C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So glad to be back in a Vette!! Machine Silver 08 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default So glad to be back in a Vette!! Machine Silver 08 Vert

It's been a while since I was last on here! But I'm glad to be back and with another Vette!! Back in August last year I thought I wanted to change things up a bit and went to test drive a 2012 GT500. I liked it and the dealer happened to work a hell of a deal out for me. So I traded, and the remorse began about a month after lol... I should've never traded my Vette and missed it. The Shelby was nice but wasn't worth the price. It was just an overpriced Mustang. Soooo I was looking to get out of it. I just happened to come across an awesome 2010 lifted Silverado and again I worked out a great deal and bought it. I always wanted a lifted truck and didn't want to pass up on that one. But it's one of those been there done that types of things. I couldn't park it anywhere, it wouldn't fit in my garage, and the best city MPG was about 11.2 and about 12 on the hwy. So I made up my mind. I'm a sports car guy at heart and missed speed and fun. Mostly I missed my Vette. Finally came across a nice low mileage LS3 with all the options I wanted and made it happen. I'm definitely glad to be back in a Vette and I'm sorry I disgraced the Vette world by trading for a Ford lmao... but anyways, let the modding begin all over again.

Here's a few shots as it sits now. Friday I'm getting the windows tinted 20%. Next week my taillight and sidemarker blackouts should be here. Also have front and rear emblem tint coming and the Mild 2 Wild system coming. From there I want to go with some sort of black wheels, possibly lower it like my old Vette, and definitely do longtubes, CAI and a tune.

2008 Convertible 3LT with Z51, NPP, NAV, HUD, Bose, and M6

What I traded in to get the Vette. 2010 Silverado Z71 with 6" lift

The Shelby I traded the first Vette for

And the one I should've never let go! And man do I miss that JSB (but I wanted something different this go around)

Last edited by 08LS3Vette; 04-04-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 311 Likes on 200 Posts

Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Enjoy.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 AM
designerRob
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All cool rides. Congrats on the 08'!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
oldjeeps4me
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations on your vert, I really like it, in fact I have the identical car!!! I bought it back in November, and I love it. Good Luck with yours!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM
2toys
Burning Brakes

Welcome back to the land of Vettemania. I see you've let the modding begin. Almost everyone gets blinded by the "bling" and "hype" so this first blunder is forgiven. Keep the Vette blinders on and improve your ride as Chevrolet turned a deaf ear to our requests and the aftermarket stepped up.

I have some Mustang "friends" I'll have to share your epiphany with, perhaps they too will see the light.

Welcome home!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Great looking vert. I like the color.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 AM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Thanks everyone!!

Originally Posted by 2toys
Welcome back to the land of Vettemania. I see you've let the modding begin. Almost everyone gets blinded by the "bling" and "hype" so this first blunder is forgiven. Keep the Vette blinders on and improve your ride as Chevrolet turned a deaf ear to our requests and the aftermarket stepped up.

I have some Mustang "friends" I'll have to share your epiphany with, perhaps they too will see the light.

Welcome home!!!!
Oh yeah I started planning what I wanted to do even before I got the car lol... I just wish I had all the aftermarket parts from my last Vette I modded. Oh well, live and learn! Heck I have a storage shed full of car parts from when all the vehicles I've had and modded. Hmm now that I think about it, I have my old factory air intake from my last LS3. I just might experiment with it and paint it silver just to see how it'd turn out lol. Really the only thing I'd wanted painted would be the FRC's...That's the fun with these cars, it's always a work in progress.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM
2toys
Burning Brakes

Just a thought, you could PM a mod if you want to change your "handle" and retain your status now that your ride is silver.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Great story
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2toys
Just a thought, you could PM a mod if you want to change your "handle" and retain your status now that your ride is silver.
I was thinking about that when I first logged in, just wasn't sure it could be done. I've been on some forums where it couldn't be changed. But I'll definitely PM one! lol
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 445 Likes on 333 Posts

IMHO Machine Silver is the best!
Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
TWOBUELLS
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Welcome back.. Nice color choice too.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

why so many vehicles in such a short period of time?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTC4VETTE
Welcome back!
Congrats
Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
HarleyB
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree on the GREAT choice of color...

Get notified of new replies

To So glad to be back in a Vette!! Machine Silver 08 Vert

Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Yeah I definitely love the silver. I'll love it even more once I get some black accents with it!

Originally Posted by Raazor
why so many vehicles in such a short period of time?
Like stated in my OP I wanted something different and happened to get a great deal on a 2012 GT500. Got the car out the door for $45k with 51 miles on it, not including the trade in of the JSB Vette. The insurance just about doubled going to the GT500 (long story short, insurance quoted me it would go up about a dollar a month before I got the car. After purchasing and speaking to insurance they advised they didn't know what a GT500 was. Needless to say we had our words.). Needless to say with the monthly payment and insurance I wasn't in love with the car. It was not enough car for the money. So I began looking for something else. I happened to come across the lifted Silverado (which I've always wanted) and traded for it. I'm a sports car guy at heart so the lifted truck wore off on me. It was ridiculous on gas, slow as dirt, can't park it anywhere, won't fit in my garage, and cost more on insurance than the Vette surprisingly (not enough to really notice but still lol). In the end why keep something if you're not happy with it? That's my mind set and I haven't gone upside done on a vehicle yet. If you haggle and shop around then things work themselves out. Typically I spend all day at a dealership haggling over a vehicle. Dealerships hate me when I leave but I get what I want and good deals. With my first Vette this is how I see it. I didn't know what I had til I lost it. Now I truly see what a great car the Vette is and what a great performer it is for the money. I plan to keep this one for years to come (or at least til about 2016 when the C7 is more in my budget haha).
Old 04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by 08JSBVette
Yeah I definitely love the silver. I'll love it even more once I get some black accents with it!

Like stated in my OP I wanted something different and happened to get a great deal on a 2012 GT500. Got the car out the door for $45k with 51 miles on it, not including the trade in of the JSB Vette. The insurance just about doubled going to the GT500 (long story short, insurance quoted me it would go up about a dollar a month before I got the car. After purchasing and speaking to insurance they advised they didn't know what a GT500 was. Needless to say we had our words.). Needless to say with the monthly payment and insurance I wasn't in love with the car. It was not enough car for the money. So I began looking for something else. I happened to come across the lifted Silverado (which I've always wanted) and traded for it. I'm a sports car guy at heart so the lifted truck wore off on me. It was ridiculous on gas, slow as dirt, can't park it anywhere, won't fit in my garage, and cost more on insurance than the Vette surprisingly (not enough to really notice but still lol). In the end why keep something if you're not happy with it? That's my mind set and I haven't gone upside done on a vehicle yet. If you haggle and shop around then things work themselves out. Typically I spend all day at a dealership haggling over a vehicle. Dealerships hate me when I leave but I get what I want and good deals. With my first Vette this is how I see it. I didn't know what I had til I lost it. Now I truly see what a great car the Vette is and what a great performer it is for the money. I plan to keep this one for years to come (or at least til about 2016 when the C7 is more in my budget haha).

Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I'm not sure why, but I think your Vert is just beautiful.

Quick Reply: So glad to be back in a Vette!! Machine Silver 08 Vert