive than stock, but not the loudest tier. Want music and talk in the cabin when not going through the gears.

If you're an owner, let me know your expierence. If not, let me know what you have and how close it is to what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.
Are you going to buy the Corsa Sport?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Bumpnrun
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have the Corsa Sports on my '06...Love em...VERY difficult to align tips perfect.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You know how people say "Its your $$ and "Your Car" get what YOU LIKE & I fully agree.. if you have to drive it I'm sure you don't want to be annoyed by unwanted "Drone" .. so here is where I'm gonna get banned from this thread...

I drag race my C6 almost every weekend (March through Nov) I have a tune by Cartek, CAI, and a full set of long tube KOOKS Headers with the X pipe etc... etc..My exhaust is all Kooks back as far as the muffler.. then I left the STOCK mufflers on it..

My reasons are I have to drive almost exactly 100 miles to the closest track (Thats 100 miles ONE WAY).. I race at Englishtown Raceway Park or Lebanon Vally and in the summer after a long "HOT" day at the track the last thing I want to hear is an exhaust that is too loud for my liking.. I want ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE at any RPM..

The car is pretty much stock and its run in the 11s & I'm happy with my ET and MPH so I won't screw with my mufflers to gain 3-5 more HP I turn on my CD player & AC is set on 68 deg and I'm cool and comfortable even if I had a bad day and lost early in eliminations...

To those of you who like LOUD I say "Go for it"
Old 02-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Just installed a used Corsa Sport exhaust that I bought off a forum member here. It's perfect. I wouldn't mind having electric cutouts for extra nastiness but for given the space constraints I really like these. Whisper quiet on the highway and perfect on startup, acceleration, and deceleration.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM
DillingerRadio
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Corsa exhaust systems are specifically engineered not to drone. Corsa tests them before each production run and go back to the drawing board if they hear any drone. Ask anyone around with a set of them, you'll find they don't have any complaints with drone

I would recommend 'em definitely. They sound great, they look great.

Akrapovics.. Sexy exhaust systems for sure (love those carbon tips), and good sound.. But overpriced sums them up quite nicely. Screw that noise
Old 02-28-2014, 02:38 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by DillingerRadio
Corsa exhaust systems are specifically engineered not to drone. Corsa tests them before each production run and go back to the drawing board if they hear any drone. Ask anyone around with a set of them, you'll find they don't have any complaints with drone

I would recommend 'em definitely. They sound great, they look great.

Akrapovics.. Sexy exhaust systems for sure (love those carbon tips), and good sound.. But overpriced sums them up quite nicely. Screw that noise
You want the best..you have to pay for the best. They don't make them for your GS anyways, so you don't even have to worry about it.

Get notified of new replies

To Would you buy the Corsa Sport exhaust?

Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
DillingerRadio
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by LFZ
You want the best..you have to pay for the best. They don't make them for your GS anyways, so you don't even have to worry about it.
Why do you think I bought a GS?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:49 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

I have them and LOVE them. They are just the right amount of muscle-car sound without being too obnoxious. Here is the great thing..... Get yourself a set and put them on. If for some reason you are not completely happy with the sound, take them off and post them here on the for-sale section and they will be bought by someone else within a few hours.

Last edited by jdk541; 02-28-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:01 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

This thread is 2 years old, I would imagine the OP has already made his choice by now well I would hope so...

Quick Reply: Would you buy the Corsa Sport exhaust?