C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette vs Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Notch
What does Porsche have to do with it? It's about the OP thinking someone was engaged in rude behavior, not the kind of car involved. The specific car is not capable of supposed rude behavior.
Everything.

Again I encourage members to use the forum search.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Intent is derived from objective manifestations of people's conduct all the time.

And juries every day throughout the country are asked to reach conclusions on intent from that very type of information.

Nothing new or mysterious there, my friend.
Are you really serious? Let me help you out as you are missing something very important; in jury trials BOTH sides are given the opportunity to present the facts. The trial isn't just about the prosecution getting all the floor time.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Intent is derived from objective manifestations of people's conduct all the time.

And juries every day throughout the country are asked to reach conclusions on intent from that very type of information.

Nothing new or mysterious there, my friend.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by petes ZO6
Everything.
I guess you just can't understand what I'm posting about in this thread. There is nothing I've stated that has to do with the kind of car the guy was driving.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,457 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Are you really serious? Let me help you out as you are missing something very important; in jury trials BOTH sides are given the opportunity to present the facts. The trial isn't just about the prosecution getting all the floor time.

I've found our colloquy actually quite humorous, but I do have to get back to work.

Practicing law.

Nice chatting with you, Notch.

Later.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
geezerman
Racer

Look Notch,

If you think the guy's behavior is standard Porsche fare, or for that matter reasonable conduct, then fine.

I'm not going to waste my time in a debate on it. I've never done what the guy did. And I've never seen anybody do what the guy did. And from all appearances he did it solely to be a tool.

Hell, for all we know he was looking at **** on his I-phone and in all his excitement just couldn't keep his foot out of the throttle. . . .

Good grief.
ya know, really?,..as i pointed out earlier,..i AM a porsche owner,..and the guy was being an UN-MITIGATED TOOL!,..case closed!,...toolish behavior DOES emminate unforetunaely a little more frequently in the porsche clan,...i have had MANY circumstances to observe this on a first hand basis,...f-wits are in every marque,..but probably the ONLY thing i don't like about my car, is the inordinate amount of tools that porsche seems to attract to it's marque,...yes,...upon occasion,...even me!,...but really,...the vast majority of owners like all fast cars, and have deep respect for all performance cars,...a few bad apples in every marque,...perhaps just a smidgen more in the porsche brand?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Notch
Safety Car

... but I do have to get back to work.

Practicing law.
Now that's one of the funniest things I've read here in a long time.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
sportcruiser
Pro

Yes, but there is interpretation too. If you are going to communicate, you have to take responsibility for how your communication might be interpreted.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And just what do you think my intentions are? Please be specific.
Notch, I'm beginning to think you were that guy in the Porsche, so, what were your intentions?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sportcruiser
Yes, but there is interpretation too.
Of course there is interpretation, and there are plenty of people who will, based on their interpretation, jump to conclusions that are not true.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:01 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

I guess you just can't understand what I'm posting about in this thread. There is nothing I've stated that has to do with the kind of car the guy was driving.
You would be better off trying to sell a bridge on the forum, over trying to sell us the fact that a Porsche was involved had nothing to do with your post.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Notch
Safety Car

You would be better off trying to sell a bridge on the forum, over trying to sell us the fact that a Porsche was involved had nothing to do with your post.
You are jumping to conclusions again.

Did I make any connection between the guys behavior and the kind of car he was driving?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Did I make any connection between the guys behavior and the kind of car he was driving?
I'm quite sure if the car would have been a Camaro or just about any other car you would have not even bothered to post at all. Again if any member questions this, all they need to do is use the search the forum offers.

Notch & Porcshe using the forum search.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Notch
Safety Car

I'm quite sure if the car would have been a Camaro or just about any other car you would have not even bothered to post at all.
My advice is that you to stop trying to depend on clairvoyance.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:00 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

My advice is that you to stop trying to depend on clairvoyance.
My advice is members use the forum search so they can see your agenda for themselves.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I would have taken the damn wheels off and even cleaned those! I absolutely love rude people. Gives me all the reason I need to be rude in return.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 PM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

This is a corvette forum. If a corvette forum member posts about a non-corvette owner doing something -like, the rest of the corvette forum members typically take his/her side. If that doesnt make sense to you I'm not sure what does. Only do we get to hear both sides when it has to do with one corvette forum member talking about another corvette forum member.

The "possibilities" are endless but one shouldn't take time to hi-jack someone else's thread with all things considered..

Now, follow suit or go back to the Porsche forum

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette vs Porsche

Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Notch
Safety Car

My advice is members use the forum search so they can see your agenda for themselves.
Why don't you stop wasting bandwidth on off-topic conversation and take this off-line to PM? You can tell me there what you think my "agenda" is specifically.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by shootincyclone
This is a corvette forum. If a corvette forum member posts about a non-corvette owner doing something -like, the rest of the corvette forum members typically take his/her side.
So you endorse jumping to conclusions.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Why don't you stop wasting bandwidth on off-topic conversation and take this off-line to PM? You can tell me there what you think my "agenda" is specifically.
I have nothing to PM you about that has not already been posted. All I suggest is members do a search. Clearly some already have taken that advice.

Quick Reply: Corvette vs Porsche