C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP, long post ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just replaced the OEM GY F1's with a set of the Michelin A/S ZPs on the wife's 2006 C6 convertible two weeks ago. Even though the car only has 10,500 original miles on the clock and the OEM F1's had plenty of tread left, they were all dry rotted between tread blocks!!! Anyway, the difference between the F1's and the Michelins is amazing - better ride quality, less noise, better traction. Got them mounted, balanced, Nitrogen-filled and TPMS reset through Costco (very competitive pricing compared to Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct). Had to wait three days for them to arrive at the local store but the techs did an excellent job mounting and balancing, even cleaned the rims from the soapy mounting solution - a first in my 40+ years of vehicle tire replacement. No signs of any wheel damage from the tire machine either. The only thing we had to provide the shop with was the lifting pucks.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Gotta love Costco!!

Convinced my Dad to put these tires on his '07, and he was about to enjoy the same great service & pricing.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Tire pressure does make a difference in how a car rides and sounds. I inflate my tires to 35-40 psi when it goes into hibernation during the winter.

I took my car out for a spin last month for the first time this year and forgot to lower the pressure. It was noisy and road rougher. I realized what was the problem, so when I took the car out later, after the tires had cooled, I lowered the tire pressure from 36 psi back down to 30 psi cold. Made a world of difference on the Bridgestone's on my Z06.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by mlsins
I put on a set of these same tires about a month ago. For me it was a night and day experience as I had driven the GY's down to the cord so they were riding really bad. My experience has been a lot like yours. They are quieter and much smoother. I agree with your statement about hitting spots in the road that would have been a pretty big jolt are now just a small bump. I'm very happy with them!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
gqllc007
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a set of A/S with about 1,000 miles on them. I also have a set of Michelin PS2 non run flats arriving in about a week and a half on new rims. I will post my findings. At this point the F1 GY had 12,000 miles on them and the ride was not the greatest. I will see how the PS2 non run flats compare to A/S run flats
Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Jimsan
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have about 4,000 miles on the AS ZPs and like the ride and handling in the cold weather. However, I did not have any complaints with the OEM Goodyear Runflats except for the tire wear--- 18,000 miles and the were worn out.

IMO there is very little difference in the ride, noise, etc.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP, long post ...