C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hendrick Chevy Atlanta: AWFUL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Tim Boone at Broadwalk had the best price of all the other forum dealers!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I can appreciate your aggravation but I don't find it surprising. I guess there are exceptions but in general I find the dealership sales process atrocious!

Originally Posted by C6Joy
Just go with the dealer that DID give you the best price.
Bingo!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
ip-do-tan
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JC6
Tim Boone at Broadwalk had the best price of all the other forum dealers!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

There are a lot of Forum dealers who have great reputations and some with not so great...but it is very easy to do a search and read the feedback from our members...

In 08, I went looking for a new vette, called our big NJ dealer on the phone after looking at their website. They had a car that was just what I was looking for. Being in Mass, I called to make sure the car was still there...it was. I asked to put a deposit of their choosing on my CC.. they said nope we dont do that. I asked then to hold the car until I could drive down...NOPE, I said ...then what can you do for me to hold the car, was told....quote" if its here when you get here then you can buy it, we dont hold cars"... well I ranted on here about the experience ....I got so many emails telling me to go to NH and see Tommy Jr. I called Tommy, told him what I was looking for..said he had exactly the car...quoted me the price..which was very much cheaper, I said ok I want it ...will you take my CC for a deposit. Tommy said...if you want the car its yours,no need for the cc number. I will put it aside for you...and he did. three days later I went up and there was the car with my name on it...his word is his bond....I have purchased 4 vehicles from him now...best prices, no hidden fees...just great service...and he pulled some strings to get my new 12 done in time before I lost some incentives. I also did the buyers tour and watched it get built..great time...you can trust MacMulkin..and many of our other sponsors here....just do your research....phew...
Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I completely understand where the OP is coming from. Buying local serves many purposes including developing a relationship with the dealer including service. It just makes it easier. No matter what anyone tells you a dealer is going to take better care of customers that bought from them. Even if you have a issue with the service department you can always go back to the sales person or general manager for help.

That being said many of the forum dealers do offer some great deals. In a perfect world there would be a forum dealer in every city.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM
drewauby5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a trade, that is the thing. I would love to buy from forum dealer, but there aren't any in driving distance to me...open to suggestions if any forum dealer is reading...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 PM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
There are a lot of Forum dealers who have great reputations and some with not so great...but it is very easy to do a search and read the feedback from our members...

In 08, I went looking for a new vette, called our big NJ dealer on the phone after looking at their website. They had a car that was just what I was looking for. Being in Mass, I called to make sure the car was still there...it was. I asked to put a deposit of their choosing on my CC.. they said nope we dont do that. I asked then to hold the car until I could drive down...NOPE, I said ...then what can you do for me to hold the car, was told....quote" if its here when you get here then you can buy it, we dont hold cars"... well I ranted on here about the experience ....I got so many emails telling me to go to NH and see Tommy Jr. I called Tommy, told him what I was looking for..said he had exactly the car...quoted me the price..which was very much cheaper, I said ok I want it ...will you take my CC for a deposit. Tommy said...if you want the car its yours,no need for the cc number. I will put it aside for you...and he did. three days later I went up and there was the car with my name on it...his word is his bond....I have purchased 4 vehicles from him now...best prices, no hidden fees...just great service...and he pulled some strings to get my new 12 done in time before I lost some incentives. I also did the buyers tour and watched it get built..great time...you can trust MacMulkin..and many of our other sponsors here....just do your research....phew...
Couldn't have said it better Peter. Tommy is a stand up guy
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Bowtie_Brigade
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't get into the details, but I will say I got the runaround from Hendrick Atlanta when negotiating a leftover 2010 to the point that I mentioned the experience in my customer satisfaction survey for the 2011. I ended up buying my 2011 from John Thornton/Lithia Springs, GA. Everything was pre-negotiated via email including my trade and final purchase price. Very good experience with them.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by drewauby5
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up about an awful experience that I have had with this dealer. I was told buy their corvette manager that they would match any offer from any competitor as long as it was in writing. They made me go out of my way to involve another dealer to the point where I got in writing a signed buyers agreement and emailed to Hendrick and then they backed away and wouldn't match the price. They are liars and try to build themselves up as being honest people. They talk bad about other forum dealers (Kerbeck, MacMulkin, Les Stanford, Boardwalk) saying that their sale prices are bogus and they can't sell that low??? Bunch of BS!! I highly recommend that no one do business with these guys, they are the type that give car dealers a bad name. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please share.
When Rick Daniels left and they quit being a forum vendor. They are from old school thinking and they think the world will come to them not can you say Bill Heard.
z51vett
Old 05-10-2012, 01:26 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I had a bad experience there last December. Have to say, it was only one person that made it so bad. Rick Daniel was good to work with, but he's not there anymore.
I'm getting ready to buy a 427 Vert, but Hendrick Atlanta is not on my list of dealers.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Kevin_NYC
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

One Word: MacMulkin
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by drewauby5
I have a trade, that is the thing. I would love to buy from forum dealer, but there aren't any in driving distance to me...open to suggestions if any forum dealer is reading...
Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling (Chicago) made it worth my time to drive 1000 miles (each way) and trade last year (twice). I think I'm about to drive to Stasek again for my 427 Vert. Call Bob Clegg or Brent at Stasek. Tell them David sent you. They can make it worth your time.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
ZRCLONE
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

There are always 3 sides to every story, all dealers are a PITA to deal with in one way or another.
I am still waiting for Kerbeck to call or email me back about a car!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling (Chicago) made it worth my time to drive 1000 miles (each way) and trade last year (twice). I think I'm about to drive to Stasek again for my 427 Vert. Call Bob Clegg or Brent at Stasek. Tell them David sent you. They can make it worth your time.
One of the guys local to me here and on the forum (Quicksilverbob) picked up a used C6Z from Stasek last year, and had nothing but good to say about them as well. They are very close to where I live, so it's nice to see them gaining a good reputation.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
nikic6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Suggest you order the car through MacMulkin and have it delivered from the factory to a local dealer.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Honestly, I've have heard far more negatives about Hendrick than anything. Too bad
Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Honestly, I've have heard far more negatives about Hendrick than anything. Too bad
Probably a reason for that. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

That being said, I think Rick Hendrick is a stand up supporter of the NCM. Nothing bad about the man.

Get notified of new replies

To Hendrick Chevy Atlanta: AWFUL!!!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Same story here I tried to buy from them and all I got was a lot of BS I bought from Tommy Jr best buying experience I've ever had
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z51vett
When Rick Daniels left and they quit being a forum vendor. They are from old school thinking and they think the world will come to them not can you say Bill Heard.
z51vett
I didn't realize Rick had left, thanks for the update. Seems like when I talked to him late last year he had some great plans in the works!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:53 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by 05C6GAC
I didn't realize Rick had left, thanks for the update. Seems like when I talked to him late last year he had some great plans in the works!!!!
I think Rick went to BuyaVette in Atlanta. It's one of the large preowned Corvette dealers with a great selection.

Quick Reply: Hendrick Chevy Atlanta: AWFUL!!!